The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:Blighttown completely looted. Too bad now I have to fight my way back down to the swamp. *sigh*
Did you find the key for the shortcut around the back through Valley of Drakes?
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Blighttown completely looted. Too bad now I have to fight my way back down to the swamp. *sigh*
Did you find the key for the shortcut around the back through Valley of Drakes?
Didn't need it, that's how I came in. I haven't even been to the Depths yet. I think the Master Key opened that door, and I had that as my gift starting out. Figured it'd come in handy. I'm actually going back there now to try and get the shield from the Undead Dragon before I take on Quelaag. I'll also have to see if I can get Maneater Mildred to invade so I can kill her for her weapon, I'm guessing I need that for the platinum and I'd rather not do it in NG+.

EDIT Correction to above, I don't have the Plank Shield yet.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

This image accurately expressing my feelings right now:

Why? Because I got FUCKING HACKED on my XBL account yesterday. I saw an email that someone added a secondary email to my windows live account and within 5 minutes 6000 xbox points were added to my account (that's 80 bucks). I changed the passwords immediately and removed that email, so they weren't able to go up to the maximum daily limit of 10k, but they were able to spend all the points. I was actually on the phone with Xbox customer service while I watching them spend 80 goddamn dollars on Avatar clothing (seriously).

So the account is frozen and an unauthorized access investigation is going on, which suspends the gamertag.

Why is this in the Dark Souls thread?
BECAUSE NOW I CAN'T PLAY MY CHARACTER FOR 25 DAYS!

So....back to fucking square one. Trying dexterity-build/Wanderer.

:fp:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

that's celebratory skeletor, not angry skeletor

for future reference
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

ungodlywarlock wrote:I was actually on the phone with Xbox customer service while I watching them spend 80 goddamn dollars on Avatar clothing (seriously).
?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

riley-o wrote:that's celebratory skeletor, not angry skeletor

for future reference
He has no facial muscles, he emotes however I say he does. :p
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Duude, Dusty, that fucking sucks.

Meanwhile, at the farm... I swear the only reason they made the Quelaag fight so easy is so they could punch you in the gut afterwards. I did kill the next boss and dicked around for a bit, but I honestly have no interest in fighting a dozen Capra Demons on a narrow ledge right about now, so I eventually turned tail and ran back to the Firelink Shrine. And finally killed Havel to make myself feel better.

That also means I didn't join the Chaos Covenant, though, so now I have to go back. Sigh. I have to say, though, that sequence with Quelaag's sister really made me realize what an insane amount of backstory there's going on in this game. Of course this was also followed almost immediately by me going back to the Shrine and finding that giant serpent there. This game is fucking insane.

Also, how do you upgrade the Pyromancy Flame? The Wiki only lists how many souls it costs. I assume that means you have to take it to one of the Pyromancers?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I started an NG+ run and I'm already halfway through its stupid easy even when using derp weapons, I might just start a new character as well, a character with titties.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you can't go that way yet anyway hamper. you have to go through anor londo first.

upgrade your pyro with the guy you freed on the way to the depths or the lady just outside the quelaag fight
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

spacehamster wrote: I assume that means you have to take it to one of the Pyromancers?
Yep. It'll cost a pretty penny to get it all the way maxed but it's honestly the best investment I made in gear.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Schwartz wrote:I started an NG+ run and I'm already halfway through its stupid easy even when using derp weapons
What level are you?
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Baha. I guess I just suck. I'm almost level 60 and so far I've beaten 4 of a total 13 mandatory bosses...
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Christ man
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

dude once you upgrade your pyromania you will be a lot stronger. also just having that variety makes everything a lot smoother but i was a melee character until just about halfway through anor londo. when i went back and upgraded my power glove and switched to that being my primary weapon, the game got a lot easier.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I only used pyro when absolutely necessary id imagine most of the game seeming like a cakewalk using the power glove as a primary
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

What's funny is that I made literally the exact same mistake as my first time with Demon's Souls - started as a Hunter because I wanted a bow (which is actually proving less useful in this one), focused almost entirely on melee because the swordplay is the most fun part of the combat, and eventually realized that I made things way harder for myself than they needed to be. At least I've made a point of upgrading Int along with Str and Dex, so all I really need to do is get my attunement up to where I have a decent number of spell slots. Oh well.

Sif next, methinks.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Schwartz wrote:I only used pyro when absolutely necessary id imagine most of the game seeming like a cakewalk using the power glove as a primary
don't try and diminish my victory man :(
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Hey man we are still the only two that have finished so I don't diminish anything but the Macedonia glove on the first playthrough clearly outpowers pretty much any enemy so I started feeling guilty using it too often
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'd just like to point out, in passing, that I got the game like a week after everyone else. Just, you know. For the record.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Yea and you're level 60 still in the
noobins of the game
:awesome:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Schwartz wrote:I only used pyro when absolutely necessary id imagine most of the game seeming like a cakewalk using the power glove as a primary
ehhh, it's not all that great against trash mobs. too slow, too easy to miss. even when i was running around with like 40 combined fireballs it just wasn't worth using it most of the time.

for big, high-hp enemies it's almost mandatory though
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Schwartz wrote:Yea and you're level 60 still in the
noobins of the game
:awesome:
Not that hard to grind your way up to that if you know about the Darkroot exploit. What concerns me more is that I'm still having a tough time with a bunch of things, meaning my build sux, and it's really too late to start over. Oh well. Like I said, I ran into the same thing with Demon's Souls and eventually beat the game five ways from Sunday.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

hamper i think schwartzkrieg was simply saying that even adjusting for inflation you're still not done the game yet
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I'm going strictly dex and intelligence from here on out

After summoning enough people its clear there is a lot of insane magic in the game and I haven't touched any of it yet

So ill probably go with washing pole +10 for speed slicing and try to trick out some wizardry