The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by valgalder »

MK has the stupidest button layout of a fighter..
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Schwartz wrote:I've been converted to the Wang idea that if you think the controls are bad you just suck at the game because I've gotten a good grasp on it now and I'm a total assassin in combat, taking on 12 people at once is super easy and a fucking blast to take out. about 8 hours in and I love it more and more as I progress
:rhug: My favorite is the Tony Jaa run up an enemy and then elbow them in the face. Enemies can't even touch me now with all the upgrades and counters. I'm guess Leon is playing with kb/m though so I can understand the frustrations. Third person games like this never get kb/m controls right.

From now on I hope every open world game with guns has bullet time. It makes things too easy but the fun factor is worth it.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

Sleeping Dogs here as well, but on the 360. Due to the reviews I was about to cancel my preorder, but it had already shipped, and I'm glad it did. It's pretty great so far, just like in every open world game, you have to get used to the controls, and it's pretty fun so far. The developers have "stolen" the best aspects of various games, which I don't mind at all.
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Weekend re-crap:

I'm glad Crysis and War for Cybertron are just getting better and better as the games go on. I was all prepared for both games to let me down and deliver onto me the summer SLUMP of doom I usually get. I'm a Decepticon kind of guy, but the Autobots section is far superior.

Played an inconsequential amount of COR: Escape from Butcher Bay. This game used to be a huge favorite of mine but I found the controls sluggish, and there was an odd distortion on the camera. Strange. I'll fool around with it again some day, but I don't recall any of that poppycock.

Threw the GOTY edition of Fallout: New Vegas on. I never finished the game two years ago when I triggered a game freezing bug. I miss the Fallout games, and it hasn't aged poorly or anything. On the 360 at least, Skyrim isn't really leaps and bounds better looking than it. Of course, Vegas isn't rendering large forests and snow storms.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

electronicham wrote:I am so behind on games and its fucking awesome
:tup:

having a backlog is the absolute best
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
electronicham wrote:Finally started Mass Effect 2

I am so behind on games and its fucking awesome
I envy you playing it for the first time. That game is amazing.
I'm not really sure what it was about ME2 that made me replay it so obsessively anymore - I think ME3 is a superior game in many ways, but I still have a fourth Shepard that I transferred from ME2 to ME3, and I seriously can't get through it even though it's been months since I've played the game. With ME2, I was pretty much looking for excuses to fire up another playthrough as soon as I finished one.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Mass Effect 2 is one of this current generation console's best by far and large. I love a lot about ME3, but 2 is just so much more enjoyable to play for some reason. I'm waiting for ME3 to hurry up and finish with all it's DLC so that I can play the whole trilogy in a row, with the highlight of ME2 and it's DLC I never played.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Are you saying you've never played Lair of the Shadow Broker? Because... that's really kinda the best part of ME2.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:Are you saying you've never played Lair of the Shadow Broker? Because... that's really kinda the best part of ME2.
Yeah, can you believe that. I never played Shadow Broker nor Overlord.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, look forward to it, they're both damn good.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i hope i get to play this when i'm 60 and it fill me with joy
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

electronicham wrote:Since I just finished my Bachelor's degree a few weeks ago
Hey congratulations man !
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Been working on an associates for 8 years.

I mean it's honestly abandoned but in social situations I sometimes act like I might go back to get it.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Nintendo Power magazine to cease publication

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/s ... blication/

This is sort of shocking. Not that I've read it in the past 18 years or anything. Just interesting to know that it's ending.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:sleeping dogs seems like it might be a little too GTA-ish for me, but i never played darksiders 1 and don't want to stumble into 2 like an ignorant dickhead, you know? tough call

wang, which one do you like more so far?

please don't say "both" or "only the PC versions"
I do have to say, the studio did an excellent job with the PC version. :awesome:

Haven't played Darksiders II yet because I'm slowly making my way through the first one (I hope there's no shooting in the sequel because it really sucks in the first one). What The Bill said, too.

As for Sleeping Dogs, it is GTA-ish but if you threw in Arkham Asylum styled combat. Hong Kong is a much fresher setting than other sandbox games and it's nice playing a character who actually has good motivations. The cars don't control like GTA IV at all...more of a video game feel to their movement, the story is pretty good so far, action highjacking a car is fun (jumping out of your car onto the roof of another), there's cockfights (!), and the combat is satisfying....lots of moves to unlock and the environmental kills add some variety. It seems to have a lot of content but not so much it'll overstay its welcome. I'm at 7 or 8 hours playtime with less than a third of the story finished. I'm guessing 25 to 30+ hours depending on how much I mess around.

There's no "Hey cousin! Let's go see titties!" annoyances or "I don't want to kill anymore. Let's go rob a bank." stupidity. People only call you if they've got a mission and so far the missions have continually gotten better. It's nice because all the collectibles improve the main character's stats (mainly "Face" which unlocks certain tiers of cars and clothes) or give you cash / items and later on in the game after you level up a bit, every collectible will show up on your map. I never doing racing missions in sandbox games but here they improve your Face level a lot so I actually do them. If you like Hong Kong action movies, you should definitely play it. The shooting tutorial is probably the most clever tutorial I've played in a long time, really well done.

The pre-order bonuses kind of suck and the DLC so far looks forgettable. I got a Swat team mission where you just ride in a car and shoot criminals chasing you. No real transition or dialogue during the chase so it seems kind of half finished. Also got a GSP outfit pack and it seems kind of worthless.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's a button for ramming cars while driving and it's awesome.

Edit 2: And fuck reviews that complain about controls, they just suck at the game. The controls, especially in combat, are pretty fluid and work well. The camera can be a bit wonky but that's just about every game.
Yeah, you sold me on this game. Its my next purchase before Hitman Absolution comes out (which I can't wait for!). I've actually made it into the Top 50 monthly leaderboards for the Hitman Sniper Challenge.
PSN- BroMan43
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Sorry for two posts, my phone went stupid towards the end of my last post. Anyway question, does anyone still play Max Payne 3? Since I've done a lot of the stuff in single player and I'm not a fan of its multiplayer I'm debating on rather keeping it or not. I may just end up keeping it on my game self like I do with GTA and Dead Space which I haven't touched in a while.
PSN- BroMan43
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I found the XBOX Punisher disk. It was inside of the Nintendo Wii. :lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

BroMan wrote: Anyway question, does anyone still play Max Payne 3? Since I've done a lot of the stuff in single player and I'm not a fan of its multiplayer I'm debating on rather keeping it or not. I may just end up keeping it on my game self like I do with GTA and Dead Space which I haven't touched in a while.

I'm not currently playing it but if you are looking for more life from the title why not play it in noir mode?

http://kotaku.com/5936795/max-payne-3-n ... ack--white

Taking a page from LA Noire's case notes, Rockstar's Max Payne 3 will on August 28 be adding something called "Noir Mode", which is a tidy term for "playing the game in black & white".

It fits with the game's noir overtones, I guess, but given so much of Max Payne 3 is spent in the ridiculously over-saturated Rio, it seems almost a crime to rob your eyes of the city's lush colour palette.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Anyone playing Counterstrike: GO?
ImageImageImage
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

this
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

Wormholegenerator wrote:this
sim earth was a crazy game too :tup:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

all video games are gay.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

christ, i played sim earth on a first-gen macintosh. memories...

i wish FTL would hurry the fuck up and come out, it's supposed to be pretty much any time now
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I was away from Sleeping Dogs for a bit and then it wouldn't start for some reason. After a bit of searching I got that sorted out, bought all the DLC and got all stoked to get back into it. Turns out I was like one fist-fight away from the end. Fuck! Total waste.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

hahahahahaha you fucked up

speaking of which, I started playing sleeping dogs yesterday. awesome game.