Re: special james thread

Post by Necrometer »

:mastoman:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

hey jame what do you think of this guys story telling skillz

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

guardianoftheblind wrote:hey jame what do you think of this guys story telling skillz
I would totally play that game.

WiiU will learn game - nobody in the game comes out of the womb with game skills, you learn game skills because you want shit but don't have it yet. Hungry dogs keep sniffy on the streets, wet noses wiggle to learn the scent. PS3 been eating long enough now. Ribs is touching wait not advised. Fuck around getbit. Platesnatch3
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Wicked Klown Kop is a new breed of law for the grim future street. WC gesture streamlined to single-hand technique. Shows advanced and deadly level of ninja skill. Mixtape forthcoming. Pen for writing down license plates of hot sluts. Fuckin justice how does that work. Magnet9
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

hey james one time this terrible band opened up for enslaved and the stupid singer who sucks was all "this next song goes out to--" and was immediately cut off by my awesome friend yelling "THE WICKED CLOWNS" and they just looked all sad and started the song that was gay. whatever asshole that shout out was going to got screwed. it really was a life changing moment for me and i felt i should share it with you.
formerly ghost boner
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I have been sitting at my computer slowly shaving all the yellow off a lemon for a while. It's basically mummified now and I think it is immortal. This is a picture of it nesting in $2000 because he's a rich lemon. I'm jame
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I don't trust any damn lemon with that much cash. No, sir. No way.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:My hemorrhoids don't like this lemon.
That's the second biggest shaved lemon surrounded by money I've ever seen!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

James, is it murder to kill a cyborg if their mind is completely run by software? Is it murder to kill a robot that has evolved to think like a person? James! James, is it murder if a robot kills a person?
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

guardianoftheblind wrote:Image

that's horse shit. there's been multiple times alfred has been kidnapped etc. :betternotstartanyshit:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

]
Last edited by james on Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

The Bill wrote:James, is it murder to kill a cyborg if their mind is completely run by software? Is it murder to kill a robot that has evolved to think like a person? James! James, is it murder if a robot kills a person?

I've never found a working definition for either life or consciousness that I think is satisfactory, so it is a pretty unanswerable question really - but whatever life is, I do not believe that it could be brought about intentionally via machinery.

If life came about on this planet through abiogenesis then I suppose it would be possible to recreate the necessary conditions artificially.

I don't believe it could ever be proven that life can be created abiogenically, though - any experiment proving abogenesis would be conducted by human beings, and therefore would not be abiogenic. It undermines itself

Throwing all that away though I absolutely do believe that human beings have free will and can craft genuinely new things/thoughts in the universe which are not the result of predetermined fatal input - and although I am terrible at math I think that it is probably impossible to use software to create anything like that, since (at least at the present) it all revolves entirely around limited computation of already-existent input...

so basically no matter how convincingly you make a hard drive scream 'no no do not disassemble i am alive please i love my dog' it will never really be murder to put it through a band saw

and I don't think a machine killing a person is murder.... cyborgs don't kill people, people programming cyborgs kill people

I think it is all really pretty well put out in Frankenstein, although I disagree with all the romantic anti-hubris stuff that the story is actually trying to push.

also nobody I talk to ever thinks that a genetically engineered brain in a vat would count as artificial intelligence which I think is dumb.... why's it gotta be an r2d2 to count eh???

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I think that this is sort of the entire point of Terminator 2... John spends the entire time desperately trying to make the robot human, and at the end the robot sorta proves that he is not... "I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do" is not just a cool line.

The entire movie is about the reality of free will I believe, although it requires time travel to really make its argument, I think it is trying to disprove determinism via robot bullets. The robot has no soul and cannot alter its own destiny (programmed to destroy itself), although Sarah remains hopeful that she can.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Excellent! Most excellent!

I offer the theory, of positive thinking. A machine cannot do this because a machine can be programmed to act positive, yet it can never believe in it. Yet, why? A bunch of I's and O's.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

James, no mention of self-awareness ? It's of course not necessarily an essential element of life but anything capable of being self-aware would necessarily be alive.. I think ?

It doesn't seem that far-fetched to me that a self-aware computer could somehow come into existence. Anything self-aware is capable of making conscious choices; therefore an argument, a solid one, could be made that the only real murder is a self-aware being taking the life of another self-aware being. I think by that definition, if "a robot has evolved to think like a person", which I'm assuming includes making conscious choices, it would be murder to end their existence.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I think that self-awareness is a function of metacognition, which can't result from any programming that I have ever heard of or could really conceive of...

Cognito ergo sum has to come after cognito, which can't arise from 1010101010xanything ever
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Dibs on the supervillain name Cognito
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james wrote:but whatever life is, I do not believe that it could be brought about intentionally via machinery.
:false:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning