The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by spacehamster »

ungodlywarlock wrote: I haven't tried the hydra in 20 levels or so. Last time I attempted, he blasted me with a tidal wave about a half mile away.
Basically the trick is to avoid the water blasts until you're close enough for it to stop spitting them. They're pretty slow, so you can dodge them. Once you're closer, it'll stop with the water blasts and the heads will attack you - at 21 endurance with a completely non-upgraded hollow soldier shield, I was able to block most of those attacks, get a few lashes in and had enough time for my stamina to recharge until the next one. Easy as pie. Just don't get too close or you'll drown.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fallbacktostone wrote:oh also

i mistakenly killed the guy with the egg sack on his back that blocks your way to the chaos covenant chick? is he an important npc?

:drool:
if for some reason you didn't get a pyromancy flame earlier, you can grab one from him. he also sells some fire spells. but in the grand scheme of things he's not that big of a deal
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

ok also

the firelink pyromancy dude dipped on me and now the only pyromancy person that can upgrade me is the blighttown bitch i guess he was looking for. i guess i'd gotten almost everything i wanted from him but am i going to see his ass again? can i get those spells somewhere else? i think stoneskin and something else. whatver the non-fireball related ones were.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Does anybody have any idea why I heard someone snoring once when I walked into the area of the Firelink Shrine that's full of water? Just once, too, it never came back.

I hate this game.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wait, no, I don't.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

have you already rang both bells ? if you have go from firelink bonfire toward where the huge raven is
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

There's nothing on the Wiki or its forums about this that I can find. Weird.

I did just find out that I'm going to go and kill Lautrec for his ring first thing tomorrow, though. Fuck that guy.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:Does anybody have any idea why I heard someone snoring once when I walked into the area of the Firelink Shrine that's full of water? Just once, too, it never came back.

I hate this game.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wait, no, I don't.
you'll find out who is snoring after you ring the second bell
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

dude

that shit was so amazing and funny and wtf
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
dat face
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i almost peed a little when i rounded that corner
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i was actually trying to go in the doorway to the short cut and aimed for the door to the catacombs first and turned to go to the other door went WOAH WOAH WOAH. and made my guy walk back slowly for effect
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

:awesome:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ha ha - Yeah I rang the second bell last night and encountered why the snoring can be heard in the watery bit of Firelink.

I am glad I only have to grind another 40K to get my Pyro up to the +5 from Swamp beyatch.

Now I have unlocked the big gate, have the the mission to go and get the teleporty thing and have about half a dozen goat demon dudes standing around on the cooled magma where the Ceaseless Discharge was - I am unsure which path to take next...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i walked around demon ruins, slowly, for like 2 minutes tops and had a pretty distinct feeling i wasn't supposed to be there yet.

game rules.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Oh...pardon me Pardoner of Valka....this is kind of awkward....so what you're saying is that you don't have an unlimited supply of Rings of Sacrifice for sale? Yes, i guess I did kind of take that for granted....
:|
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

or those de-curse stones. i almost smashed that asshole when i found that out
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Dear game interface: I wish we could come to some sort of gentlemen's agreement regarding the superfluous confirmation to activate a homeward bone...
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'm playing my NG+ instead of arkham city :|
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riley-o wrote:i'm playing my NG+ instead of arkham city :|
:fonz:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

NANOplague wrote:I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
Once you grin out 20k and get the forest grind down, you can earn 3-7 k a run per minute mate.

It's a resolve testing operation that scales with you.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

"yes honey...you have watched all of your downloaded TV shows...time for my game..."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:
NANOplague wrote:I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
Once you grin out 20k and get the forest grind down, you can earn 3-7 k a run per minute mate.

It's a resolve testing operation that scales with you.
Also, everytime you kill a boss in co-op, you gain one humanity. Of course this is a bit problematic at the moment because summoning only works when it wants to, but generally, people do seem to check if there's a summon sign right outside boss areas and killing them is pretty easy if you have help.

And yeah, getting slaughtered just when you think you've really accomplished something is part of what you signed up for, I'm afraid. At least the Armored Tusk doesn't respawn. If this is the first one in the Undead Parish that we're talking about here, I thought that room was pretty difficult too, but it's all about strategy, really.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'm in the cat covenant right now trying to get the five kills for shiva and i keep invading the same dude and he keeps fucking slaughtering me

he must be so annoyed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

holy fuck invasions are tough :|
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:i'm playing my NG+ instead of arkham city :|
Out of curiosity, why do you apparently like this game so much more than Demon's Souls?