The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by fallbacktostone »

i walked around demon ruins, slowly, for like 2 minutes tops and had a pretty distinct feeling i wasn't supposed to be there yet.

game rules.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Oh...pardon me Pardoner of Valka....this is kind of awkward....so what you're saying is that you don't have an unlimited supply of Rings of Sacrifice for sale? Yes, i guess I did kind of take that for granted....
:|
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

or those de-curse stones. i almost smashed that asshole when i found that out
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Dear game interface: I wish we could come to some sort of gentlemen's agreement regarding the superfluous confirmation to activate a homeward bone...
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'm playing my NG+ instead of arkham city :|
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riley-o wrote:i'm playing my NG+ instead of arkham city :|
:fonz:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

NANOplague wrote:I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
Once you grin out 20k and get the forest grind down, you can earn 3-7 k a run per minute mate.

It's a resolve testing operation that scales with you.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

"yes honey...you have watched all of your downloaded TV shows...time for my game..."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:
NANOplague wrote:I hate the fuck out of this game. Twice now I've earned a humanity and lost it before I could get another one to kindle a goddamned campfire!! I was stoked on killing the stupid boar and somehow got taken out by arrows and two undead knights in like .5 seconds and lost 4k souls and a humanity.
Once you grin out 20k and get the forest grind down, you can earn 3-7 k a run per minute mate.

It's a resolve testing operation that scales with you.
Also, everytime you kill a boss in co-op, you gain one humanity. Of course this is a bit problematic at the moment because summoning only works when it wants to, but generally, people do seem to check if there's a summon sign right outside boss areas and killing them is pretty easy if you have help.

And yeah, getting slaughtered just when you think you've really accomplished something is part of what you signed up for, I'm afraid. At least the Armored Tusk doesn't respawn. If this is the first one in the Undead Parish that we're talking about here, I thought that room was pretty difficult too, but it's all about strategy, really.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i'm in the cat covenant right now trying to get the five kills for shiva and i keep invading the same dude and he keeps fucking slaughtering me

he must be so annoyed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

holy fuck invasions are tough :|
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Out of curiosity, why do you apparently like this game so much more than Demon's Souls?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i fucking slaughtered two dudes who invaded me while i was in blighttown without even getting touched once. i think i ended up with 10 humanity or something

shit ruled
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I had a fella invade me the other night that I couldn't even damage. Hit him with a fire spell and a couple whacks of my gravelord sword, his health bar never wavered. Had another backstab me for about 1000 health.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I haven't had any invasions yet, but out of the roughly 25 hours I've played so far I've spent maybe one in human form. I haven't quite made up my mind as to how I feel about this, but there seems to be even less incentive to be alive than there was in Demon's Souls.

In other news, killing Yurt, I mean Lautrec, was easy as pie and his ring rules. Highly recommended for melee guys. I'll do the whole Murderer thing in NG+, right now I'd really rather not have to worry about being able to upgrade my Estus flasks anyway.

Also, I really, really love that armor is upgradeable now.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

why can i never use my cracked red orb thing even when i'm in human form? i want to invade some fools
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:why can i never use my cracked red orb thing even when i'm in human form? i want to invade some fools
I think there are big problems with the matchmaking at the moment. They tried to make it so you'd only be matched up with people you're close to because Demon's Souls had the most ridiculous lag sometimes, and it's resulting in people not being able to co-op or invade at all. Apparently there's a patch coming.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

hmm.... it seems like it's gotten worse, at least for me. about a week after release i could find people to summon/be summoned without any problems, not so much anymore. i guess it could be bad luck and i'm just not in the same area as people with a similar soul level, but that's the downside to having multiple servers now. if all the online stuff was working as well as in demon's souls (and summoning a specific person was easier) i'd give this game a 10.5/10.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:
Out of curiosity, why do you apparently like this game so much more than Demon's Souls?
you know i've been wondering that myself ? i think my time with demon's souls was fucked from the start because i was expecting it to be something it wasn't. i bought the game to play online co-op expecting more of a dungeon crawler diablo type game that i could play with friends. then when i played the first level basically 450 times because i refused to allow for the fact that the game is in some respects more like ninja gaiden than diablo and i think i was just soured from there on. also nothing about demon's souls' environments really really grabbed me the way dark souls has with its scenery and views. plus the mechanics of the melee in this one seem smoother and more natural.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Killed Quelaag and the Iron Golem last night. Quelaag was an easy one-shot, but I was sort of shocked how much trouble I was having with that fucking golem. He was easy, but I was having a really hard ass time paying attention to my walking space and I kept getting knocked off the edge or (full disclosure) kept falling off myself.

ARGH!

But all worth it, because Anor Londo is amazing looking.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:also nothing about demon's souls' environments really really grabbed me the way dark souls has with its scenery and views. plus the mechanics of the melee in this one seem smoother and more natural.
Really? I'm honestly not noticing anything about the melee being significantly different, and I basically finished a Demon's Souls playthrough the day before I started this one. The added moves are nice, though, and they blend in with the rest of the combat seamlessly. The only thing that bothers me is how so many of the enemies have this silly looking dodge jump where they basically float away. I have to agree that the environments are superior in this one, though, and I figured that was probably why you liked it better. The atmosphere in Demon's Souls worked for me, but this one's definitely more refined, more varied, and while I thought the "open world" structure would ruin the game, well, I've already raved about how well put together the world is. I tend to zone out when people talk about "exploration", but in this case, it really works. Probably because you're scared shitless before every corner.

Anyway, current situation is this: I can go to New Londo and get slaughtered in the same room for the tenth time, I can go to Darkroot Garden and get eaten by these giant rat-cat-things, or I can go to the Valley of Def... I mean Blighttown and fall off the big wheel. That's only happened once, though, so I'll probably do that a couple more times. Grah.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riley-o wrote: the game is in some respects more like ninja gaiden than diablo
this is what i said! :fonz:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Magick Sam wrote:anyone else using this ring that changes your rolling animation?

it seemed like a waste of a ring slot when I first got it, but this shit is amazing. I'm wearing that and havels ring all the time now unless I really NEED an attunement slot for a spot. even completely unburdened without the ring there's slight recuperation time after performing a roll, but this thing lands you right on your feet. HEAVY ARMOR DOESN'T AFFECT IT. the lateral cartwheel thing is GREAT, too
which ring are you talking about? i think it might be havels rings thats making you feel lighter.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

dark souls is already starting to ruin other games for me. arkham city is cool, but after about an hour of playing i glance longingly at my dark souls case and to wonder if maybe i shouldn't just play that instead.. maybe level up a few times, get that weapon maxed out,maybe help some chumps beat some bosses...

hopefully skyrim isn't the next casualty :|