Sci Fi Speed Dating

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Sci Fi Speed Dating

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Why do I get the idea that a couple of these dudes truly believe that gaming will be the bedrock of a successful relationship?
I don't see why it wouldn't work. An easy way to solve arguments.

I want you to stop drinking.

No. But if you can beat the first boss on Master Ninja difficulty, I will for you.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Cascade Whore wrote:Geekmonbozia
hahahahahahaha
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:liking the same music
worse than anything
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

james wrote:
worse than anything
:tup:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Wang Mandu wrote:They're all harmless. How can you not root for them?
Of course they're harmless. Hell, they aren't even nerds. Nerds ran the space program in the 60s. Nerds invented the television and the personal computer. Nerds are smart, capable, even accomplished people. These are self-absorbed assholes who let frivolous hobbies consume them. I even bet that cute blonde girl is annoying as fuck to talk to.
Haha,
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

james wrote:
worse than anything
its how I met boo and she is THE BEST
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

I'd like to assume that "software engineer in the defense industry" translates to something of value for the acceptable nerd in Torsion's world.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Yeah sure, he makes the cut. Was he in the show? I couldn't watch more than a couple minutes. Too bad he's associating with a bunch of losers.
Haha,
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

I skipped around, too, but he's the one who won the girl/burden.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Bet he's gonna love hearing about that computer she built to play World of Warcraft or whatever.
Haha,
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

What does Torsan enjoy discussing with women?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Autistic overeducated ankle-biters who attempt to bait me.
Haha,
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Idget Child wrote:I skipped around, too, but he's the one who won the girl/burden.
:awesome:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Has the ep with Jen popped up yet?
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

The Torsion wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:They're all harmless. How can you not root for them?
Of course they're harmless. Hell, they aren't even nerds. Nerds ran the space program in the 60s. Nerds invented the television and the personal computer. Nerds are smart, capable, even accomplished people. These are self-absorbed assholes who let frivolous hobbies consume them. I even bet that cute blonde girl is annoying as fuck to talk to.
This is ridiculous, dude. I like you, and generally I find your reflexive outrage a bit refreshing. This thing that you've said is inaccurate and stupid, though.

All I can say is that as a gigantic geek, I have no reason not to support and defend this Occupy Normality stuff that's been happening to the rest of the world over the past decade. The entire planet has mysteriously tailored itself to my liking; hobbits and batmans are the billion dollar pictures, the zombie movies I loved so much in middle school have become familiar to the point of saturation, and most importantly everyone in the civilized world has begun using the internet to communicate with one another, which used to be this incredibly weird geeky thing I couldn't even really explain to other people without sounding like some sort of absolute mutant pedophile. When I started posting on this board in high school I wouldn't have felt comfortable discussing it with my friends. Now they've all got Farmville plots and talk to each other obsessively with pocket computers that used to be cellphones. Filesharing has destroyed the shitty record industry and kids who grew up blasting through Megaman tunes on their gameboys are winning Grammy awards with computer-generated music they made at home on their laptops with pirated software.

Everything that was once mysteriously detested about my interests and personality is now accepted and infecting the exterior universe like an awesome rape virus.

We're here, we're queer, and I think we successfully took over everything in the entire Western world so fuck you get used to it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hold me, Jame.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i don't think torsion will hesitate to call everyone living blissfully in the post-nerd-acceptance world self-absorbed assholes who let frivolous hobbies consume them
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

keep in mind this is all being discussed on a messageboard where everyone collects fucking death metal records that you've never heard of and gets tattoos about them - the only difference between a comicon and a Satyricon show is smiling and a slave leia costume contest
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

GOOD BECAUSE THEN I'D GET MAD AND FREAK OUT ABOUT EVERYTHING

AAARRRGGHHH
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Isn't the whole point of a hobby kinda that it's frivolous?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

What I really want to know is what that chick's handle on the BSN is and if I've ever had an argument with her.
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

Pisscubes wrote: And to be clear, I'm not sticking everyone at Comicon with this label, but there are certainly those who fit it.
I think we're reasonable enough to know that you're referring more to people like that elevator door in the first video who was simply making wookiee calls on his speed dates.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:
Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:Dude no one here would claim attending a Satyricon gig is "cooler" than Comicon.
In fact I'm pretty sure there isn't a single person in the world who would. Not even Satyricon.
Considering all the Satyricon shows Satyricon has played, I would guess that the real answer is that no one would, especially Satyricon
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Pisscubes wrote:I and most of the people in my life have interests and do things that I suppose would be classified as geek/nerd interests and have since we were teens, among them: Star trek, star wars, collecting bullshit figures, way into comics and horror movies, Dr. Who, video games, fantasy novels, role-playing games, etc.

But then I also acknowledge that neither myself or the people in my life who do, collect, talk about and love all these things don't ever make it a rock solid identity. I'M A GEEK!!! IT'S A CULTURE!!! That sort of thing. So when I see a dude who thinks the perfect women would simply be a Bioware fan... it's a little sad. The ones who decide to be defined by this kind of stuff instead of just enjoying their likes. Does that make sense?
I think that is a perfect analysis.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i'm too good to collect death metal records or have tattoos about anything.