special james thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: special james thread

Post by james »

I just can't imagine that those beings have sexual organs

the hylians have babies around sometimes but i'm sure they just fucking find them in pots or that they come tumbilng down death mountain sometimes

the great faeries have breasts but i'm sure that's just to nurture the cosmos or some fucking retarded thing that a poet would say because he's gay anyway

i dont think any of those things are supposed to have vaginas or penises, and if they did i'm sure they would be without foreskins anyway...

and IF ritual circumcision were a part of some or all hylian cultures because of religious reasons then it probably wouldn't be easy to argue with, because divinity is an objective component of that universe and so it's influence on culture and the way in which they interact with it would be absolutely essential
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

ok if the kokiri boys have penises but never go through puberty that is a weird and tragic joke

but then how would they piss....
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Yeah but dude look

A guy sat down and made that

With the strings of cum and the weird uncircumcised tubedick and the woman's face when she's giving head hahahahaha

And I guarantee people have jerked off to that video and felt only the briefest hovering shadow of shame because that's their life and they know it

I fucking guarantee it
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

NOTHING MAKES ME FEEL BETTER
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

You should almost definitely make a comic about this
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

The Dick I Saw
a haiku by jame

Nightmare winter
great sorrow overtakes us
nihilist lipstick
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

It was a very bittersweet experience for me.

It's a good video game. There are portions of it that are definitive, 'best Zelda' territory. The characters are wonderful, and the story is well-written and emotionally investing, which is something that is actually missing from most of the other games in the series if you're making a responsible assessment and holding nostalgia at bay. The music is absolutely spectacular, and the visual direction they went with is pretty much perfect.

There were fairly sizable portions of the game that I did not enjoy, though, and not simply because of the high expectations that I hold for the series. The stock criticisms for Skyward Sword are that it is too linear, and that it's guilty of 'hand-holding'; your path through the world is basically predetermined in a way which is not enjoyable, and the puzzle solving which used to be the sweetest joy of the older games was basically just rendered retard-proof through constant, mood-ruining textbox interruptions.

Basically it's a bipolar game, the Zelda that makes it Zelda is of an extremely high quality, but then there's a bunch of unfun chores to do which suck 399,9999 dicks a minute.

tl;dr better than Ocarina, not as good as Twilight Princess
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Oh man...that game. :cry:
No Cunting Elves
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

It's like they sat around the boardroom and said, "Alright guys - I got it! We'll make a Zelda game...but this time, we'll take all the fun out of it. Huh? Huh? What do you think?"

Miyamoto nods off

papers are stamped
No Cunting Elves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:Thanks!

I am currently reading the book Game Over, a history of Nofriendo. Ever read it? Just based on the tales of his Childhood and early career, Miyamoto is the most magical and precious life form on this planet.

There is still something really awesome and fun and dare I say innocent about playing a modern Zelda game. It appeals to the same thing in me that likes model trains ad watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
No problemo! I'm always excited to have the opportunity to ramble about one of my obsessions.

I have a ebook version of Game Over that I've been reading slowly (on my modded DS of course) over the past few months. It's been one of those '10 minutes before bed' books for me. Great stuff, though, and I'm told that there are some very interesting details somewhere in the book about a never-realized NES telecommunications network that sound fucking fascinating.

Miyamoto is an absolutely supernatural being. I'm extremely thankful that we get to play in his interior universe on the occasions that we are allowed.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Dear James,

I am becoming obsessed with the production methods of this album

What share of the strings is sampled? All of it? I've read that Funk learned to play trumpet and violin for the album, but I think most of the string playing is way beyond his still level. But there's so much going on, compositionally, that I'm somewhat doubtful that 90+% of the strings are actually sampled.

Help please,
- Ross

P.S. info and input from non-Jameses is also appreciated
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
nomb
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by nomb »

oot>mm>ww>tp>ss (only 3D)

way too linear, it's not a world, it's areas, I immediately knew something was wrong when I started with 5 hearts. barely scratching the surface here, too much to complain about if you're a fanatic, a neat game for casual players I guess.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Necrometer wrote:Dear James,

I am becoming obsessed with the production methods of this album

What share of the strings is sampled? All of it? I've read that Funk learned to play trumpet and violin for the album, but I think most of the string playing is way beyond his still level. But there's so much going on, compositionally, that I'm somewhat doubtful that 90+% of the strings are actually sampled.

Help please,
- Ross

P.S. info and input from non-Jameses is also appreciated
I can't answer any of your questions about the making of this album, but I will offer the information that Jame hates breakcore and I'm assuming that this means he's not a fan of this album.

addendum: I felt like an ass making a post this pointless, so I went to the Wikipedia page for this article and hey-oh, look what I found...
The album also samples various pieces of classical music:

The first movement of Béla Bartók's fourth string quartet, in track two.
The second of Igor Stravinsky's "3 Pieces for Clarinet", in track five.
The first movement of Gustav Mahler's 3rd Symphony (trombone solo), in track five.
Measures 121-128 (14), 134 (15) and 144 (16) of Bartók's first string quartet (third movement), in track five.
Niccolò Paganini's 7th Caprice in A minor, in track five.
The beginning of the solo part of Franz Waxman's Carmen Fantasie in track five.
The first and third measure of the fourth movement of Bartók's sixth string quartet, in track six.
Sir Edward Elgar's "Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85", in track eight.
The second movement of Sergei Prokofiev's Quintet in G Minor in track eight.
The Siciliana of Fantasia No. 9 from Georg Philipp Telemann's Twelve Fantasias, in track ten.
no idea if that's a complete list, but there ya go
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
nomb
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by nomb »

Szamar Madar starts at 5:16!

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

thanks guys

months ago I had investigated some of those pieces listed on wikipedia but somehow concluded that they could not be sufficient to cover the bulk of the sounds on the album... I think I was wrong?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Ross I know absolutely nothing about how that album was made, and I guess you got all the answers already anyway.
Broken Into Pieces wrote:I will offer the information that Jame hates breakcore and I'm assuming that this means he's not a fan of this album.
Hahah I do not!!! I'm definitely not as fascinated with manic break manipulation as I was when I first discovered it, but I still think it's totally cool and there's plenty of awesome material that's come out of the practice. Rossz csillag alatt született is a total classic.

It's not even like I think the stuff I don't like sucks, I'm just not terribly interested in intentionally abrasive music so much anymore.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

james wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:I will offer the information that Jame hates breakcore and I'm assuming that this means he's not a fan of this album.
Hahah I do not!!! I'm definitely not as fascinated with manic break manipulation as I was when I first discovered it, but I still think it's totally cool and there's plenty of awesome material that's come out of the practice. Rossz csillag alatt született is a total classic.

It's not even like I think the stuff I don't like sucks, I'm just not terribly interested in intentionally abrasive music so much anymore.
My bad, I thought I recalled you ranting about breakcore being shitty noise on here before. Maybe I'm thinking of Hostage Grenade instead.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

james did say something derogatory about VS but totally backed that album in the ensuing discussion

and maybe this is not pertinent, but...
viewtopic.php?p=119819#p119819
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Very little in this world more precious to me than music constructed with machines. If I were to sit down and list all my favorite tracks, I'm betting that a significant chunk of them would probably be at least partially break-centered.

I do lose patience as a listener with guys like Funk though, and the millions of other people who do things similar to what he does. t's difficult to pinpoint exactly where my interest drops off. There are a LOT of people out there just making lazy, irritating noises and uploading it to the internet as 'breakcore'.

I'm not sure if I can explain my perspectives properly or responsibly.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:I'm not sure if I can explain my perspectives properly or responsibly.
I think you nailed it with the middle paragraph :tup:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

post top notch examples of this genre so i understand what is going on
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I don't really know much about this stuff but the album I initially brought up registers as an blatant classic and the in-genre consensus seems similar:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the Hajnal song is linked via annotations and is my favorite if you don't have time for an album

non-italicized h!?!?! Image
Last edited by Necrometer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:an blatant
really ? is that what you meant ? Or did you mean..
Necrometer wrote:a nblatant
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ahahaha

both

actually it would be an nblatant, wouldn't it? :stains: