The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

DR. THRAXX wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:How in blazes do you guys play this without a mouse and keyboard? Maybe that's why you can't use sniper rifles very well unless you have aim assist on. Sniper rifles are the best. Especially early in the game if you get one with good elemental damage.
I found one sniper rifle with fire damage, but at that point my scoped revolver was doing more damage. I've only used the sniper rifle to pick off one person from afar, then usually all hell breaks loose and I'm forced to use faster firing and closer ranged weapons.
What class are you using. The only one I would think wouldn't be that great with snipers would be Brick in the first game. That's the beauty though is you can play anyway you want to in BL. I remeber in 1 I had a scoped SMG that did corrosive damage with a 2x scope and it was fucking awesome.
Well, I'm presently at level 19. I think Rolland is the gent's name (dude, with the turrets). I've only ever discovered fire and electrical damaging weapons. I've been doing every and all side missions I can before caring on doing the main quest. Still haven't done the main quest to kill the dude (don't remember the name) that's 9 Toes' and Bonehead's boss. I believe the side quest I was set to do next was kill Moe and Curly, or something akin to that.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, 3D Realms wants to do a Kickstarter... :lol: Might as well take your money and make paper airplanes out of it, as you'll get a better chance that your money will go towards something hands on you can play with this decade.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

DR. THRAXX wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:How in blazes do you guys play this without a mouse and keyboard? Maybe that's why you can't use sniper rifles very well unless you have aim assist on. Sniper rifles are the best. Especially early in the game if you get one with good elemental damage.

It's not that hard without keyboard mouse. I agree 100% that snipers are the best in this game. I have been carrying one with slag elemental, and then a combat rifle with high zoom with explosive elemental. I usually get a headshot with the slag one, but if not it's so easy to finish off with the combat rifle.

IDK anything about aim assist, if it's something you have to turn on then I don't use it. I didn't change any of the presets.
I've actually found that sniper rifles are even better in BL2 than BL1. I just found one that's basically an automatic assult rifle with electrical damage. I don't remember anything like this in BL1. I'm only level 13, but this is way better than any of the other guns I have.

I appreciate that they didn't make the weapons in this one character exclusive (with the exception of the assasin and sniper rifles). You can pretty much do whatever you want with any character class. I played as a Hunter in BL1 and I don't think I ever used assult rifles, shotguns, or rocket launchers. I'm having fun playing with everything. The game rewards you for using different weapon types with the badass points too.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

jesus christ borderlands 2 is long. i honestly thought i was on the last mission and... nope
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Ahaha, picked up a sniper rifle in Borderlands 2 whose special ability is
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
belittling you like your mother-in-law.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spent a couple of hours grinding... a boss... and finally got my first orange drop. a shield that absorbs 92% of all bullets that hit me and adds them to my inventory. :shock:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

what level are you at if you thought you were almost done because I've put quite a few hours in and don't even feel like I've started yet
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fuck! Now I have to see if I still have my copy of System Shock :

kotaku.com/system-shock/

Sigh! I'm having iPhone link pasting problems. I saw on Kotaku that a patch was released that let's it run on modern PCs at high resolution.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Schwartz wrote:hope youre having an nice vacation Riley
Thanks man I had a great vacation and I bought James a Batman necklace.

Should I go buy this ? Are you going to be starting a new character playthrough soon or are you doing a NG+ (is there a NG+) ?? I was sort of thinking about playing through Fallout NV and/or the MGS games again but I can do that any time
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Honestly I think Borderlands 2 is a must buy for everyone.

I got an awesome SMG when playing with Schwartz last night for a little bit. I kind of feel bad for taking it, but it was too fucking good to pass up. I tried leaving him another purple pistol to make up for it, but he didn't take that so I picked it back up again.

BL2 Scvmbag
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:
The Schwartz wrote:hope youre having an nice vacation Riley
Thanks man I had a great vacation and I bought James a Batman necklace.

Should I go buy this ? Are you going to be starting a new character playthrough soon or are you doing a NG+ (is there a NG+) ?? I was sort of thinking about playing through Fallout NV and/or the MGS games again but I can do that any time
I think I'm going to play FO:NV this winter. As for the fall I'm thinking of going creepy (crappy?) with RE6, Silent Hill Homecoming and the new DOOM 3 after I'm done with Borderlands. Oh, and Dishonored, of course.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I actually think Riley would really like BL2, it's a lot better than the first and honestly feels more like a Fallout game. The missions are varied and is more of a fully realized concept rather than the ambitious new idea from the first. And yes I will create a character for your playthrough along with the one I already have. just let me know who you are playing as so we can all have someone different.

I know you really didn't like the first one but this is really special game and a must buy for this gen
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I wanna play as the Siren next I think.

I've played with a guy using her, and phaselock is really awesome for a partner.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Honestly I think Borderlands 2 is a must buy for everyone.

I got an awesome SMG when playing with Schwartz last night for a little bit. I kind of feel bad for taking it, but it was too fucking good to pass up. I tried leaving him another purple pistol to make up for it, but he didn't take that so I picked it back up again.

BL2 Scvmbag

I was pretty pissed off but I guess its how the game is since it has better loot in MP but my name is Bartholomew Francis Gaynesford, I'm not playing with a pea shooter

and you did drop me an upgrade so it's all good
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Oh yeah, a rare class upgrade that I saved just for you.

I forgot about that. I don't feel bad at all anymore.... :awesome:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Note to self: If I ever find myself playing Borderlands 2 on the PS3 don't play with Molester. He's a dirty stinkin' thief!
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Not really a thief, but a scumbag.

If I find a bitchin' shotgun it's all Schwartzs.....he uses them, and I really don't care for them, I'd rather have a sub or pistol in close combat.

I'd even buy one if it were cool enough since I have a fuck ton of money right now in the game.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

all you have to do is run towards loot while Molester is clearing the room for you and always keep at least 4 empty inventory slots

I'm laughing at the idea of me, riley and rhydian playing together because it's going to be me and rhydian playing slot machines the whole time while Riley walks around with nothing to do
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I spent almost $70,000 on the slot machine on Saturday and got jack squat. about $40,000 back from selling the guns from it.

I know if you get 3 Marcus symbols you get a purple gun, but if you get 3 Borderlands symbols do you get an orange gun?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Man, the game has gambling for weapons? The more you dudes talk it up the more I want to play. Yet, I went ahead and bought the season pass, so maybe I'll wait till all that DLC is released.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Schwartz wrote:I actually think Riley would really like BL2, it's a lot better than the first and honestly feels more like a Fallout game. The missions are varied and is more of a fully realized concept rather than the ambitious new idea from the first.
This has me very, very interested.

Too many games.....
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

BL1 was a kind of crummy game saved by its charm and loot mechanics. 2 takes everything that worked and then fixes everything else. It's still familiar borderlands but better from head to toe. This is how sequels should be.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Alright already you assholes i bought it. Jesus christ
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)