The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Friendly Goatus »

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

watch this instead
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

electronicham wrote:I can't believe I just watched that
was it because of the part where he makes out with a worms butt for a minute and a half?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

^^ fucking n00b
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

JUST WATCH IT YOU FUCK
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Anyone playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? Heard it's pretty fun and it's only $25. I might have to try this out soon.
Was playing this last man standing game, and in the end it was me vs four of them. They manage to corner and surround me, but then surprisingly 3 of them stand aside and start cheering the fourth one while he fought me by himself. What? :O After I kill him, once again only one of the other 3 walks forward to fight me while the other 2 keep cheering us on without interfering! Wtf this is awesome! The chat starts going wild at this point and my heart is racing. I kill them one by one until there's only one, he puts away his weapons and does a "come at me" taunt with his bare fists. I accept the fistfight challenge and we punch the crap out of each other for a while until he defeats me. I love this fucking game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Strange weekend, I played a bunch of games but feel as though not much progression was made.

Dishonored: Finally beat the first real mission. I think I tried to explore every inch of that level, from roof tops to tunnels. Great game, but I still suck at sneaking, and always end up slaughtering people. I think the death count was at 18, when I completed it, whoops! Anyone puts ruins into possession? It seems like that power is mostly for fucking around and doing wacky things.

Borderlands 2: Finally made it to Sanctuary after grinding one certain section over and over because I've been disappointed with my current guns. Still not thrilled with them, but FINALLY I have a sniper rifle that I consider good. I went through most of BL1, and this game without one I've liked till now. It even has a bayonet, which makes a lot of practical sense in this game.

Doom 3 BFG: Just threw it on to see what it looks like. Textures and animation have not been touched, so it still looks really old. Lighting, though, is top notch, maybe better than some other current AAA titles. Unfortunately, I find that better textures make a game look better than better lighting.

Serious Sam 3: Played it for just a little bit, a tiny bit. I never even got a gun, because the level lay out was confusing and i got stuck :oops: :fp: The game also starts with what maybe the worst opening cut-scene of this generation of games.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Woke up at 3am puking and shitting. :-|

So, at least I get to sit on the couch and play Dishonored today instead of work I guess. Just got out of some kind of coma and am now pushing my way through the Physicians mission. I'm usually a story guy when it comes to games but thus far it hasn't bother me one iota that this game doesn't really have a real story.
I had the Flu all last week and I'm still not 100%. Ever since I started the game I got sick. I think Dishonored gave us the rat plague via subliminal energy beams coming forth from the TV.

DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Has anyone tried the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale demo?

I haven't played any games in a week or so, and forgot this was out already. At first I had zero interest in this title, but the more I read/see of this title, the more I think it will be a lot of fun to play. I was going over move lists for the announced characters this morning, and the game seems pretty deep.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The Bill wrote: Anyone puts ruins into possession? It seems like that power is mostly for fucking around and doing wacky things.
It can be hard on your mana but possession can make for excellent crowd control. Room busy with guards, possess one from cover, drive him over to secluded area, jump out right behind him and choke out. Rinse and repeat. Finished my second high chaos playthrough last night, even then didn't bother with the offensive spells like whirlwind or rats. Blink/possession/agility and no one's stopping you.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Haven't tried Possession on humans yet, but I don't see the advantage over maxed-out Bend Time, really. Does it last significantly longer?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

It lasts a couple seconds shorter actually. Useful if you want to position guards in front of their own bullets. I did need it to get the four crossbow kills in a second achievement.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:After spending most of the game being polly-anna I just murdered about 20 people in the Dunwall tower mission :|
I made it through that one relatively kill free, but wait'll you get to the next mission... I couldn't do it. Slaughterhouse time.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:How the hell do I get into the radio tower? Where is the key??
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
You don't need the key, there's a way in through a staircase past one of these bugzapper pylons. You can slip by it with Blink, at least if you have it upgraded. Actually iirc there's no way to get the key otherwise, there's just one next to the door on the inside so you can get out faster.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

OH!!!

Now that looks like a play-style I can get behind. As I suck at stealth, but rule at show boating violence. Under the table slide :shock: I had no idea.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I'm mostly just trying very hard to keep the number of rats and weepers down and get the "good" ending which I guess is the low chaos one. Once done, I see myself going back through the thing killing everything.
I got nutso again and watched the Low Chaos ending on youtube. I won't say anything about it other than I really could care less for that ending, so no reason to beat myself up over ending the game with low chaos.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Wang Mandu wrote:>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE&hd=1<

Watch it on mute.
i'm way more excited about this than i planned to be.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

just bought this. let's see how it is...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

ha I ghosted the tower mission and then killed everyone after the boring uninspired played out turn in the end.

overall I'd give it a 7/10 it has some really good new ideas for gameplay but it's also mixed with some of the worst half-assed piece of shit executions

Sleeping Dogs and Borderlands were better by miles

and Bioshock looks fucking awesome but I still feel reserved in excitement after the huge delay
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah the mass exodus from the development team doesn't fill me with the greatest sense of confidence either

hotline miami is fucking ridiculous. in a good way. the screen wobbles as you walk. your guy pukes at the realization of the horrific acts of violence he's just committed while you slowly get seasick to the sight of fading neon pink and blue lights and hazy synthesizers
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:hotline miami is fucking ridiculous. in a good way. the screen wobbles as you walk. your guy pukes at the realization of the horrific acts of violence he's just committed while you slowly get seasick to the sight of fading neon pink and blue lights and hazy synthesizers
Awesome. Will buy that soon. Is it as hard as reviews are saying?
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:
copstache wrote:hotline miami is fucking ridiculous. in a good way. the screen wobbles as you walk. your guy pukes at the realization of the horrific acts of violence he's just committed while you slowly get seasick to the sight of fading neon pink and blue lights and hazy synthesizers
Awesome. Will buy that soon. Is it as hard as reviews are saying?
Holy crap yeah it is. But like super meat boy hard, it expects you to fail and you're not punished for it. You just instantly start over. It's definitely worth checking out
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta is fucking amazing. I am really really impressed with this game even given the small sample of characters and stages they've put on the beta. It's obvious that the development team loves the genre, and hiring Seth Killian away from Capcom to lead this project shows that.

I dismissed this game as a Smash Bros clone right away and had just a little interest. Of course it is a Smash clone, but it's so much more, and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. The fact that they have meter in this game changes the formula. You can stock three bars of meter and do different attacks depending on what level you are. Level 1 attacks usually kill one person and are quick, level 2 attacks seem to have a greater range or more power depending on the character, and Level 3 attacks are guaranteed kills, and are ultra powerful. Sly's for example is sort of like Snake's from SSBB where he can take a certain number of pictures and if your character is in the frame you die. PaRappa is he just goes into a rap and all characters on screen die (kind of sucks IMO, but guaranteed kills). Kratos you get a big ass sword and tear shit up, but Sweettooth you turn into a mech bus with guns and flames, and it's pretty cool to see.

There is no training mode in the beta, so the first few matches I got destroyed by people who have been playing for a week, or were abusing Radec's, or Krato's ranged attacks, and I was trying out all the characters. They are all balanced very well. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, except maybe Kratos who is ultra balanced, but not overpowered. So far I've had the most fun playing with Fat Princess, and Kratos, I wanted to love PaRappa, but haven't figured him out yet. Sly seems really good at keeping people away and annoying the shit out of you. Sweettooth is a big brawler who needs to get in to do good damage.

After just a few hours with this beta I am going to pre-order this game without any hesitation.

Anyone on PSN who wants to play the beta I will be down. My handle is RetroHangGlider if you don't have me on there already. I'd love to play in some games where we can actually try new things instead of going to war right away.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Hated RE6 the first few hours of play, but once you get used to the mechanics and the over the top plot, its pretty fun. The game has the most annoying enemies in the series, however. Also, the item manager is terrible, and the leveling system feels too dated to enjoy.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It was driving me crazy whom the girl in the trailer reminded me of. Not sure it's the correct answer but Perri from Doctor Who seems a good one:Image