The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Spooky Apparition »

so i was in the catacombs and just got this message (and i have joined the gravelord covenant or whatever it's called): "Disasters are gone after the defeat of the Gravelord Servant." anyone have an idea what this means? as far i know i haven't beaten anything called the "gravelord servant" ? no one other sites seems to know what the hell they're talking about
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:so i was in the catacombs and just got this message (and i have joined the gravelord covenant or whatever it's called): "Disasters are gone after the defeat of the Gravelord Servant." anyone have an idea what this means? as far i know i haven't beaten anything called the "gravelord servant" ? no one other sites seems to know what the hell they're talking about
IIRC there's something or other that makes it so you can't be invaded by people in the Gravelord covenant anymore.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I really wish I had learned about weapon ascention before going to anor londo: I'm going to have a stroke if I die one more time by these two. Maybe a +5 flaming iaito will do the trick this time around...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ghost Dad wrote:these two
Who, the archers?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

whoopsie! No, smough and ornstein. My pyromancy is pretty weak, so that approach is out the window.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I've never beaten those two without help, and I don't mind admitting this. Apparently the trick is to kill Ornstein first.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

spacehamster wrote:I've never beaten those two without help

you have no idea what you are missing

also I may have to start playing this again, I keep looking over at it longingly while I play Skyrim while nothing ever happens
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

spacehamster wrote:I've never beaten those two without help, and I don't mind admitting this. Apparently the trick is to kill Ornstein first.
Easier said than done. The enemy lock-on function is fucking me up, because ornstein moves around so much, and smough is so big that he obscures my view. I'm going to kill smough first though, as you get the added bonus of being able to acquire ornstein's gear.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

have fun with that as ornstein goes super saiyan on you
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:have fun with that as ornstein goes super saiyan on you
That, plus Ornstein's armor is pretty much useless. Can't be upgraded, its only real advantage is the relatively high curse resistance, and Lautrec's armor has it beat in that department. It just looks really cool, and that's about it.

I'm trying to get Seath's tail atm, and it's driving me nuts. The trick where you get him to attack the gizmo that replenishes his health really doesn't work all that well seeing as how the side tails block the way to his rear. By the time I'm back there, he's always swinging it around again. Aghaghagh.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

copstache wrote:have fun with that as ornstein goes super saiyan on you
At least I'll have a bigger target to hit. I have a fast character, and even with dashing across the hall, I only get about 5 seconds alone with ornstein before slough comes charging in with an unblockable swing.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

JUST GIVE ME

FIVE SECONDS ALOOOOOOO
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Looks like I gotta GRIND for a bit to get the ol' weapons up to snuff before I can kill em. Guess I'll go beat up Lautrec.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Dude, pyromancy. Dude.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Finally killed smough, Half of mega ornstein's health. Who'da thought the crossbow would be useful?

Does anyone know if you can get out of anor londo and back to the firelink shrine without having to go though the bosses first?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

....knowing that would have saved me a lot of grief...thanks.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

figured there'd be a bit of update talk in here
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Pisscubes wrote:I just watched a japanese kid beat this game in about a half hour.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're are sissies.
Testers doing speed runs can get fucked.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i think life would need to put out a grow a set of testicles patch first
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'd rather be a premature ejaculator than too scared to have sex at all
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

that's a whole lot of shit-talk from the stands, nancy.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i've made no secret of my lack of love for demon's souls. i think it's pretty good, but not amazing. i'm not sure what exactly is so different about them but dark souls just clicked with me so much more.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I loved and finished both and feel like my inner electronic manhood proven, if I was a two pump chump or not, it worked.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I won't really be happy until I have the goddamn Dark Souls platinum too.

That reminds me, does anyone know if jakebonz is still platinuming every version of DkS? He's been curiously absent from this thread.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

seems like when he's online lately he's playing MW3 ? :?

i dunno. i plan to platinum this but i really needed a break from it for a while first. who knows if this is going to be one of those impossible to plat due to online requirements games in a few months though