The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by ghost boner »

just now getting into the times with black ops. this game is seriously out of fucking control. how did video games advance so fucking fast?

by the way i realize saying getting "into the times" with a more than likely outdated (i honestly dont know) game is ironic.
formerly ghost boner
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

haha. THIS GUY ^ ^^

and MW3 came out TODAY.
:lol:
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

dude i seriously havent had a new system since gamecube. i have a wii but i cant afford any fucking games for it. i am really really lacking in the video game department and it kind of bums me out sometimes. i tried to keep up with this thread for a while but... but it was just... just too much
formerly ghost boner
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

When did Broken Into Pieces turn into Kat Shevil...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

ghost boner wrote:i have a wii
HAHA WHAT FUCK BIG VERNO?
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

whats so funny about that?
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but I played the first mission in Assassin's Creed once, and I really hated it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I started Uncharted 3 last night, pretty game looks indeed pretty. But I am having mixed feelings until now, I played already 4 chapters and I am starting the 5th one, so far I only had a fist fight (I am not so keen on QTE) and I shot a couple of guys, so far not much action. But it looks really pretty.

I wonder why they would spend so much time building a decent representation of Cartagena (Colombia) with a perfect Navy Museum but they do not invest some bucks in having people with the correct accent.

But, it looks pretty.
ghost boner wrote:i have a wii but i cant afford any fucking games for it.
Softmodding the Wii takes like 10 minutes and then you download any game from the Internet. Somewhere in the board in a Wii thread I posted the link with the instructions, or just google it.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote: I wonder why they would spend so much time building a decent representation of Cartagena (Colombia) with a perfect Navy Museum but they do not invest some bucks in having people with the correct accent.
Ignoring you and the other five people who can correctly identify a Colombian accent and regularly play PS3 games saves them a lot of money?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:
Krieg wrote: I wonder why they would spend so much time building a decent representation of Cartagena (Colombia) with a perfect Navy Museum but they do not invest some bucks in having people with the correct accent.
Ignoring you and the other five people who can correctly identify a Colombian accent and regularly play PS3 games saves them a lot of money?
I am pretty sure tons of people in South America, Middle America, USA and Spain can identify some accents and I am sure some of them play PS3 games.

Following your argument, then why the fuck they did an exact copy of the Museum? In this case there is little chance people would care.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

And about the Assassins Creed discussion, I only played the first one and I kind of liked it for the first 3 missions until I realized you have to basically repeat the 3 missions 3 times and the only way the game gets more complicated is by throwing more enemies at you, but do not worry, they will still attack you one at a time.

I actually kind of like the sci-fi shit, specially after realizing the next games are in different eras, so I see it as a way to connect all the different time-lines, however I agree it was poorly implemented.

I never played the other games just because I did not have the time for it, there are tons of more interesting games I still did not play, but I still want to play the new AC games some day.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote: Following your argument, then why the fuck they did an exact copy of the Museum? In this case there is little chance people would care.
Because it's probably not a big problem to get the reference material, especially for a museum, and just working from that actually makes the artists' job easier because they don't have to design anything, they can just duplicate. Whereas going out of your way to find proper Colombian voice actors or people who can do the accent well enough makes things more difficult.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:Whereas going out of your way to find proper Colombian voice actors or people who can do the accent well enough makes things more difficult.
And I thought Naughty Dog was located in California, I did not know they were located in Mongolia.

Stop it, it is just laziness, there is no other explanation.

P.S., Aren't you the one that complained about the German accents in Die Hard?
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

wherin i bitch about every southern accent ever committed to film.

"are you from texas or georgia? make up your mind!"
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Whereas going out of your way to find proper Colombian voice actors or people who can do the accent well enough makes things more difficult.
And I thought Naughty Dog was located in California, I did not know they were located in Mongolia.

And where did I say you're wrong? I'm just saying it's hardly surprising. Most games aren't even consistent with their English accents.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
Krieg wrote:

And where did I say you're wrong? I'm just saying it's hardly surprising. Most games aren't even consistent with their English accents.
My first girl friend was from Colombia and cant tell the difference, so I'm giving Naughty Dog a pass as well. Lazy or maybe just not having an ear for it.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

wait, so the metal gear collection is already out?
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

copstache wrote:wait, so the metal gear collection is already out?
haha i said the exact same thing
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

huh, it even has the subsistence version of mgs3, including the two original MSX games

guess i should pick that up
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

it's my favorite series of all time......just not right now
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i think halo anniversary comes out in a few days too right?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'm going to grab the mgs set soon because i'm not sure i trust it to be hanging around in stores forever. halo can wait because it will. i remember having a hard time finding the original subsistence several months after it came out
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

it'll always be on amazon
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

copstache wrote:wait, so the metal gear collection is already out?
Seriously. It's going to be the sleeper hit of the fall.

Schwigger, just knuckle up and buy MGSHD and play it before the 'rim comes out. That way, I won't have to buy it. See?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

as long as it's not a limited printing. but yeah christmas is only a month away, i'm sure i can hold off until then