The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by riley-o »

it's the biggest flaw in these games that you can't play online with friends. i've heard some wishy-washy defences of it but nothing at all worth even considering
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

what if have no friends riles?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

ok so say i kill ornstein first but i put a hurting on fuckface before he transforms so that i'm ready when the big poof up happens. does the damage carry over or is it one of those things where the health bar takes up the whole screen and fills up again?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you can still have random match-ups for fuck-ups who can't even make online friends :rhug: :lhug:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

fallbacktostone wrote:ok so say i kill ornstein first but i put a hurting on fuckface before he transforms so that i'm ready when the big poof up happens. does the damage carry over or is it one of those things where the health bar takes up the whole screen and fills up again?
hahaha c'mon man this is dark souls 2012. look inside your heart for the real answer.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i know i'm just being a big girls blouse right now

:warrior:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:it's the biggest flaw in these games that you can't play online with friends. i've heard some wishy-washy defences of it but nothing at all worth even considering
Shut you mouf, new guy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i was even getting pretty handled by those white robe assassin dudes before the painted world :fp:
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

fallbacktostone wrote:i was even getting pretty handled by those white robe assassin dudes before the painted world :fp:
:fp:
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

alright alright i mean i wasn't dying or anything. i was just using estus too much :oops:
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Got distracted by the scenery, eh?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It pissed me off whenever I let one of those crackerjacks ding me after I read them.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

HAHAHAHAHA ELECTRIFIED JUICEHEAD SMOUGH HAS A ONE HIT KILL

COOL

NO THATS COOL
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Want to start this game back up so bad. Must..wait...until..August.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

riley-o wrote:it's the biggest flaw in these games that you can't play online with friends. i've heard some wishy-washy defences of it but nothing at all worth even considering
i agree, it blows. demon's souls worked perfectly, but i assume that's because it used dedicated servers instead of P2P. after the last dark souls patch it's easier to find specific people, but still dependent on luck. you might have to put your soul sign down, quit to main menu, repeat, several times before you show up in a specific person's world. i'd try to help anybody out with anything though (SL120, so the other person would need to be like 108 to 132, i think).

it also leads to massive inconsistency as far as people summoning you/you summoning people except in a few situations. it sounds like the PC version will fix some of that though
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i just want to be able to play this through the whole game 2-4 player with my friends. this bullshit coward excuse of "but it ruins the ambiance of the game and how alone you are !!" :wank: :wank: :wank: is just so thoroughly logically bankrupt. first of all, if that were the case then why can i summon people to help. i am now no longer alone. second, if it ruins it for you, then don't use it. play it by yourself. problem fucking solved.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Riley, I know this is going to make me sound like the mother of all douchebags, but I kind of feel like the fact that you don't agree with this is tied to the fact that you didn't like Demon's Souls. As I've said before, I've always thought that game's biggest strength was its 100% cohesive game world, down to all the game's mechanics forcing you to interact with it on its own terms and in a way that makes sense within the context of its lore. Death was real, you couldn't turn back the clock on anything, etc. And the way summoning works is a part of that. Dark Souls doesn't do any of this nearly as good as Demon's Souls, so it kind of seems like changing the summoning system wouldn't be as big of a deal because there are other logical problems anyway.

So, in conclusion, shut you mouf, new guy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:So, in conclusion, shut you mouf, new guy.
:wank: :wank: :wank:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

dude i beat them!!

i was all

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying :invcross:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:lhug: :pizza: :rhug:
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

fallbacktostone wrote:wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying
why the country is fucked in a nutshell
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

fallbacktostone wrote:wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying :invcross:
Hahaha. The Souls experience. :tup:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

badgevvrecker wrote:

this is easily ten times more satisfying
why the country is fucked in a nutshell
:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
(was going to scroll but apparently the maximum number of smilies allowed is 10? :wank:)

shitting on fbts in his moment of triumph is really unacceptable man. that's low even for you
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Apparently that's dummfuc's new thing now. He's discovered that videogames are an unproductive pastime, and now he's prancing around the gaming threads basically telling everyone that he wishes they were as ambitious as him. I mean, really, you too could have 1000 dollarbux saved up by the end of 2012 if you could just, y'know, stay away from them thar viddyagames. He also told me I should've spent the time I put into playing the ME series practicing drums. To accomplish what, I wonder.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

so what is everyone going by as far as hardware goes

I rocked the Gravelord mothermother for a long time and haven't found anything I quite like as much. My current run through was fucked up by some asshole during online play so I started another with the goal to pick up every weapon in the game