I hate Nile and they didn't even...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Fields of Shit
Keep it thick...

Re: I hate Nile and they didn't even...

Post by Fields of Shit »

deathcore fag needs to be LASHED TO THE SLAVE STICK
Look at that lighthouse. That's the ultimate expression of phallocentric technocracy violating Mother Sky.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Deez Nutz wrote:Nile is gay and boring.
Sup tvff guy. say that to my face.
BarkingLocust
DO THE DEW!

Post by BarkingLocust »

This thread actually made me curious in checking out Nile again. What should I check out first? I remember liking to a certain degree those song from "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka" which were on that Relapse Records SOLID sampler... fuck that was in 1998.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines are both pretty solid.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

Amongst is their best and has a very distinct wall-of-sound, after that they've gotten less grindy and cleaner. go by their discography, just want to warn you that i think they've reached a plateau on their last 3 albums. its still pretty fun though.
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

Nephren-Ka is the only Nile album I have. I'm not too big on them anymore, but it was the first death metal album I ever bought (I was 13 then...), so I can't get rid of it.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
BarkingLocust
DO THE DEW!

Post by BarkingLocust »

The artwork for "Annihilation of the Wicked" looks pretty good to me. I assume the music isn't as good. My problem with this kind of music is ususally the drums' production.
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

I know I'm in the minority, but I think In Their Darkened Shrines is damn near perfect.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

check these tracks out:

from Annihilation... "Burning Pits of Duat" http://www.mediafire.com/?8hpd2g52ufftnyb
from Ithyphallic "Language of the Shadows" http://www.mediafire.com/?xzf25i3id2lprs6
from Those Whom... "Kafir!" http://www.mediafire.com/?i7b89e5q4znka7a

In Their Darkened is good, Tony's drumming rules on that but i feel that its not as good as their other material.
BarkingLocust
DO THE DEW!

Post by BarkingLocust »

OK "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka" sounds somewhat like I remember it sounding. I kinda still like it, pretty brutal for sure. "Black Seeds of Vengeance" doesn't seem too bad either. However I can definitely see how this stuff will be getting tired by the 3rd album if they just keep trying to incresease speed/technicality/brutalness.

This music sounds really dense to me.
BarkingLocust
DO THE DEW!

Post by BarkingLocust »

pooptastik wrote:check these tracks out:

from Annihilation... "Burning Pits of Duat" http://www.mediafire.com/?8hpd2g52ufftnyb
from Ithyphallic "Language of the Shadows" http://www.mediafire.com/?xzf25i3id2lprs6

In Their Darkened is good, Tony's drumming rules on that but i feel that its not as good as their other material.
Will do. What's the verdict on "Festivals of Atonement"?
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

IFryKids wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I think In Their Darkened Shrines is damn near perfect.

+1 ova here!!

Actually, the only album of there's I do not listen to whatsoever is the phalic-whatever disc. I think that one is the purest re-hash album of all time. The latest one, however, seems to have a little more life than it's predecessor.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

Frickin' Slayer wrote:
Bored001 wrote:
dick manfuck wrote:...a lot better than I remember....
Because they actually know what they're doing.
:roll: duz the libra butt-kissing of genmini's hav no end? i say that because kolonel sanders is a genmini. maybe u did knew?
It's funny you should mention that. There's a libra at my job who has kissed my ass on occasion..
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i'd defend 'black seeds' in a knife fight.
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

IFryKids wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I think In Their Darkened Shrines is damn near perfect.
Hahahaha...so do I. I love that album.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

BarkingLocust wrote:
pooptastik wrote:check these tracks out:

Will do. What's the verdict on "Festivals of Atonement"?
its really different but VERY good. a lot slower, mid-paced and not as frantic. Wrought is my favorite Nile song. please check it out!
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

fallbacktostone wrote:i'd defend 'black seeds' in a knife fight.
my only beef with Black Seeds are the last 2 closing tracks, totally unnecessary.
Teebore wrote:

+1 ova here!!

Actually, the only album of there's I do not listen to whatsoever is the phalic-whatever disc. I think that one is the purest re-hash album of all time. The latest one, however, seems to have a little more life than it's predecessor.
i feel like in In Their Darkened that they tried to recapture that sound on Amongst but it sounded a bit harsh, like they had to boost up the kicks up in the mix, suck out all the mids and raise the lows/highs all the way up.

you can hear that Dallas' songs destroys Karls and he probably in able to get his ego up that he should write a 1 huge song then break them up to 4 parts which honestly just sounds like 4 DIFFERENT songs; also write lyrics for the 2 instrumentals.

and yes i agree about Ithyphallic being totally rehashed.
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

Bored001 wrote:
That main riff in Winds of Horus. :what: Makes me want thrash around like a crazed ape.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

pooptastik wrote:
fallbacktostone wrote:i'd defend 'black seeds' in a knife fight.
my only beef with Black Seeds are the last 2 closing tracks, totally unnecessary.
To be fair, though, To Dream of Ur is probably the best Death Metal song of the post-90s, so you can't really follow that with... anything.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

ha, that shit sounds like its straight from Melechesh.
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

IFryKids wrote:
Bored001 wrote:
That main riff in Winds of Horus. :what: Makes me want thrash around like a crazed ape.
That album came out during a particularly bad part of my life...really bad. I had a brand new car and I just said "fuck it" and drove all the way across the country...twice, mostly at night, sleeping during the day. I listened to almost nothing but ITDS and Bylsma's first recording of the Bach cello suites...over and over and over. Cool story bro, but I absolutely absorbed that Nile album into my bones...I still love it. ;)

And yeah, "Wind of Horus" is great...esp. the cymbals in the beginning matching that first riff...
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

Speaking of Melechesh, their new album really impressed me...Mendicant clued me into it...I would have completely missed it.
dreweq
git help.

Post by dreweq »

i didn't really catch them until darkened shrines. black seeds made it really difficult to hear what they were doing with that sand storm production. annihilation stands out as the record where they really captured the right production values for their sound. i like the most recent record, too. i'm not really affected by their music in any cerebral way... they're one of the few death metal bands i listen to solely for the jock athleticism of the playing, the drumming more than anything else.
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

Oh, song in question if people don't have the recording handy:

All of this achieved in less that 4 minutes. Like Paulo said, the production on this album is kind of off...but after the first two riffs, at about 0:55, notice how much sheer power they're putting out, it's kind of sickening...
Bored001

Post by Bored001 »

dreweq wrote:they're one of the few death metal bands i listen to solely for the jock athleticism of the playing
I liked what Karl said in recent interviews about his hands hurting so bad sometimes when he wakes up in the morning he can barely play at all. I think he said "the metal gods take a certain kind of sacrifice" or whatever...it was pretty cute.