The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:Shut you mouf, new guy.
how does it feel that the new guy will be the only guy on the board with platinums in both of these games ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

:awesome:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:
how does it feel that the new guy will be the only guy on the board with platinums in both of these games ?
You'll probably get it before me, but I'll be damned if you'll be the only one. I'll get it done. I just need to play through TW2 a dozen times first. *cough*

Seriously, though, the unlimited inventory and the magically disappearing Lordvessel are two good examples of how I think Dark Souls sadly abandoned some of the internal consistency that was so awesome about Demon's Souls.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

riley-o wrote:
i rebought demon's souls and i've been putting in several hours a night just farming shit. i'm close, riley. couple pure stones and i'm there. we'll see... we'll see.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
riley-o wrote:
i rebought demon's souls and i've been putting in several hours a night just farming shit. i'm close, riley. couple pure stones and i'm there. we'll see... we'll see.
Wait wait, are you saying you have it for Dark but not for Demon's?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

That was like 2 pages ago new guy
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

it's fucking horseshit that demon's isn't ever coming out for xboss.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:Wait wait, are you saying you have it for Dark but not for Demon's?
yeah, i had no luck with the pure bladestone and a couple others a few years ago when i first played it, so it's just because of a few rare drops. i'm gonna make it happen though. just finished teaching for the semester so i have nothing to do but whatever it takes to establish my supremacy
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
also if someone would just be nice and trade me some stones i'd really appreciate it 8)
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i rebought demon's souls and i've been putting in several hours a night just farming shit. i'm close, riley. couple pure stones and i'm there. we'll see... we'll see.
which ones do you have left to get ? i can just drop them for you if you want. i understand if you've put that much time into farming that you want to just get them for yourself though too. i'll almost certainly get the dark souls platinum tonight though. here's what i have left to do:
-one run-through of the catacombs to join gravelord servant covenant and level up to get miracle trophy
-one run-through of the tomb of the giants to get white titanite slab for occult weapon trophy
-go trade sparkly an ascended pyro glove for a red titanite slab for fire weapon trophy
realistically that's a bunch of suicide runs through the fucking goddamned cunting pinwheel skeletons. the tomb of the giants run is really really easy and i've only got a couple levels before ascending the power glove so that won't take longer than a couple minutes.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

riley-o wrote:which ones do you have left to get ? i can just drop them for you if you want. i understand if you've put that much time into farming that you want to just get them for yourself though too.
that would be fucking awesome man, especially the pure bladestone. that's the one i've spent a ridiculous amount of time on and i honestly don't think it's ever going to drop. there are a few others i need but i haven't tried to farm those as much since i knew getting the bladestone would be the tough one. i'm gonna try for some of the others first since i'm enjoying getting back into DeS, but i'll PM you or message you on PSN sometime soon to see if we can trade at least the bladestone. i can't even remember my soul level in demon's souls, but i have two characters so hopefully one of them will work.

but yeah, you've got the platinum in the bag. did you have to farm for any rare weapons at all? you fucking blazed through those trophies, damn.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i am immortal. i have inside me blood of kings.
i have no rival. no man can be my equal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

In case someone hasn't heard, DeS NA servers are shutting down May 31st. Time for one last run, methinks.

weept
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

welp have gotten most of the boss weapons and the Golem Axe is my new jam but everything else is fucking garbage

definitely one of the main areas were Demon's Souls is superior
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

`
spacehamster wrote:In case someone hasn't heard, DeS NA servers are shutting down May 31st. Time for one last run, methinks.

weept
I only made it about halfway through before some difficulties arose and I lost my game file but how central is the multiplayer to finishing the game? If it makes a considerable difference I'll probably try to rush a playthrough in the next month.

If there's even still people on the servers I guess.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

totally not required.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

oh boy, here come a bunch more platitudes !
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I really wish you played DkS on the 360 so I could make some sort of comment about the unwashed masses and all that.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i wish you had beaten even a single + NG+ so people could at least try to take your criticisms even a little bit seriously
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

new guy's making a valid point here
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

My save file became corrupted at the bonfire right before Gywn. Why on earth should I put the effort into trying to finish this game again?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

just lost 60k in the archives over one excessively long range cheap head shot arrow out of fucking nowhere.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

bring friends man trust me
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Ghost Dad wrote:My save file became corrupted at the bonfire right before Gywn. Why on earth should I put the effort into trying to finish this game again?
that blows :? did you quit directly to the dashboard/xmb (which i guess can cause that) or did it just corrupt for no apparent reason?

but if you do restart, you'll be surprised at how much easier stuff is, especially if you just level up vitality and strength and overpower most of the enemies
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

The Schwartz wrote:bring friends man trust me
was this directed at me? did i have any hope against seath there orrrrrr

wtf