riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by riley-o »

no there's a ring that makes your roll turn into a front handspring
fallbacktostone wrote:
riley-o wrote: the game is in some respects more like ninja gaiden than diablo
this is what i said! :fonz:
i've frequently had a floating head of the kacho beside me mumble, "how dare they." defeatedly
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:dark souls is already starting to ruin other games for me. arkham city is cool, but after about an hour of playing i glance longingly at my dark souls case and to wonder if maybe i shouldn't just play that instead.. maybe level up a few times, get that weapon maxed out,maybe help some chumps beat some bosses...
Platinum it. That's the only way I could cure my Demon's Souls addiction.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Blighttown and fall off the big wheel.
There are two ways into Blighttown. You can go via the Valley of the drakes or via The Depths. Neither of which requires you to ride on that giant wheel...there are definitely other ways around, but the ladders are really hard to see sometimes. (I do know that to the left of that giant wheel there is a soul or something that you can jump over to. Once you successfully do that, you should be able to find you way down from there).
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i bet those assholes in blighttown were probably normal dudes at first but then the shitty haphazard architectural style just frustrated them and melted their brains and turned them into poisonous migraine fuckfaces
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i fought him in NG+ last night and understood how he could be difficult if you don't have good endurance

even then though you just need to get his range and timing
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ungodlywarlock wrote:
There are two ways into Blighttown. You can go via the Valley of the drakes or via The Depths. Neither of which requires you to ride on that giant wheel...there are definitely other ways around, but the ladders are really hard to see sometimes. (I do know that to the left of that giant wheel there is a soul or something that you can jump over to. Once you successfully do that, you should be able to find you way down from there).
I've been coming in through the Valley of the Drakes, stumbled on the route totally by accident looking for the blacksmith in New Londo. I'll try that, thanks. It just looked like the wheels were some sort of platforming puzzle shit that you're supposed to do.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riley-o wrote:i fought him in NG+ last night and understood how he could be difficult if you don't have good endurance

even then though you just need to get his range and timing
did you die to him once? because he only does fucked up shit if you have to fight him a second time
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i died a few times actually yeah
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i feel like the hardest part of the fight was the first 3 seconds because he'd be doing something agro that you can't read beause the fucking door is still in front of the camera etc :wank:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

and trying to just roll underneath him immediately wouldn't work because he'd turn around and catch you in the back like he's psychic :wank:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i just walked in with my shield up while pounding on the R3 button

if he did the double swing i'd take the damage, roll under him, heal, then start the fireball barrage
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

:wank:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

WHAT THE FUCK MAN
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riley-o wrote:WHAT THE FUCK MAN
:lol:
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

spacehamster wrote:
ungodlywarlock wrote:
I've been coming in through the Valley of the Drakes, stumbled on the route totally by accident looking for the blacksmith in New Londo. I'll try that, thanks. It just looked like the wheels were some sort of platforming puzzle shit that you're supposed to do.
Yeah, I thought the same thing at first. And there was even a playersign on the ground that said "Jump?". Question mark, indeed.
But yup...check out the left and you can jump (by jump, I mean the actual "tap B while sprinting" jump, not just strolling off the side of the cliff).
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you can just walk onto those platforms and ride them up or down. the platforms go literally right beside the path.

you can also tell where the ladders are because they always have a torch on them.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

riley-o wrote:you can just walk onto those platforms and ride them up or down. the platforms go literally right beside the path.

you can also tell where the ladders are because they always have a torch on them.
I know the part you are talking about, but I don't think the wheel from the Valley of the Drakes entrance has the platforms on it...it's just a giant spinning ferris wheel.
(At least I think, I don't recall seeing the platforms there).
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

oh yeah you can't jump on that one, but there's ladders leading directly between the drake entrance and the one you can jump on

it takes literally two minutes to run from the valley of the drakes to the swamp bonfire
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

riley-o wrote:i just walked in with my shield up while pounding on the R3 button

if he did the double swing i'd take the damage, roll under him, heal, then start the fireball barrage
yeah, i could see how he could be a problem but really when you stand just outside of his sword range and charge up a fireball while he's swinging at air he goes down pretty fast
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

riley-o wrote:oh yeah you can't jump on that one, but there's ladders leading directly between the drake entrance and the one you can jump on

it takes literally two minutes to run from the valley of the drakes to the swamp bonfire
Yeah, but you know how this game is when you don't know where the fuck you are going. I probably spent hours in Blighttown just trying to explore the damn place. But once you have it all laid out in your head, getting places is super fast.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Call me crazy, but I'm actually enjoying Blighttown... after the slump I ran into earlier today where I felt like I was just stuck everywhere, it was pretty nice to get a near-complete sweep of the area done, snag most of the items, including a drake scale and 10'000 souls and then make it back to the swamp bonfire alive and well to do the upgrade.

...and then I marched right the fuck outta there because I was out of arrows and purple moss, ahem. But I'm going back for the rest of the stuff and Queelag tomorrow, oh yes.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

ok but imagine going in there without knowing you need blooming purple moss. just imagine that for a second
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:ok but imagine going in there without knowing you need blooming purple moss. just imagine that for a second
Oh, finding out about blooming purple moss, I think that was the first time I croaked. Luckily I had a bunch of those too because I spent a lot of time in Darkroot Garden. But that had me screaming.

Also, the apparently infinitely respawning mosquitoes. Not a fan of those. It's seriously like they looked at the mosquitoes in Demon's Souls and thought, "gee, these aren't annoying enough."
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I bought a remedy spell, that was enough to get me through Blightown swamps.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Blighttown completely looted. Too bad now I have to fight my way back down to the swamp. *sigh*