The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by fallbacktostone »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Rainbow Six Patriots target gameplay footage :what:
i know man

its both :mastoman: and :wank: in equal measure though for sure
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
The Bill wrote:Finished Saints Row 3 with the "happy ending". I plan on re-beating it with the "bad ending". Did a sex change into a chick to do the second ending just because the decision is a wicked bitch move, and my dude was way too awesome to do that. I really liked the characters in this game. They had a nice rapport with each other and actually thought they were funny and charismatic. I had no idea a sand box game could have likable characters, Rockstar.

Any how, I guess back to Blood 2. Then, I'll do that Star Wars game, as long as Bats and Skyriim don't get proper patches.
Which ending do you consider the 'happy ending'?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
presumably the one where you let Killbane flee and save Shaundi, Viola and Burt Reynolds?

that's the ending I went for first, the Gangstas In Space mission sucks a giant cock though... nonetheless, I prefer this ending, but I suspect the other ending where you kill Killbane and Cyrus and let your homies die is going to become the canon ending
I agree, most of the characters kick ass, lots of people bitched about it but
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm kinda glad they killed off Johnny Gat early on in this game... I was never a big fan of that character
Hope they come out with some DLC for this one quickly, 'cause I already got 1000Gs out of it... I want some new missions or something to give me reason to keep playing... could just play through the story again I guess, but there's a few bits (mostly side quests and earning the upgrades) that I can't be arsed with repeating... needs to be an option to replay any mission in the game once you finish it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Also, for some reason, Loren's tower never became a crib for me like it was apparently supposed to even though I left it standing at the end of Act 1 :(
I prefer the happy ending over what may become the canon ending. It'd be a better idea to mix both for the next game. I now only need to finish a few of the challenges. You were right certain strongholds rival gang members show up randomly even with everything owned. I hear ya they need to release some dlc early compared to some games that release it too late.
I only need to vehicle surf longer, streak more (haha the run in streak I find funny as shit), hostage, taunt, and something else. I'm up to 36 out of 41
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I felt shitty when they made me play the terrible ending, after all the shit you had to go through no way am I getting Burt killed! Lol Although I liked the beatdown on Killbane. It was fitting since I made my guy pretty intimidating.
PSN- BroMan43
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

BroMan wrote:I prefer the happy ending over what may become the canon ending. It'd be a better idea to mix both for the next game. I now only need to finish a few of the challenges. You were right certain strongholds rival gang members show up randomly even with everything owned. I hear ya they need to release some dlc early compared to some games that release it too late.
I only need to vehicle surf longer, streak more (haha the run in streak I find funny as shit), hostage, taunt, and something else. I'm up to 36 out of 41
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I felt shitty when they made me play the terrible ending, after all the shit you had to go through no way am I getting Burt killed! Lol Although I liked the beatdown on Killbane. It was fitting since I made my guy pretty intimidating.
I knew those kind of challenges were going to be annoying to grind out, and that if I left them until the last thing to finish I'd possibly not even bother finishing them at all... so I ground them out early to get them out of the way. Either I suck at vehicle surfing, or 600 seconds is way too long for a task that can only be completed by focusing on it 100%; my record for longest surf was like 60 seconds, and it tended to be more like 15-20 on average.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
To be honest, I think Killbane should have been killed by the explosion... it was a bit anticlimactic that you just beat him up a bit and break his neck after all the other shit you put him through. Hell, you lay a worse beating on the dude in Murderbrawl XXXI. It would have sucked to have both Killbane and Cyrus die by blowing up their plane, but Cyrus could have ejected, then they could've added the beatdown part in there instead and finished it by making you throw him off the Daedalus...

And yeah, I got no issues with them killing off Johnny Gat, but it sucked to see Shaundi, Viola and Burt all killed off like that too. Definitely interested in seeing where they go with SR4 after this one.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

been watching all kinds of retro game youtube channels lately has inspired me to finally bust out my old Turbografx 16... what an awesomely underrated system... jamming Devils Crush, Rtype, Legendary Axe, Splattrehouse... so many good ones!! Now if I could find Turbo Duo that wasn't miraculously expensive these days so I can play my Dracula X and Cosmic Fantasy 2 games... Gate of Thunder... oh fuck..
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

man i allllways wanted one. ONE time i got to play Bonk's adventure when I was around 10 years old...it was glorious.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Masochrism wrote:man i allllways wanted one. ONE time i got to play Bonk's adventure when I was around 10 years old...it was glorious.
yeah it was one of those things I always wanted when it came out but never could actually afford one. I had one of those promotional pamphlets that showed all games and accessories and would just look through it all the time dreaming of actually owning one, haha.

When I was around 15 or 16 though, a local rental place was going out of business and managed to pick up stacks of games for like a dollar each (boxed) and some kid at school had a system he sold with some games for 30 bucks. So even though the system was dead and long gone by then, I still loved playing it.

I need to get all the bonk game again.. I had the first or 2nd one but they must have got lost somewhere down the line.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

this game is still insanely fun! Everything about it is awesome.. the graphics, music, all the secrets and bonus stuff.. wow.. best video pinball game ever!!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

valgalder wrote:

this game is still insanely fun! Everything about it is awesome.. the graphics, music, all the secrets and bonus stuff.. wow.. best video pinball game ever!!
I had that game on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis, 'cept it was called Dragon's Fury or something like that. Spent many hours of my childhood playing that game :moreawesome:
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:Image
Oh co-fucking-sign
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

what
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Co-signing onto the sentiment of your img.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Ahaha, fucking Jim Sterling. Someone post the pic of him in a hot tub with his shirt on.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

whats going on now?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

valgalder wrote:

YES dude. Alien Crush and Devil's Crush both ruled it.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

fallbacktostone wrote:whats going on now?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Sipping 7-up out of wine glasses... classy.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

So from the recent PS3 update, the vita is going to be a beast of a handheld.
PSN- BroMan43
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Vita is gonna be something special. I fucking love portable video game systems.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Let's get a Jeanne d'Arc sequel.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i red box'd MW3 because i won't have LIVE for a few weeks and i want to play through the campaign.

literally the blandest FPS i've ever played. granted, the BF3 campaign is ass, but the presentation is much better. i've never seen a game that was so dialed-in. everything from UI to graphics and NPC actions and animations, all recycled crap. it is the definition of a company knowing their target audience and not giving a fuck anymore. and the shit that happened to infinity ward is not an excuse.

1h09m playtime, 20% campaign completion. on veteran.

i need to beat this tomorrow so i can take it back and only spend $4.

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

ive been watching my brother play the special ops stuff and some of that looks cool

but yeah they looked like they strove to put something out that merely was at mw2s level just to prove that all the talent the studio lost wasn't going to effect the final product. pretty sad.

having said all that. if the multiplayer didn't have the massive levels of lag compensation that it does and at least played like mw1 i'd understand. but it doesn't. so i don't. :fp: :wank:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

RockPaperShotgun's Wot I Think of MW3 is a pretty great review.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Kind of funny people rag on Rage for being linear when the top selling game (MW3) and the top critical darling (Uncharted 3) are both linear as fuck.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

last couple call of duty games have practically redefined the meaning of linear imho

that black ops campaign was :drool: