The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Sgt. Pat O'Phile
Keep it thick...

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Sgt. Pat O'Phile »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:From Dust looks pretty cool and it's available for download. Anyone played this?
It's a neat little game, but it only lasted me a couple of hours. Only get it if have nothing better going on or you really liked to fuck around with the landscape/elements on map editors back in the day.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Cryptoplasty wrote:Splain' the lure. :tdown:
The gameplay in the first one was repetitive, but I liked the story and the era it was set in. The second game made huge improvements to the first game, and I liked the "city building" aspects to it. The third game was even better, adding new weapons and kill moves, plus the rpg aspect of re-establishing the Assassin's Guild. Again I loved the settings for II and III... especially how they tried to remain accurate with the layouts of the cities...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Drunk The Bill struck again wasting my XBLA points & Amazon credits on mediocre games. Downloaded Aliens vs Predator (2010) & Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and Captain America & Golden Eye arrived in the mail yesterday. Man, I'm stock piled on games now
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The setting of the Asscreed games would be alright because at least it's somewhat original... if it wasn't for the retarded sci-fi shit they decided to package it in. When I started the first one, my immediate reaction was something like, it's all well and good that Kristen Bell is in this, but I thought I was going to be a kickass renaissance assassin here, who's this dork and why am I point-click searching the same boring metal-walled lab room from seventy kabillion other games? And then I had to watch a horse's ass for 45 minutes before the game made me do poorly implemented stealth chores before I could kill the guy I was supposed to kill. And it was pretty clear I'd have to do all this five times over. Once I'd had my fill of jumping off tall towers, I was pretty much done because that was the only fun part of the game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

You should totally keep complaining about the first mission of the first game, after Broman and I have both stated that things improve greatly with the second game... It's not annoying at all...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

BUT THE FIRST MISSION. DUDE.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I played the second one for 4 hours and that was enough for me to proclaim it the worst gaming franchise in the history of shitty games

everything about that game sucks and every bit of hate people have for it is deserving to the fullest
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

The Schwartz wrote:I played the second one for 4 hours and that was enough for me to proclaim it the worst gaming franchise in the history of shitty games

everything about that game sucks and every bit of hate people have for it is deserving to the fullest
Well, at least your opinion is informed... Even if it totally sucks...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I was actually just going to make my observation about the sci-fi framework of the setting, but then I got carried away rambling about how much I hated my time with this game again.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i never played a second of any of those games and i consider it one of the better choices i've made in my life
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Schwartz wrote:I played the second one for 4 hours and that was enough for me to proclaim it the worst gaming franchise in the history of shitty games

that's my exact same experience. never played the first one, second one got great reviews so i got it. boring story, cheesy voice acting, combat sucks, graphics were all hazy/foggy or something, missions are repetitive. i don't get the love for this series at all (although it seems like half the people who play the games really hate them).
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

The sci-fi part of the story does kinda suck, but it's not so intrusive as to ruin the game for me. I don't mind repetitive gameplay if it's enjoyable to me (example, I love the Dynasty Warriors series)... but even given that, I don't find AssCree games as repetitive as a lot of the games that most people cream over on here.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

I'm with Mari. II and III were massive improvements on the game. the first one I hated, I got it for free, just wrote off the game completely. my brother in law told me to try the second one and I managed to get it for free somehow. I loved it. ran out and bought brotherhood as soon as I finished II and can't wait to get my hands on Revelations.

The first one completely sucked, not a good sell for that franchise. therefore most people wrote them off and never returned. too bad, because they redeemed themselves on the next two releases.

edit: finally picked up LA Noire. I love it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

has anyone else noticed that the people who love the games are the people who are never posting in this thread otherwise ?

and broman, who loves every game ever
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

riley-o wrote:has anyone else noticed that the people who love the games are the people who are never posting in this thread otherwise ?
I wouldn't know... I don't tend to post in here very often...

:|
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

the only game you ever talk about is this one

edit: oh and the star wars game
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Well, Thief 4 isn't out yet...
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

riley-o wrote:has anyone else noticed that the people who love the games are the people who are never posting in this thread otherwise ?

and broman, who loves every game ever
I was just thinking about that right before I saw your post.

Don't want to get into a casual vs. hardcore gamer arguement, but I've met too many people who own an Xbox and own nothing but Assassins Creed games and Halo and concider them the greatest games ever.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Cryptoplasty wrote:Don't want to get into a casual vs. hardcore gamer arguement, but I've met too many people who own an Xbox and own nothing but Assassins Creed games and Halo and concider them the greatest games ever.
Yeah, 'cause that's TOTALLY what's going on here...

:fp: :fp: :fp:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I don't mind repetitive gameplay if it's enjoyable to me
Heh. Didn't you and I have this argument about the repetitive gameplay in Dead Space? At least I think it was you I had this conversation with.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

It's OK Mari....
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Mari_Mar wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:Don't want to get into a casual vs. hardcore gamer arguement, but I've met too many people who own an Xbox and own nothing but Assassins Creed games and Halo and concider them the greatest games ever.
Yeah, 'cause that's TOTALLY what's going on here...

:fp: :fp: :fp:
marisa would you disagree that you are a casual gamer ? why, i remember not so long ago you saying that you didn't even like video games until playing assassin's creed with sweetie
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Cryptoplasty wrote:It's OK Mari....
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

well, I definitely have more than just those games. just don't have a ton of time to play them. I play them when I can.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

riley-o wrote:marisa would you disagree that you are a casual gamer ? why, i remember not so long ago you saying that you didn't even like video games until playing assassin's creed with sweetie
I've forgotten more about video games than most of you will ever know...

In all seriousness, sure I'm a casual gamer now. But, I definitely own, have played, and enjoy more than an Xbox and Assassin's Creed and Halo...