The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by The Schwartz »

if you can get about 10 minutes in you get a skull lantern that can help you out

or you can do Izalith first and there is a helmet that gives off a light

I didn't need no scrubby spell

lantern 4 lyfe
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

That first section without the lantern nearly drove me to complete mental collapse.

Get all the lights.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

it's not that bad slinkster
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The three worst sections of DS for me:

1) Bed of Chaos
2) Tomb of Giants pre patches
3) Crystal Cave

Bonus nods to the knights in londo ruins and fighting anor londo bosses without magic. Was going to try to craft a bunch of new weapons last night (had three unused pieces of ember) but after bed of chaos I needed to just clear gwyn and get done with it. I'll dick around in ng+ until battlefield I figure.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I think this is the first time I have ever played a game where I was smashed into the ground by a giant dungball by an ogre. What a cocksucker.
Also, the maggots before Quelagg officially cement this game as the scariest ever for me.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fucking New Londo Ruins like arrrgh.

At least I got the Firekeeper Soul, which felt doubly righteous given that I consumed the first one like an idiot, only to get slaughtered by the Capra Demon until I had lost the Humanity I got from that. But now I'm just falling off ledges left and right, flailing my sword at ghosts that are disappearing into the walls.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

spacehamster wrote:Fucking New Londo Ruins like arrrgh.

At least I got the Firekeeper Soul, which felt doubly righteous given that I consumed the first one like an idiot, only to get slaughtered by the Capra Demon until I had lost the Humanity I got from that. But now I'm just falling off ledges left and right, flailing my sword at ghosts that are disappearing into the walls.
Those ghosts are pricks, man.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ungodlywarlock wrote:
Yeah... I gave up and killed the Hydra instead. The wiki says something about a safe spot that you can use to just chip away at it with arrows, but I couldn't find it, so I figured it was probably best to just run up to it and chop all its heads off. That worked just fine and dandy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:
Question: does this flame go to +15 too? Just trying to roughly calculate the souls I'll need to max her bonus out...
Flame goes to +15 then it can be ascended and leveled to +5.
pyromancy goes to +15? how high does pyromancy go?
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

spacehamster wrote:
ungodlywarlock wrote:
Yeah... I gave up and killed the Hydra instead. The wiki says something about a safe spot that you can use to just chip away at it with arrows, but I couldn't find it, so I figured it was probably best to just run up to it and chop all its heads off. That worked just fine and dandy.
I haven't tried the hydra in 20 levels or so. Last time I attempted, he blasted me with a tidal wave about a half mile away.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

oh also

i mistakenly killed the guy with the egg sack on his back that blocks your way to the chaos covenant chick? is he an important npc?

:drool:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i killed that guy too. as far as i know he's not important at all. he might not even have any items, not sure.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

is the hydra in ash lake harder than the one(s) in the rest of the game? because i was absolutely destroyed 6-7 times and did basically no damage to it. first enemy aside from capra demon and havel that has killed me more than once or twice :( i've got to be doing something wrong (walking up to it and trying to stab it in the face)
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ungodlywarlock wrote: I haven't tried the hydra in 20 levels or so. Last time I attempted, he blasted me with a tidal wave about a half mile away.
Basically the trick is to avoid the water blasts until you're close enough for it to stop spitting them. They're pretty slow, so you can dodge them. Once you're closer, it'll stop with the water blasts and the heads will attack you - at 21 endurance with a completely non-upgraded hollow soldier shield, I was able to block most of those attacks, get a few lashes in and had enough time for my stamina to recharge until the next one. Easy as pie. Just don't get too close or you'll drown.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fallbacktostone wrote:oh also

i mistakenly killed the guy with the egg sack on his back that blocks your way to the chaos covenant chick? is he an important npc?

:drool:
if for some reason you didn't get a pyromancy flame earlier, you can grab one from him. he also sells some fire spells. but in the grand scheme of things he's not that big of a deal
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

ok also

the firelink pyromancy dude dipped on me and now the only pyromancy person that can upgrade me is the blighttown bitch i guess he was looking for. i guess i'd gotten almost everything i wanted from him but am i going to see his ass again? can i get those spells somewhere else? i think stoneskin and something else. whatver the non-fireball related ones were.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Does anybody have any idea why I heard someone snoring once when I walked into the area of the Firelink Shrine that's full of water? Just once, too, it never came back.

I hate this game.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wait, no, I don't.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

have you already rang both bells ? if you have go from firelink bonfire toward where the huge raven is
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

There's nothing on the Wiki or its forums about this that I can find. Weird.

I did just find out that I'm going to go and kill Lautrec for his ring first thing tomorrow, though. Fuck that guy.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:Does anybody have any idea why I heard someone snoring once when I walked into the area of the Firelink Shrine that's full of water? Just once, too, it never came back.

I hate this game.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wait, no, I don't.
you'll find out who is snoring after you ring the second bell
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

dude

that shit was so amazing and funny and wtf
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
dat face
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i almost peed a little when i rounded that corner
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i was actually trying to go in the doorway to the short cut and aimed for the door to the catacombs first and turned to go to the other door went WOAH WOAH WOAH. and made my guy walk back slowly for effect
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

:awesome:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ha ha - Yeah I rang the second bell last night and encountered why the snoring can be heard in the watery bit of Firelink.

I am glad I only have to grind another 40K to get my Pyro up to the +5 from Swamp beyatch.

Now I have unlocked the big gate, have the the mission to go and get the teleporty thing and have about half a dozen goat demon dudes standing around on the cooled magma where the Ceaseless Discharge was - I am unsure which path to take next...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath