The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by right over there »

james wrote:
right over there wrote:yeah, that's a really good deal. get WaterBuffalo quest ix if you like rpgs, i just crossed the 300 hour mark :oops:
No shit?? I only dumped about 60 into that one. I really liked it, but since it was impossible for me to really explore the multiplayer stuff in any meaningful way, I kinda lost steam when it came time to get into the post-game. I made sure to connect every few months to make sure it was updating itself with the DLC type stuff but I've never really gotten into any of it.
i mean, i have probably pounded out eighty to a hundred of those hours on planes, trains and buses, but i really love the way building up your characters leads to higher quality grotto maps, which in turn leads to higher quality loot. i'm not going to quit until i complete my alchenomicon.

most of the multiplayer stuff is dumb or impossible - you unlock about twenty-five alchemy recipes by "canvassing" for other players, but it only works if they are within about fifteen miles of you. the dlc store is actually updated every day, with weekly and seasonal themes.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

15 miles?! Dude I don't know where you live or what hardware you're running the game on, but good god - I played the game on a DS Lite, and I would've had to have been within the same room as another person for any of that stuff to work.

What I missed out on the most was simply getting good or interesting grotto maps from other people - I understand that that was a huge component of the game in Japan. The game is fucking brilliant and has enormous potential and it's just so well-engineered and thoughtful, but that entire aspect of it was essentially unavailable to me. The tagging thing with any DS game just never took off in the US at all.

I've been playing DS games for about 8 years now I guess and I've never once gotten a hit with any game that uses wifi tagging. Sucks.

I played around with hacking the game a bit but it felt very hollow and kinda sad.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

right over there wrote:oh, and gog.com has another massive sale going for the next two weeks.
On a related note, CDProjekt Red's next game, Cyberpunk 2077, is going to be open world. :mastoman:

Star Citizen looks really cool but I'm not sure about the whole "give us money so we can get more investors" spiel. :confused:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lhug: With Prey 2 likely dead, I'm so pumped for this game. It is a dream game. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is how they'll translate the combat mechanics of a pen and paper rpg to a video game. That's not an easy process at all. On the other hand, CDPR is one of the best studios for crafting a great non-linear story, world building and character design so no worries about those aspects.

Press release:
Warsaw, 18 October 2012 – CD Projekt RED has officially announced the title of its in-development role-playing game. "Cyberpunk 2077" will be set in the world created by Mike Pondsmith, one of the fathers of the cyberpunk genre and the creator of the cult-classic pen-and-paper RPG, Cyberpunk.

"The Team has to love the material. The Team has to want to be faithful to the material. The Team has to have the skills to execute the material and see that vision through to the end. They have to be on fire with the desire to make an extraordinary game.

And that leads, at last, to why we hooked up with CD Projekt RED" – Mike Pondsmith commented, why he has chosen to work with the Polish game developer.

The cyberpunk atmosphere, well known from William Gibson's novels, the "Blade Runner" movie and the famous pen-and-paper game, "Cyberpunk 2020", will surround the player. The creators promise that "Cyberpunk 2077" will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre. Players will be thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 and into a world where advanced technologies have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity. A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players (a CD Projekt RED trademark) will take place in the sprawling metropolis of Night City and its surroundings. Players will have a chance to visit places well known from "Cyberpunk 2020", including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.

Freedom of action and diversity in gameplay will be delivered thanks to the sandbox nature of the game and mechanics inspired by the "Cyberpunk 2020" pen-and-paper system, fine tuned to meet the requirements of a modern RPG. Gameplay will pump adrenaline through players' veins and be consistent with the celebrated Cyberpunk spirit – rebellion, style, edge, uncertainty. And of course, a cyberpunk reality cannot be deprived of murderous steel – guns, rifles, implants, dozens of gadgets and other varied pieces of equipment needed to survive on the streets of Night City. The developers are focused on making the technology of 2077 credible and exciting.

For more info please visit the newly launched blog: cyberpunk.net and read some articles written by both the developers from CD Projekt RED and Mike Pondsmith himself.
Concept art
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

:mastoman:
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Yeah, I saw this and think it should be awesome also. I mean, if Witcher 2 is anything to go by.

I was playing BL2 last night and some dude had a hack that 'fixed' the slot machines at Moxxi's bar to only spit out Orange weapons. Now THAT shit it crazy.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

"Sandbox" is always a red flag for me, but then again, it's CDPR, and they have yet to get anything seriously wrong. I expect this to be the game DX:HR should've been.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

:shock: :lol:

That 007 Legends game doesn't ship with the final level. Apparently, the last level is DLC. Free DLC, but DLC none the less. The game has various levels based on different Bond films through out the years, and the final level is Skyfall. And they're not releasing the Skyfall level till after the film comes out. They released a game mid-October (a short game at that), that can't be properly finished until sometime in November.

Just WOW!!!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:The reviews for that game have been so bad as to be entertaining.
A debacle like this really should mean no more James Bond games for a long time. Of course, that won't happen.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Possibly hot now but this guy....

is this guy...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

:lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fuck all new releases, I'm playing this stupid ass shit Halloween:

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Played through Journey again last night. If you haven't played this I really can't recommend it enough; it's such a beautiful, moving game.

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:Possibly hot now but this guy....

is this guy...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

:lol:
I do legitimately like some of his music but how anybody can take him seriously as a person is beyond me
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i really like how genuinely miserable and hopeless and normal xasthur comes off in that vice thing. pretty weird to even see any of those dudes on camera.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote: I do legitimately like some of his music but how anybody can take him seriously as a person is beyond me
Oh I do too..except that last album. I think the general rule regarding metal musicians, especially black metal, is to take none of them seriously.

The Vice doc has been suprisingly good so far. Who knew Striborg guy is married with a kid. I kind of want to give Malefic a hug and buy him an ice cream cone.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Pisscubes wrote: Golden Cat mission
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Killing the mark for that mission would have been such an act of mercy. :shock:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fallbacktostone wrote:i really like how genuinely miserable and hopeless and normal xasthur comes off in that vice thing.
hah yeah. i really don't like xasthur but it was weirdly refreshing to see how earnestly awkward and depressing he/his life is. not like wrest who is just a normal dude who tries to act all grim and kvlt
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah it's here :lol:

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i guess i should clarify that i don't like how miserable he is but you know what i mean. i kinda feel for the guy and have related to fucked up dudes, depressed dudes, who were my friends that are just like him. he definitely reminds me of people ive known growing up. kinda wish i liked his music more now.. :oops:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

yeah that too. i mean i remember people just turning on him as soon as nocturnal poisoning was in metal magazines and he was being praised as an american varg or something stupid like that. he was hated for being ahead of the curve. even if it was just by a little.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

yeah, in hindsight it is sort of hard to believe how much hype xasthur had at one point.

as a jumping off point for art, i usually prefer rage to depression. the exception being people who are depressed not because they've been let down by other people (which is a sort of arrogance) but because they don't understand other people/themselves.

:wank: :confused: :brokenheart:
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Look, I know you've been over this before but there are SERIOUSLY people who just play Dishonored by going to the mark and killing them? I just spent hours on the Golden Cat mission and it was awesome. Why WOULDN'T you do all the cool side stories that aren't even side stories-- they lead to more story!
I just finished the first mission, and I'm four hours in. And I still feel like I half-assed it and should've explored more. The game almost makes me resent the stealth aspect sometimes because I wish it was easier to get around and see everything.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So this costume ball mission in Dishonored...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I got upstairs without triggering an alars, or at least I think I must have because I was still able to sneak up on the guard on the balcony and choke him out. At some point upstairs I did trigger the alarm and had to shoot my way through a ton of guards. When I got back downstairs, all the party guests were kneeling and begging for help. Eventually I found the note that proves which one of the Boyle sisters I was looking for (which I didn't need anymore at this point really, you can figure it out), and at that moment a sign pops up telling me I'd assassinated her. WTF? I guess I'll just restart the mission, but that kinda seemed like a bug.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

man, bioshock looks significantly better than the last time i saw it
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do