girl finds a lot of rape in nbc sitcoms

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: girl finds a lot of rape in nbc sitcoms

Post by james »

If cancer was exploited or touched upon in drama nobody would object to it. I don't really get why jokes make people go insane.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i seriously have to leave my apartment now because i can't stand thinking about people who take ANYTHING that seriously, whether incidental jokes in a sitcom or the adult love of nine inch nails

ser fucking biz
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

:tup: :what: :tup:
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

Nearly everyone on this planet gets affected by cancer one way or the other and if you don't find this hilarious, you're fucking dead to me.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:I don't really get why jokes make people go insane.
I think it's a misinterpretation of laughter's function, and an underestimation of its spectrum of meaning... they think it's all derisive when it can be so much more.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

"It's either laugh about it or cry about it, baby, and i hate to be a downer...."
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
p4vl
Cause Of Death

Post by p4vl »

Pisscubes wrote: Sloppily applied theory by people who don't even seem to have an kind of grasp on said theory in the first place is obnoxious. It's even worse than elitism... it's fake, unearned elitism. It's someone who doesn't know what they're talking about but still manage to get high and mighty. Be it some asshole who wants to tell you how "post-modern" pretty much ANYTHING is or the girl who sees rape in Bugs Bunny it's just... why? And why be so fucking preachy about it?
Because she's uncomfortable with the fact that she's completely obsessed with rape. I can't imagine that this woman is capable of enjoying sex in any way, shape or form.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

we had a lot of this tpye of feminism in the 90's. I attribute it to assholes being in their 20's.

Seriously, like what the fuck do these people know?
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i will pre-emptively caveat this post with mention that i find off-colour humour hilarious a lot of the time and personally am untroubled when people are making light of something that is otherwise horrible. this original website is a real D- project from a first-year women's studies course

however like pretty much every other person in this thread i'm a middle class white male who will most likely never be raped and given that i think it's pretty disingenuous to put on this air of "well if i can't joke about rape then i basically can't even say anything without someone being offended !" sure there are people looking to get offended by anything and sure some rape jokes are legitimately funny but for me i guess taking into account time and place and company has a large measure of importance-- the difference between carlin on stage or record talking about rape being funny, and bringing up child molestation out of nowhere on someone else's facebook is that people are seeking carlin out to hear what he has to say, one way or another whereas you're going onto that person's facebook (who you now admit has a history of feminist/activism) and making off-hand comparisons about child molestation. if you had done that to me i wouldn't be upset but i sure as hell wouldn't do it to anyone short of very, very close friends (basically my mom and sister actually, haha) about who i was sure of the thick-skin and wouldn't be surprised if i got called an asshole for it. i guess her "i feel like i've responded in kind to those kind of jokes enough that you'd cease to make them out of respect for me" sort of sums up my point here. you can generally tell the people who are going to be upset by these things (maybe they've even told you), and while you may think it's eye-rolling that they have such thin skin, i don't think it's unreasonable to admit being thin-skinned about something and asking a friend to refrain from being a dick on facebook. i don't mean to say that i disagree with your justifications for the remark but i do think it's disrespectful to do something you probably can assume will be hurtful to someone you care about.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

riley-o wrote:i will pre-emptively caveat this post with mention that i find off-colour humour hilarious a lot of the time and personally am untroubled when people are making light of something that is otherwise horrible. this original website is a real D- project from a first-year women's studies course

however like pretty much every other person in this thread i'm a middle class white male who will most likely never be raped and given that i think it's pretty disingenuous to put on this air of "well if i can't joke about rape then i basically can't even say anything without someone being offended !" sure there are people looking to get offended by anything and sure some rape jokes are legitimately funny but for me i guess taking into account time and place and company has a large measure of importance-- the difference between carlin on stage or record talking about rape being funny, and bringing up child molestation out of nowhere on someone else's facebook is that people are seeking carlin out to hear what he has to say, one way or another whereas you're going onto that person's facebook (who you now admit has a history of feminist/activism) and making off-hand comparisons about child molestation. if you had done that to me i wouldn't be upset but i sure as hell wouldn't do it to anyone short of very, very close friends (basically my mom and sister actually, haha) about who i was sure of the thick-skin and wouldn't be surprised if i got called an asshole for it. i guess her "i feel like i've responded in kind to those kind of jokes enough that you'd cease to make them out of respect for me" sort of sums up my point here. you can generally tell the people who are going to be upset by these things (maybe they've even told you), and while you may think it's eye-rolling that they have such thin skin, i don't think it's unreasonable to admit being thin-skinned about something and asking a friend to refrain from being a dick on facebook. i don't mean to say that i disagree with your justifications for the remark but i do think it's disrespectful to do something you probably can assume will be hurtful to someone you care about.
this is all fine but thats not at all what happened here because, again, it was dead pan and i wasn't making it to elicit a laugh from anyone or prodding anyones zones. that's also what gets so completely lost when people get it wrong. which if you follow through reading what happened with all wild speculating people do about your true nature and intentions and how you obviously don't care about marginalized people yadda yadda yadda. it's not at all treated like an uncouth fart in a social setting or wrong note. it's insanity. and her comment that you're referencing about 'in kind' was not even accurate because i don't make those kinds of comments to her and this was basically a fabricated scenario she created as a response. it's for the benefit of others.

in fact, i stayed ignoring the red line girl until black line made that comment which was, for me, saying some shit about me that had no relation to reality whatsoever.

if these people had any serious bones in their body wouldn't they know how to keep the dialogue about what its about? it's so obscene to me. i don't even get contemptuous because i honestly know better and i'm saying it now because we're all friends here. but seriously. i find it disgusting.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

does she have any speedy gonzales reviews?
kale
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it's also getting away from the point that it's kind of a legitimate fucking observation. the kind of grown-ass man who writes an album like the downward spiral at age 27 may not literally be fondling tiny buttholes but there are obviously some neurons that are firing in the right sequence for that kind of thing

and then there's this
the ruiner's your only friend
well he's the living end to the cattle he deceives
the raping of the innocent you know the ruiner ruins everything he sees
now the only pure thing left in my fucking world is wearing your disease
i mean pretty much the whole album is about defiling innocence

anyway...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Downward Spiral crushes Bill Withers.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

The Real MPD wrote:The Downward Spiral crushes Bill Withers.

give me a fucking break.... :lol:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

well then, let's break out the tea and scones and have a good, long once over on this one.

:wank:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:I can't imagine that you actually think simply using the phrase "child molester" is reason enough for someone to get that high handed with anyone. She basically said don't use the phrase.
you don't have to imagine that because of course i'm not saying that. personally, and it pains me to have to repeat this, people getting heavy-handed over a comment is boring and lazy thinking imho, however i pretty much expect that most people will react that way to uglier topics, particularly on facebook. i don't think it's justified but i do think it's expected.

as for me saying it was disrespectful, the way the comments looked at the start (her comment i quoted) make it look like fbts says something cryptic that no one fully understands (totally out of character for him) when the girl has asked him not to do so in the past. i'll take him at his word that nothing of the sort happened in the past and is therefore not disrespectful, but seriously am i the only one who thinks throwing child molestation comments at things that aren't child molestation is pulling the pin on a social hand-grenade ? whether or not it was said as a joke is sort of irrelevant ?
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

The Real MPD wrote:well then, let's break out the tea and scones and have a good, long once over on this one.

:wank:

Well for one I've never heard of Bill Withers...so I'd say ol' Bill takes it rather convincingly...

The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

tidy cunt.

:drooly:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Found this thread while searching for something else.

What a precious, tragic little time capsule...
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

riley-o wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm make it look like fbts says something cryptic that no one fully understands (totally out of character for him)
:lol:

you were right and i was slightly less right
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:rhug:

It’s super weird to read this thread and see evidence that I cared enough to say all that at some point in my life
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

me saying both "feminazi" & "cunt" in earnest about a person 🤔
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Necrometer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 am me saying both "feminazi" & "cunt" in earnest about a person 🤔
You've said way WAY worse here but unfortunately those threads are long gone 🤔
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

don't be a hypocrite, my dainty lil' potty mouth
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Necrometer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 pm don't be a hypocrite, my dainty lil' potty mouth
Except I don't engage in performative virtue signalling the way you started to circa....let's see here...2012? 2013? So I don't present my character any way it isn't. I wonder what it was about the last 5 or 6 years specifically that caused some kind of social justice exegesis for white yuppies everywhere. You tow the party line now pretty good but deep down you're still the same frat douche you always were. A "late blooming political hack", I believe it was.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.