Standing desk?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Re: Standing desk?

Post by MeatGrease »

TheDOAD wrote:ALSO EVERY TIME YOU TYPED THE FUCKING MOUSE WOULD FALL INTO YOUR FUCKING FACE
Nah man theres a little ridge that keeps it from sliding

Come on dude you think those guys wouldn't have thought of that?

Come on
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

MeatGrease wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:ALSO EVERY TIME YOU TYPED THE FUCKING MOUSE WOULD FALL INTO YOUR FUCKING FACE
Nah man theres a little ridge that keeps it from sliding

Come on dude you think those guys wouldn't have thought of that?

Come on
He drinks Fadorade at his desk. Cut him some slack!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Ok
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
hana maru
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by hana maru »

anyone know someone who has a standing desk with a treadmill they slowly walk on while working instead of standing? would love to try one of those.
i can't see your signature.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

hana maru wrote:anyone know someone who has a standing desk with a treadmill they slowly walk on while working instead of standing? would love to try one of those.
I think that's how Mike Tyson's kid died.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

altars of radness wrote:
hana maru wrote:anyone know someone who has a standing desk with a treadmill they slowly walk on while working instead of standing? would love to try one of those.
holy fucking LOL

I have no idea if you're making that up or if it's 100% true but I love it either way

I mean of course I want a kid to have died...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

I don't imagine you needing that much exercise hana
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Necrometer wrote:
altars of radness wrote:
holy fucking LOL

I have no idea if you're making that up or if it's 100% true but I love it either way

I mean of course I want a kid to have died...
http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 29,00.html

I won't tell you the kid's name, but it's so perfect that I will warn you not to be eating anything you could possibly choke on when you click on that link.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
hana maru
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by hana maru »

it's not about exercise, the speed is really slow anyway. it's about keeping moving but not wearing yourself out to do so. and it keeps the body from suffering the ill effects of sitting all day (like the link geeheeb posted and recent studies). sitting doesn't bother me at all (until i get restless) but i know it's not good for me. don't get much of a chance to move about at the new (uber corporate) job, except to go to the bathroom (they micromanage time and if you're not actively working while logged in and logged in except during breaks...well, they're not shy about firing people).
i can't see your signature.
Fighting Uruk-Hai
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Fighting Uruk-Hai »

That sounds like the worst job in the world. And this is coming from someone who fixes cars for a living.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

When I worked at a small print company, I had to fill out a time log that accounted for every minute of my day. Bathroom breaks and switching time (between trouble tickets) were left blank...but if they were more than a few minutes they would ask what was going on.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

riley-o wrote:
danox3 wrote:
ratanda wrote:When I worked on software for the blind another group was researching a "supine workstation"

http://www.workrerc.gatech.edu/Projects ... tation.php

i need THIS!
i sort of want it but i guarantee i would be caught sleeping nine days out of ten
That's exactly why I want it.

Some modifications, and this would solve the coffee issue.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

Fighting Uruk-Hai wrote:I have one of those jobs where you don't have a desk and you stand all day anyway. I guess I'm happy to not be chained to a desk, but don't try and tell me it's good for me.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

Geeheeb wrote:When I worked at a small print company, I had to fill out a time log that accounted for every minute of my day. Bathroom breaks and switching time (between trouble tickets) were left blank...but if they were more than a few minutes they would ask what was going on.
Neal Stephenson wrote:Y.T.'s mom pulls up the new memo, checks the time, and starts reading it. The estimated reading time is 15.62 minutes. Later, when Marietta does her end-of-day statistical roundup, sitting in her private office at 9:00 P.M., she will see the name of each employee and next to it, the amount of time spent reading this memo, and her reaction, based on the time spent, will go something like this:

* Less than 10 min.: Time for an employee conference and possible attitude counseling.
* 10-14 min.: Keep an eye on this employee; may be developing slipshod attitude.
* 14-15.61 min.: Employee is an efficient worker, may sometimes miss important details.
* Exactly 15.62 min.: Smartass. Needs attitude counseling.
* 15.63-16 min.: Asswipe. Not to be trusted.
* 16-18 min.: Employee is a methodical worker, may sometimes get hung up on minor details.
* More than 18 min.: Check the security videotape, see just what this employee was up to (e.g., possible unauthorized restroom break).

Y.T.'s mom decides to spend between fourteen and fifteen minutes reading the memo. It's better for younger workers to spend too long, to show that they're careful, not cocky. It's better for older workers to go a little fast, to show good management potential. She's pushing forty. She scans through the memo, hitting the Page Down button at reasonably regular intervals, occasionally paging back up to pretend to reread some earlier section. The computer is going to notice all this. It approves of rereading. It's a small thing, but over a decade or so this stuff really shows up on your work-habits summary.
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

We can get standing desks at my work, but only if you have a note from a doctor saying you need one. They do "ergonomic assessments" for everyone here, so at least our desks are set up for us. And they even have one of those treadmill workstations available to use on our floor. Still, i've definitely noticed the difference between when i worked in the mailroom (on my feet all the time) and my current desk/phone job.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.