One Of Many Accounts

Re: Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by elephants gerald »

I don't think HE knows that he's coming back yet
pAppY
CYBORG TAX COLLECTOR

Post by pAppY »

spacehamster wrote:Knife fight needed Benny Hill theme.
:lol:
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Walt must have known the cops were listening when he called the house, right?
I mean, Jr. called them right in front of him, .
of course. he had to put on that act to help keep skylar and fam from being incriminated. He was careful with every word...didnt explain what actually happened to hank because that would put the fam further in danger. When he called skylar a bitch he started to lose it, but was able to keep going with the act to convince the cops. whatevr
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

that could be it.

also: his little revolver is still out there in the desert.
show hasn't left a loose end, yet...it must come back into play.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Masochrism wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Walt must have known the cops were listening when he called the house, right?
I mean, Jr. called them right in front of him, .
of course. he had to put on that act to help keep skylar and fam from being incriminated. He was careful with every word...didnt explain what actually happened to hank because that would put the fam further in danger. When he called skylar a bitch he started to lose it, but was able to keep going with the act to convince the cops. whatevr
This is exactly my take on it. He totally put on a show for the cops (with Skylar) to protect his family, including not saying what really happened to Hank.
*burp*
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

...you don't think she was in on it, do you?
He was coming to grips with the loss of his family during that conversation, I think.
When they didn't believe him with regards to Hank, that was it; there was no going back from that.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

No, I definitely don't think she was in on it... just clarifying.
*burp*
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

it does seem as if "Walt" is mostly gone...but that was the last "good" thing walt could do for his family...other than disappearing out of their lives. And it was heartbreaking to see that he and skylar had an unspoken understanding of what was happening. but they could not acknowledge it. during the last time that they would (probably) ever speak. fuck.
pAppY
CYBORG TAX COLLECTOR

Post by pAppY »

Now I wonder if he ever intended to keep his daughter, or if he deliberately took her to get a phone tap, etc on their phones so he could "plant" the call to try and make it seem like Skylar wasn't in on any of it.

Bummed this show is ending, but glad it's going out on a good note! I literally woke up this morning 2 hours earlier than normal so I could download it and watch it before work.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

pAppY wrote:Now I wonder if he ever intended to keep his daughter, or if he deliberately took her to get a phone tap, etc on their phones so he could "plant" the call to try and make it seem like Skylar wasn't in on any of it.
I hadn't thought of that, but I bet you're right!
*burp*
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

pAppY wrote:Now I wonder if he ever intended to keep his daughter, or if he deliberately took her to get a phone tap, etc on their phones so he could "plant" the call. .
exactly what i was just thnking about. watching the episode i felt that it was an act of evil, or some fucked up sense of self-preservation. but it would make sense if he kidnapped the baby to purposefully make himself look more evil to the outside world. so that the police etc would empathize with the family more.

but, the scene where he's chaniging holly's diaper and she says "Mommy" a few times...to me that gives away a moment of realization where Walt suddenly understands that he has crossed the line. The line he's been defending this entire series.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Yeah, notice all the tears and breaking down and shit before the last scene...
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:
pAppY wrote:Now I wonder if he ever intended to keep his daughter, or if he deliberately took her to get a phone tap, etc on their phones so he could "plant" the call to try and make it seem like Skylar wasn't in on any of it.
100% sure that's why he did what he did.
ImageImageImage
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

milkmandan wrote:
bloodybloodlicker wrote:
100% sure that's why he did what he did.
Totally, he's not that stupid to think the cops weren't there.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

of course he wasnt stupid enough to think the cops werent on the line. but that doesnt mean his motivation to take the baby was to make the call more convincing., or that he even knew he would make the call when he took the baby. It seems to me that he cooked up that plan when he realized what a dick he was being in kidnapping holly.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

i figured he was trying to cut ties with his family as best he could - give them every reason to hate him (as if they needed more, but it's his way of coming to terms with abandoning them), and on top of that, keeping the feds from looking for any other guilty parties in Hank's death. he could have absolved himself, but chose not to. that keeps the cops from putting his family at further risk by pursuing the guy who pulled the trigger.

the holly thing... I think he was just reacting out of emotion. he figured she might be valuable, took her, and came up with the plan later. not sure he would have ever hurt her, but she was an ace in his hand when he had nothing else.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Masochrism wrote: that doesnt mean his motivation to take the baby was to make the call more convincing., or that he even knew he would make the call when he took the baby. It seems to me that he cooked up that plan when he realized what a dick he was being in kidnapping holly.
yup.
Fact #7
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

caldwell.the.great wrote:i figured he was trying to cut ties with his family as best he could - give them every reason to hate him (as if they needed more, but it's his way of coming to terms with abandoning them)
I think it was equal parts protecting his family as it was pure rage at Skylar for turning on him. He let himself go a bit, but in that situation, he could allow himself to.
Fact #7
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Fact #7
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

jesus...fucking...christ

that was amazing.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I don't know why you guys are discussing that, it was pretty obvious Walt knew the police was there and he said what he said to protect Skyler and it was pretty obvious Skyler understood what Walt was doing, that's why that conversation was pretty much devastating for both of them. Walt trying to be Heisenberg while crying deep inside was hard shit.

RIP Gomez RIP ... you were a good guy.

Fuck you Hank but I respect you died like a man.

I wish Jesse kills fucking Todd with a painful cooking accident.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

That cold opening was so heart breaking and sad. :(

The show began, and now is fading away. :(
Last edited by ThePhillyExperiment on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I like Todd. He's got this gentleman monster thing going on that's pretty intriguing. I just hope we see him unhinged at some point.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Todd is going to rape Lydia.

Walt's talk to Jessie was cooooooooold blooded. So good.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL