The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Wang Mandu »

Want to start this game back up so bad. Must..wait...until..August.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

riley-o wrote:it's the biggest flaw in these games that you can't play online with friends. i've heard some wishy-washy defences of it but nothing at all worth even considering
i agree, it blows. demon's souls worked perfectly, but i assume that's because it used dedicated servers instead of P2P. after the last dark souls patch it's easier to find specific people, but still dependent on luck. you might have to put your soul sign down, quit to main menu, repeat, several times before you show up in a specific person's world. i'd try to help anybody out with anything though (SL120, so the other person would need to be like 108 to 132, i think).

it also leads to massive inconsistency as far as people summoning you/you summoning people except in a few situations. it sounds like the PC version will fix some of that though
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i just want to be able to play this through the whole game 2-4 player with my friends. this bullshit coward excuse of "but it ruins the ambiance of the game and how alone you are !!" :wank: :wank: :wank: is just so thoroughly logically bankrupt. first of all, if that were the case then why can i summon people to help. i am now no longer alone. second, if it ruins it for you, then don't use it. play it by yourself. problem fucking solved.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Riley, I know this is going to make me sound like the mother of all douchebags, but I kind of feel like the fact that you don't agree with this is tied to the fact that you didn't like Demon's Souls. As I've said before, I've always thought that game's biggest strength was its 100% cohesive game world, down to all the game's mechanics forcing you to interact with it on its own terms and in a way that makes sense within the context of its lore. Death was real, you couldn't turn back the clock on anything, etc. And the way summoning works is a part of that. Dark Souls doesn't do any of this nearly as good as Demon's Souls, so it kind of seems like changing the summoning system wouldn't be as big of a deal because there are other logical problems anyway.

So, in conclusion, shut you mouf, new guy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:So, in conclusion, shut you mouf, new guy.
:wank: :wank: :wank:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

dude i beat them!!

i was all

fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying :invcross:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:lhug: :pizza: :rhug:
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

fallbacktostone wrote:wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying
why the country is fucked in a nutshell
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

fallbacktostone wrote:wrote one of the toughest papers of my life this weekend and it only made me depressed when i realized how good it was compared to how much i stressed over it.

this is easily ten times more satisfying :invcross:
Hahaha. The Souls experience. :tup:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

badgevvrecker wrote:

this is easily ten times more satisfying
why the country is fucked in a nutshell
:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
(was going to scroll but apparently the maximum number of smilies allowed is 10? :wank:)

shitting on fbts in his moment of triumph is really unacceptable man. that's low even for you
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Apparently that's dummfuc's new thing now. He's discovered that videogames are an unproductive pastime, and now he's prancing around the gaming threads basically telling everyone that he wishes they were as ambitious as him. I mean, really, you too could have 1000 dollarbux saved up by the end of 2012 if you could just, y'know, stay away from them thar viddyagames. He also told me I should've spent the time I put into playing the ME series practicing drums. To accomplish what, I wonder.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

so what is everyone going by as far as hardware goes

I rocked the Gravelord mothermother for a long time and haven't found anything I quite like as much. My current run through was fucked up by some asshole during online play so I started another with the goal to pick up every weapon in the game
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i've been using the great scythe+15 for a while since i have a dex build and it scales really well. buff that with crystal magic weapon and it's brutal... maybe 1,000 damage for the heavy attack? can't remember, but close to that.

what sucks is it's sorta slow, which is probably why i still can't beat four kings on NG++ :?

definitely am going to start a strength/faith character at some point though
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i switch a lot; mostly i use quelaag's furysword because it's super fast and gets decent damage, but anyone with fire resistance i switch to +15 longsword or +5 crystal parrying dagger for stick and move. i lean much more toward pyromancy than sorcery or miracles; i sort of spread myself too thin across the board putting points a lot of places so my intelligence and faith aren't high enough for sorcery or miracles to really be worth the risk.
Gravelord mothermother
LOL
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i'm thinking about putting up my stats here for anyone to make judgements about it and tell me where they think i should go. i'm around 65-66 and at the pace i've been speading my points i might fuck things up for myself. its not like i want to be told what my guy should be but if theres problems ahead i'd rather avoid those..

after beating fuckstick and anus the first thing that occured to me was to go see tapeworm dude and i placed the lord vessel(which was fucking HUGE :lol: ) but according to my friend i completely fucked myself out of getting into an amazing covanent. and i'm totally sick of that kind of shit..
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

riley-o wrote: +5 crystal parrying dagger
Gravelord mothermother
LOL

I was confident this would be noticed

also is this something you made or is it found in the game because this sounds like something I could get behind
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i laughed
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

fallbacktostone wrote:i'm thinking about putting up my stats here for anyone to make judgements about it and tell me where they think i should go. i'm around 65-66 and at the pace i've been speading my points i might fuck things up for myself. its not like i want to be told what my guy should be but if theres problems ahead i'd rather avoid those..

after beating fuckstick and anus the first thing that occured to me was to go see tapeworm dude and i placed the lord vessel(which was fucking HUGE :lol: ) but according to my friend i completely fucked myself out of getting into an amazing covanent. and i'm totally sick of that kind of shit..
just don't put any points into resistance and decide between strength or dexterity and intelligence or faith (or neither if you just want to use pyromancy), then vitality and endurance as you see fit. you probably already knew that though. ring of favor and protection makes up for not boosting vitality/HP also.

there aren't many weapons that reward you for leveling up both str and dex, so that simplifies things. i think the sword you make from sif's soul requires almost level 20 for str/dex/int/faith, but i don't know how powerful it is or if it's worth spreading your stats out just for that
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Schwartz wrote:is this something you made or is it found in the game because this sounds like something I could get behind
i made it 8)
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

fallbacktostone wrote:after beating fuckstick and anus the first thing that occured to me was to go see tapeworm dude and i placed the lord vessel(which was fucking HUGE :lol: ) but according to my friend i completely fucked myself out of getting into an amazing covanent. and i'm totally sick of that kind of shit..
hahahaha yeah i love for all this talk of amazingly internally consistent world your dude isn't drunkenly wobbling underneath the weight of that shit or dragging it like the stone of triumph

the covenant you missed out on is really something you shouldn't even do until a NG+ playthrough imho
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

man I still haven't even messed around with that covenant yet
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
you have to go through the new londo ruins and kill the dude who cures curse before getting the lordvessel to get the ring to cross the abyss, then kill the four kings. you don't even really get a lot out of joining most covenants honestly
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

the darkwraith covenant is mostly cool because you get the dark hand which lets you suck ridiculous amounts of humanity out of some NPCs without killing them, so you can kindle every bonfire to +20 flasks really easily if you want to, open the shortcut to izalith with the chaos covenant, etc.

and if you give 10 humanity to kaathe you get the red eye orb and can invade people an infinite amount, if that's your thing.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: hahahaha yeah i love for all this talk of amazingly internally consistent world your dude isn't drunkenly wobbling underneath the weight of that shit or dragging it like the stone of triumph
Wrong game. Shut you mouf, new guy.