The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I don't trust Capcom enough to ever be excited for a game by them again. They are capable of making great games, but for me it's going to be wait and see with them forever.

Even if it means a new Vampire Savior.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Resident Evil is like the old Star Trek movies, only the even numbered ones are good.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

RE1 was bad? Put down the drink, TheBill.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:RE1 was bad? Put down the drink, TheBill.
Blah, never played the Gamecube remake, but I did not like the PSOne game at all.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

what in the actual fuck?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Imagine if this was the thing to make him realize he has a serious drinking problem
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

TheDOAD wrote:Borderlands 2 is cool. I beat the midgemonger boss or whatever then saved out. It does seem just like bigger borderlands 1 But i had a blast and didnt want to stop playing.
That's right about where I left off.

I love the game, and it feels a little better than the first. I do think I like how the first one looked a little better though.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Journey. Holy fuck, dudes. Seriously. I can't even imagine how many times I'm going to play through this. Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus in ways ? What a wonderful, mysterious game.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Wang Mandu wrote:Anyone play the Resident Evil 6 demo? Is it as bad as it looks here?
It's not good. The leon bit is actually the best one. :?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Anyone play the Resident Evil 6 demo? Is it as bad as it looks here?
It's not good. The leon bit is actually the best one. :?
Yeah, it's pretty terrible. And I'd say the only reason the Leon section is the best part is because it's at least somewhat playable. The other two are a fucking mess.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:Imagine if this was the thing to make him realize he has a serious drinking problem
Ha, stone cold sober when I wrote that. Maybe I need to get drunk to like the first game more. Actually, I've been drinking a lot less lately, which is probably why I was finally able to get beyond the first few hours of Borderlands this time without dozing off.

First RE isn't the worst thing ever in my book but 2 and 4 were just miles above the rest. Guess I'm a Leon Kennedy guy.
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

The Bill wrote:
riley-o wrote:Imagine if this was the thing to make him realize he has a serious drinking problem
Ha, stone cold sober when I wrote that. Maybe I need to get drunk to like the first game more. Actually, I've been drinking a lot less lately, which is probably why I was finally able to get beyond the first few hours of Borderlands this time without dozing off.

First RE isn't the worst thing ever in my book but 2 and 4 were just miles above the rest. Guess I'm a Leon Kennedy guy.
I consider myself a Leon Kennedy Purist.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote:It's not good. The leon bit is actually the best one. :?
Not sure if I can trust your judgment (Dead Space :awesome: ). It does look like a total turd and this is coming from one of the few people who really enjoyed RE5.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Wang Mandu wrote: (Dead Space :awesome: ).
god damn it
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

TheDOAD wrote:
DR. THRAXX wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:Borderlands 2 is cool. I beat the midgemonger boss or whatever then saved out. It does seem just like bigger borderlands 1 But i had a blast and didnt want to stop playing.
That's right about where I left off.

I love the game, and it feels a little better than the first. I do think I like how the first one looked a little better though.
I think it might just be the snow look wise that isnt as cool but its still nice. I did see some weird jaggies on the thick black outline around all the stuff in the world but not enough to bother me. I also ike how that thickness is constantly shifting in relation to where you are looking at something
so far I love it. and its without a doubt the best game I've played this year There is actually a story in this one. They took everything from the first one that was bad or outdated and made them better. Much less claptrap but when he is there it's entertaining and overall the humor is pretty good. A few seconds of blurred graphics while loading textures is the only downside I've seen but it's a fucking beautiful game when in a fire fight and shits exploding everywhere.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

The more I play BL2, the more I am really enjoying it. I'm doing every side quest, and really taking my time when I play single player, which is fun, but the co-op is way too fun.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Going back to the original Borderlands for a minute here. My friend was ranting and raving the other day that he was fine with the game until he got to the final (non-DLC) boss. He said the difficulty ramped through the roof and he could not beat it (like me, he played single player only). He doesn't remember if he did every single side quest, or not. Regardless, this worries me. What level do you need to be to take it on (I've got a good while to go to worry about this, I know) without throwing the controller through the TV? If this is some bullshit where you MUST play co-op in order to beat it, I may just junk the game right. I noticed that I had bought the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC sometime ago, so being that the enemies level with you, I could potentially level up there if I need some extra TOUGH to take on the final boss.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

DR. THRAXX wrote:The more I play BL2, the more I am really enjoying it. I'm doing every side quest, and really taking my time when I play single player, which is fun, but the co-op is way too fun.
Yea after we found Lilith I forgot to save so I had to go back and do it again and I'm glad I did I missed so much in that area and ended up with a fucking Gatling and an insane exploding eridium shotgun
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

The Bill wrote:Going back to the original Borderlands for a minute here. My friend was ranting and raving the other day that he was fine with the game until he got to the final (non-DLC) boss. He said the difficulty ramped through the roof and he could not beat it (like me, he played single player only). He doesn't remember if he did every single side quest, or not. Regardless, this worries me. What level do you need to be to take it on (I've got a good while to go to worry about this, I know) without throwing the controller through the TV? If this is some bullshit where you MUST play co-op in order to beat it, I may just junk the game right. I noticed that I had bought the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC sometime ago, so being that the enemies level with you, I could potentially level up there if I need some extra TOUGH to take on the final boss.
IDK what level you need to be at to beat the final boss. I've done it on solo with each of the four characters, it's not easy, but I don't think it was near impossible either.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

The Schwartz wrote:
DR. THRAXX wrote:The more I play BL2, the more I am really enjoying it. I'm doing every side quest, and really taking my time when I play single player, which is fun, but the co-op is way too fun.
Yea after we found Lilith I forgot to save so I had to go back and do it again and I'm glad I did I missed so much in that area and ended up with a fucking Gatling and an insane exploding eridium shotgun
I didn't even do that quest yet on solo mode, and I'm not sure if it is completed in my game or not because I joined your game and did it.

It's funny how we have completely different play styles. I'm kind of cautious going into a new area and always have my sniper rifle out, while you just charge in there. I'm sure it has to do with the classes we use, but it seems to work pretty well.

So far I've found 5 different purple weapons, I don't remember getting that many in the first game, but 3 I got were at early levels in the game and sucked completely.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Leroy Jenkins 4 lyfe dawg

You revive me more times than I kill people
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Girlfriend is using the living room TV. Can't play games WE'RE BREAKING UP, I'M MOVING OUT.
Fuck! I should have warned you shit like this would happen. I had this problem when I first lived with my wife. I would have to wait till she fell asleep. I also my PC was brand new and powerful at the time so I could always play PC games.

Fucking Samsung doesn't turn on. It just clicks non-stop. I'm pissed! Going to have to find an in house TV repair man now. FUCK!!
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Pisscubes wrote:Girlfriend is using the living room TV. Can't play games WE'RE BREAKING UP, I'M MOVING OUT.
"Honey, we need to talk...."
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
"...about buying a second TV."
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Blair wrote:
"Honey, we need to talk...."
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
"...about buying a second TV."
He does have two consoles. Bed room TV?
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Pisscubes wrote: the living room TV.
I guess that staement does imply the household possessing multiple televisions, but I'm guessing that old man cubes is probably already too sloshed to handle all the wires to move and hook up a console.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...or else he can't bear to go back to that old TV of his.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)