The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

not sure if want :?

i mean don't get me wrong they're some of my favorite games of all time but 4 wrapped it all up pretty well
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

The Bill wrote:Saints Row the Third arrived today. Of all the thousands of games I have to play for some reason this one just got shot up to NUMBER ONE. I'm still giving Bats and Skyyrim time to patch their asses. So, I think I'll do a Blood 2/Saints Row 3 mix tonight and so forth.
yeah, I think I'm gonna go get this on Monday and jump it to the top of the cue too... it's exactly the kind of game I wanna play next, just the right blend of big and engrossing yet fun and not too dauntingly involved
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Brut
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by Brut »

Been playing Saint's Row: The Third since release and I'm about 61% of the way through it.

The game is fun as fuck, but there are some beefs with it mostly centered around horrid ally AI. Music soundtrack selection is kinda meh too. I'll die a happy man if I never have to hear Sublime again as long as I live. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it, nevertheless.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

milkmandan wrote:Image

Game rules so far
just played 1-1

:fonz:
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Brut wrote:Been playing Saint's Row: The Third since release and I'm about 61% of the way through it.

The game is fun as fuck, but there are some beefs with it mostly centered around horrid ally AI. Music soundtrack selection is kinda meh too. I'll die a happy man if I never have to hear Sublime again as long as I live. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it, nevertheless.
You gotta agree, its fun to run up on someone's and see your dude use them as a surf board or one of the many other running attacks. Shit...just wait until you get, "Fart in a jar" one of the funnier weapons besides the penetrater. Saints Row is more absurd than I thought, its a blast besides one of the trail blazer activities, and when you get swamped by enemies. Once you have enough money and rank getting swamped shouldn't be a problem.
PSN- BroMan43
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Saint's Row the 3rd is EXCELLENT FUN. I can't say it's the best sand box game ever, but most likely the most fun and entertaining. And for all the wackiness you can do, I actually play it pretty straight, avoiding dildos and that cat vacuum car and such. I'm also obsessed with buying every piece of land I can buy, something Fable II failed to get me into. The graphics are also shockingly better than I expected, nothing great compared to other top graphic powerhouses, but not as bland as one may fear. Lastly, I got to run around punching and kicking scantily clad women right in the cunt, which is good after all
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I've clocked almost 2 hours now on Saint's Row 3 and other than the first two missions, which take place before you reach the city the game is based in, I have yet to do a single thing in terms of story progression. Just having a ton of fun driving around, stopping occasionally to beat people to death. I decided to drive all around the map and find out what the stores marked as '?' all are as a way of sort-of-exploring the city; on my way, I've broken up a small handful of gang operations and found a couple of stunt jumps too. I'm a little underwhelmed, 'cause I really did love 2 and I don't think this one's going to live up to that overall, but it's a ton of fun for now.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Brut wrote:Music soundtrack selection is kinda meh too. Sublime.
Oh man, that's fucking awful. I was thinking about picking that up on the cheap sometime next year but fuck that if Sublime is anywhere in that game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

It's one song on one radio station. Just don't pick said station... or don't use the radio at all, and listen to your own choice of music. Stupid thing to bitch about.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: I don't know. Sublime is that awful.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Played Mass Effect: Arrival with the last of my four Shep-Sheps yesterday, realized I was still going to do leave-Zaeed-to-die with one of my others, did that today. My four savegames are now ready for ME3 to shit all over the literally hundreds of hours I've invested into the Mass Effect universe.

It would be really funny if the savegames were somehow not compatible because I have the Singaporean version of ME2, too. Why do I have this version? Because BiowEAre refused to make a version with the original sound files for the German-speaking market.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

final boss/ending of uncharted 3 sucked. bleh.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:final boss/ending of uncharted 3 sucked. bleh.
Haven't played it yet, but that's hardly surprising...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

also the gunfights were so tedious towards the end, and the exploration pretty much disappeared. i can't give this more than 6.5/10 if i'm being honest with myself. i guess the naysayers were mostly right :?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:also the gunfights were so tedious towards the end, and the exploration pretty much disappeared. i can't give this more than 6.5/10 if i'm being honest with myself. i guess the naysayers were mostly right :?
I felt like I was missing out when I didn't buy it but now... meh. I don't know. I feel like it's only a maybe at best.
Nah, it's a better game than 6.5 for sure. Although, I did want to rush through the last level, and the "Boss" was barley a boss and the ending was a bit bland, mostly because they at no point tell you why or what the "issue" that seems to be resolved in the cut scene ever was.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Uncharted 3 didn't have a final boss battle.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I was going to play a bit of Arkham City and take a break from Skyrim but lo and behold I can't dl the game from Steam at all. But, it sounds like all the PC specific features (DX11 and others) that were officially the cause of the 6 week delay are totally fucked and in dire need of a patch. Fuck Warner Bros. and Rocksteady forever. I'm so glad I didn't spend a single dime on this game.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I've now spent what must be about an hour driving around in SR3 looking for a limo to draw out my mark for an assassination contract... and I still don't fucking have one. I've only seen one limo the whole time I've been driving around, and I passed on that one because I was driving a rare sports car that I've only found once in 16 hours of gameplay to my crib for storage. I see limos all the freakin' time when I'm doing other shit, where are they all hiding now I want one?
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

...and then, literally less than a minute after I posted that, I found one :awesome:

man, I am loving this game... sunk almost 17 hours into it this week, and I still haven't finished Act 1 because I've done so much side mission stuff... and so much driving around starting mini wars and generally being an asshole :moreawesome:
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:Nah, it's a better game than 6.5 for sure.
i would have given the first 3/4 of the game a solid 8 for sure. but god the last part of the game, both in the level design and the plot's attempt (and failure) to resolve and come to a decent conclusion, just absolutely sucked on every level (aside from the caravan part).

was no one else fucking annoyed by the constant suppression fire in the last few chapters? on hard anyway, it was nonstop snipers and RPGs and sometimes it was just trial and error to figure out where to crouch so you didn't die right away.

the ship part of the game is an example of when the uncharted games combine the environment and combat well. those last chapters were just crouching behind crates or whatever and it was annoying, made even worse by the complete lack of payoff at the end of the game.

THAT SAID... if you really liked uncharted 2 it's probably worth renting this for the 3-4 hours of great parts that are as good as anything in U2.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

as good as the train levels ??? :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

not as good but certainly fucking worth it, The highs are fantastic but it's really sour to finish