The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by fallbacktostone »

i can tell you now though beyond a shadow of a doubt that they lifted core principles and mechanics from warhammer 40k in order to get over the time unit thing. because its still turn based and you have a limit of what you can do each turn is what makes it xcom. you fuck up your turn and miss a shot or leave a guy out of cover he will get buried because the enemies look ruthless.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

this is the demo!! i havent gotten to the end to see if the guy beats it yet but you can notice right off the bat the armament the soldiers are equipped with while taking on chryssalids and snakemen :lol:

oh my god he fucking QUITS before it even gets going. what a kike..
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

:lol: the fucking guy taking his EXPLOSIVE MISSILE FIRE GRENADE LAUNCHER and just firing wildly at the grass immediately in front of him

best game ever of all time :tup: :tup:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Sleeping Dogs is running great on my PC but I doubt I'll play it for more than a few hours. I have trouble identifying with cop protagonists so basically I'm just doing the face missions and fucking around. I think what I'm realizing is I don't paticularly like this sort of game. We'll see once I get my hands on some guns.

New Vegas, on the other hand, continues to draw me back in. I thought I had it on a hard difficulty but it was just normal so I boosted that up to the hardest difficulty. I will report back in. I find I enjoy this game until I run into a few "delivery" missions in a row then I just get bored and come back to the game the next day. Still just specializing in explosives and destroying the shit out of everything I run into with grenade launchers and the thermal lance is anything gets close enough. Imagine my dismay when I ran into a few bounty missions and had to return some heads intact. I'm been frugal with my money and just went and dropped about 10k on an assault carbine. Wow it sure is better than the varmint rifle. I think I'm around level 13 or so?
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

canon.docre wrote:Sleeping Dogs is running great on my PC but I doubt I'll play it for more than a few hours. I have trouble identifying with cop protagonists

LOL
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

finally played walking dead ep 2. even though i figured out the twist way way before they even started dropping hints, i still loved it. the penultimate scene had my stomach in a knot. so good.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

borderlands is really only good if you're playing co-op
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Friendly Goatus wrote:borderlands is really only good if you're playing co-op
i disagree with this.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
canon.docre wrote:Sleeping Dogs is running great on my PC but I doubt I'll play it for more than a few hours. I have trouble identifying with cop protagonists

LOL
im gonna add my own lol here

lol
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Pisscubes wrote:Is all modern video games just one mission over and over again? :-|
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

fallbacktostone wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Is all modern video games just one mission over and over again? :-|
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

electronicham wrote:
a world of no wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:borderlands is really only good if you're playing co-op
i disagree with this.
I had a blast with Borderlands and I played a good majority of it by myself. There were some missions that seemed repetitive over and over, but other than that, I enjoyed the game.
Pretty much. I didn't really enjoy Borderlands but it's a shooter with a ton of loot. Can't really complain about a lack of mission variety when your main goal is killing things.

Oddly enough, I'm slightly interested in BL2 and I have no idea why.

Vanquished Smough and Orstein last night. Too bad the netcode for Dark Souls PC is so fucked I can't summon anyone or get summoned but I am able to be invaded every 10 minutes. :roll: At least Solaire is there for me.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Wang Mandu wrote:Vanquished Smough and Orstein last night.
I now know the PC version is easier than the console because this is not the celebration of a prince of the universe. Image
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Gunther wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:

LOL
im gonna add my own lol here

lol
Punk isn't dead.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

riley-o wrote:I now know the PC version is easier than the console because this is not the celebration of a prince of the universe. Image
:lol: I was dreading that fight after hearing others struggle with it. I did die a few times and had Solaire helping me out but I didn't think the fight was that difficult. Took out the skinny prick first, kept a pillar between me and the fattie, waited for the big hammer drop, quickly got in a running slash and then got out. I died more on that goddamn Hydra in Ash Lake. I'm really excited for the DLC boss fights because a lot of players have been raving about them.

I've heard they nerfed some enemies (not sure about bosses) but also nerfed quite a few items as well for the PC version. Also, you can warp between more bonfires.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

And begin...

Borderlands: Played a ton of this, and it does get better after the beginning "hump". Way better after the tutorial and after I got a shield. Something intangible in the game reminds me of a choose your own adventure book I loved as a child called The Badlands of Hark. Still, grind and loot, grind and loot, that's what this game is about. If you don't have some sort of OCD pertaining to either of these things then it's a bore. Grinding, not so much my milk and honey. Yet, it would seem I'm a sucker for searching for bigger and badder weapons. Last bit of goodness I found was a shotgun that fired rockets, sort of, yet uses shotgun ammo. As cool as it is, and as addicted to it as I am at the present, it's real monotonous. I kind of want to be over with it, but the way the level system works, and how you are fucked if you try something even two levels above you, well, looks like I'm going to have to play by the rules and do all the side missions and everything. I really hope the 2nd game pumps a ton more of narrative, personality, and variety into it, as Borderlands is borderline soulless.

Played a little PACman DX Championship Edition and Burnout 3 because my male offspring wanted to watch me play these two titles specifically. In small doses these two games are a fucking blast. I forgot how crazy fun and harrowing Burnout 3 was.

Finally Crysis. Oh, Crysis. Not sure if the game glitched but I got to a point where the army and myself were fighting a giant robot spider thing, and it's obvious this thing is not going to die. So, looks like a script didn't trigger because nothing happened. I was just there.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

My power went out and corrupted my Borderlands save file.....I'm not starting over again. BORDERLANDS 2 next week though.... :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Pip
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Pip »

I just downloaded Mark of the Ninja. Shit rules and is super brutal. Well worth $10.
Geeheeb wrote:Is that horse circumcised?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Jesus, what'd poor Pip ever do to anybody
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
caldwell.the.great

took a break from Demon's Souls after getting frustrated with it
came back
zen mind, destroyer's mind

i can't relate to you how satisfying it was to place that final spear jab into flamelurker's raging, dying face. and now I have a sword that sets everyone on fire and takes most dudes in world 4 down with just a slice or two... and I'm just a puny royal character focusing on magic.

motherfuckers die wherever I look.
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
caldwell.the.great

er
what I meant is that my melee is wiping shit out and I'm not even focused on melee.

don't ruin this for me.

also, I wonder how the fuck other players have gotten by without going after some decent armor first. seems like the royal dies one-hit in boss battles unless you bother to hunt down some decent fucking clothes. getting white world tendency in world 1 and then going after that armor in the pit has saved my ass numerous times.
caldwell.the.great

I manage to avoid getting hit after a few tries in most levels... but boss battles always involve some contact, at least the first three or four tries. I guess the time I beat flamelurker he only hit me once, and I had water veil running.

game is addicting as shit now that I'm getting a bit better at it. I'm not much of a gamer, but this shit has me wanting to play 24/7
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Double :fonz: Best company in the industry. I particularly liked this nugget:
A few years ago, a Valve hire who had worked in special effects in Hollywood balked at wheeling his desk. The news reached Mr. Newell, who promptly picked up the desk himself and carried it to the new location, to the new employee’s embarrassment.

The man, whom Valve declined to name, is no longer with the company.
Move on to Dark Souls after that one, caldwell. And since that thread is fairly dead, I'll post this here. It's all the Dark Souls npcs unhelmed. Interesting to see From putting that little bit of extra effort into characters. Lautrec and Solaire are just about perfect although Solaire could use a beard.

http://imgur.com/a/KpkQa#0