Strangest bands you've met.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Strangest bands you've met.

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

I saw Alex Chilton at a club in Lawrence, KS about 15 years ago. After the show I went into the dressing room to grab something my buddy who opened up for him had left in there. Alex was standing in the middle of the room, pissing on the floor. There was a perfectly adequate and clean bathroom 5 feet away from him that was unoccupied with the door wide open.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
buenoallthetime
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by buenoallthetime »

In high school I worked at a small produce market that Dimebag Darrell would frequent. He was always wearing something like a shitty Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt and cut off camo cargo shorts. He was a nice enough guy, but he usually had this really gross looking girl with him. The type that would wear a completely unflattering white cotton sun-dress that didn't leave enough to the imagination. Oh and he drove a black Escalade.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

this isn't so strange as it is kinda stupid:

played a show with the supersuckers who were allegedly good pals with a friend of mine. he walked up and said 'hey you guys want to meet eddie spaghetti?' not really sure how to answer i said 'i guess so'

we walk into the back stage area where the great eddie spaghetti had yet to put on his stage gear. however, on the table next to him all set up nice and neat was his cowboy hat, sunglasses, and hair dye so he could darken up his goatee before he hit the stage.

my buddy introduced me to him and i said hi but being the rock star that he is, he couldn't stop texting long enough to say more than 'hey'. my buddy who claimed to be such good pals with him barely elicited a response out of him either. i was embarassed for my friend and couldn't bear to watch him suck up to this nothing happening faggot so i hightailed it out of there fast. his stage gear all set up like a disguise was pathetic and made me feel stupid for accepting a show with them.

p.s. other than the first two albums.....i hate the supersuckers. hard rockin' country punk for the tribal tat gang. fuck em.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

p.s. they had a $3000 dollar guarantee.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

La Mano Cornuda was great. Everything else sucks.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

buenoallthetime wrote:In high school I worked at a small produce market that Dimebag Darrell would frequent. He was always wearing something like a shitty Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt and cut off camo cargo shorts. He was a nice enough guy, but he usually had this really gross looking girl with him. The type that would wear a completely unflattering white cotton sun-dress that didn't leave enough to the imagination. Oh and he drove a black Escalade.
Are you talking about Rita Haney?

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

a.k.a ashtray cunt
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

After a Dead Milkmen show I stumbed across guitar player Dave Blood-- and gave the typical --but sincere- haye man great show! He seemed more shy and awkward than his awkward personality anyway, like I had lobsters coming out of my ears (now that I think of it, I had a white long sleeve t-shirt covered in blood--think Mob Rules cover--hmm...maybe I did freak him out.)

years later dude kilt himself.

The End.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Eric Wood from MitB/Bastard Noise is one of the craziest dudes around. He's really nice and intense when you meet him but I've overheard him rambling some crazy shit to a promoter and I always love his onstage meltdowns.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Kevin from Behold the Monolith is really nice and down to earth.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

the singer of Cute is What We Aim For came into my work to buy materials to build a box for his weed. He talked to me about Inception, which i didn't give a shit about. I still haven't seen it. He then started talking to me about music, which slowly creeped about his band. He told me his band name, and I told him that I have never heard of his band, and he seemed completely disappointed.

I looked them up and this video has over 14 million views.

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

zombiehead wrote:the singer of Cute is What We Aim For came into my work to buy materials to build a box for his weed. He talked to me about Inception, which i didn't give a shit about. I still haven't seen it. He then started talking to me about music, which slowly creeped about his band. He told me his band name, and I told him that I have never heard of his band, and he seemed completely disappointed.

I looked them up and this video has over 14 million views.

only made it 23 seconds, but that blonde must be thinkin', Why couldn't I have just been in a dokken video...
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

hahah
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

man, they are awful.. does anyone besides chicks actually listen to this stuff?
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

give chicks some credit man. also give the band (and moms) some credit for watching their own video 14,000,000 times.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Geeheeb wrote:give chicks some credit man. also give the band (and moms) some credit for watching their own video 14,000,000 times.

yeah--- chicks are way more into kenny chesney that that fruity stuff.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Geeheeb wrote:Kevin from Behold the Monolith is really nice and down to earth.
:cheers: :lhug:

Kevin from Oily Menace is neither oily nor menacing
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I just crack up picturing your reaction to Chris Holmes say "damn right that's cool" to you. Hahahahahahha.
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

HR stayed at my place for a month or so when we were jamming with him.

He smoked weed and jerked off to CP when we weren't practicing or hanging out.

Made sense why he loved Hanna Montana.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Always heard HR was a scumbag. Last time he played in Lawrence he ended up doing a month in the county jail for assault and battery on someone in the crowd. Was told his band mates were just like "good... Fuck him" and went home.
elephants gerald wrote:
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

sounds about right
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

gustavprom wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:42 am
BUNGVOX wrote:
gustavprom wrote:Not a band but Jandek is a bit odd and also a bit of a dick
i've never understood the appeal to be totally honest.
One of my bands was on a weird bill with him in Moscow. He arrived with a headless bass ala Geddy Lee circa 1984 and improved with some local noise/experimental types. He basically jammed on one or two notes for 25 mins and he didn't even bother doing any vocals. In fact, the local players were pretty good but made the thing somewhat annoying. He also seemed completely inept about how to use a basic bass amp combo and got kinda pissed off when one of the guys in my band pointed out that he was about to trip over a patch chord. All the local artfags :mastoman: and :bean: over him though.

Ill body
/
Ill will
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

this doesn't really count as weird behavior but I drank at an empty bar with david yow once and it turns out he's exactly what you'd think he's like

was with some friends once and dave brockie showed up high or drunk as fuck, was weird for like 10 minutes and then nobody knew where he went
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Geeheeb wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:52 am Kevin from Behold the Monolith is really nice and down to earth.
Fuck
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

all the time
Image Certified Poster