Breaking Bad on AMC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Re: Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

DR. THRAXX wrote:The ending of this show should have been it's defining moment...
Can I ask why you have that opinion? I'm not being sarcastic or snarky, I'm genuinely interested to hear what you think could have or should have happened that would have been the "defining moment" for a series that has already been ground-breaking and mind-blowing consistently throughout its six year run. I was hoping for a good episode to conclude on, one that wouldn't leave a lot of loose ends, and one that was true to the characters and the story, and I think that's exactly what I got, but I'd like to hear why you think the ending should have been the defining moment. I can't think of many other shows that were defined by their ending, save The Sopranos, and most people would argue that it was the defining moment for all the wrong reasons.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
godofdeadlydeath

altars of radness wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote: Overall, it felt like fan service and Walt dying because of a stray bullet was kind of cheesy.
But it wasn't just a stray bullet; he got tagged trying to save Jesse, which actually makes the final few minutes even cheesier. I thought the episode was really good, probably the best one of the second half of the season, but with the nazis getting smoked, Jesse getting freed, Lydia dying and even the music they chose for the final couple minutes, it overshadowed just how many lives have been completely destroyed, which is way too forgiving.

Nothing was going to live up to season 4, though. They painted themselves into a corner when they blew Gus' fucking face off.
RE: The stray bullet. This was actually foreshadowed back in Season 3, when Walt and Jesse were cornered in the RV by hank. The light from the bullet holes outside the RV was shining on Walt, right in his stomach, where one of the bullets hit him last night.

This show was always about Walter White, not the victims or the people's lives he destroyed. We got to see how his actions affected his family and all his business associates, but in the end, it was about him. I watched this show because it was smart, well-directed, well-acted, well-written, and above all, entertaining. I never watched this show to be some sort of social commentary on the war on drugs or the lives of those affected by the drug trade. Sure, Walt "won" on his own terms because he died never having been caught by the cops, but to say that's a cheesy or easy ending, I don't agree with that at all. I feel like this modern age of TV has made critics and viewers so jaded, that predictable has come to always be equated with bad or lazy. In the case of this show, I predicted much of what was going to happen in this episode, but it never felt like fan service; it felt like what was logical and right for the characters and for the world that has been created.

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I really liked the measured pace and general quiet tone of the episode - they really cashed in big on the fact that so many great things had been set up that almost nothing needed to be said.

It was definitely too safe and predictable, though, and about as close as the show could've come to a happy ending. All things considered, Walt won. Which is only a teeny bit daring if you expected the whole thing to be a morality play about how crime doesn't pay. Walt got pretty much what he wanted from the start, it all just turned out to be a bit more messy than he thought.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
godofdeadlydeath

Zerohero wrote:honorable mention, that shootin' gun contraption was a nice nod to Taxi Driver gizmos in the hands of mr. big brainiac.

ya know, for aryan nation bros, that hillbillie family didn't say a racist thing the whole show...
Kind of funny, considering Hank used to throw around "Beaner" all the time, right to Gomez's face

Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:RE: The stray bullet. This was actually foreshadowed back in Season 3, when Walt and Jesse were cornered in the RV by hank. The light from the bullet holes outside the RV was shining on Walt, right in his stomach, where one of the bullets hit him last night.

Fuck off
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Spin off episode: Jesse rapes Brock
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

yeah...Jesse didn't escape off into the sunset, all he has to look forward to is life in prison. I assume they nabbed him pretty quick what with the compound being stormed with cops minutes after Jesse left. I agree that the Gus arc was by far the best part of the show, I felt let down by the end...
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Give Lydia's poisoning some credit - best part about it was Todd's fucking ringtone :lol:
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Not disappointed with the finale really, but I think most people agree that the better moments of this season were before this episode, and the previous season had a better finale too... which is amazing because the end of season 4 was written and filmed as the possible end of the show, so for them to write a final season like this after they were unsure if they would continue with another season is something I give them a ton of credit for. I thought these last 8 episodes were some of the best moments of the series.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I liked the ending. It was disappointing but only because the series was ending, and not because of the content. I think trying to introduce something new or genuinely surprising into the last moment of a story that had run its course would have been too big of a risk. I'll really miss this series.

PS Jesse gets away. This show didn't have space ships and wizards in it, but that doesn't mean that it's ever really played by real world rules. As a fan I really wish that we could have seen him receive some sort of Valhalla ending where he escapes to paradise forever - it seems a bit peculiar to see him being given the reward of freedom from the slavery that we only saw him endure for a few episodes towards the very end of the entire narrative. Obviously he is also free from Walt now, but he's still been through absolute fucking hell and I just don't know how he's going to run off into the world and find anything meaningful... I don't know.

Loved seeing Walt with the lab equipment.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Hahaha. Safe?! Yeah sure, if you read the ending at face value and assume Walt flat out "won." Think about his family, the people he killed, or his relationship with Jesse for more than 20 seconds and Walt's victory seems small compared to the havoc he wreaked. The real victory is that he went out with part of his Walter personality in tact. He wasn't just Heisenberg or some comic book super villain.

There's so much he loses, but because the show ends with Walt redeeming himself just a tiny bit (it's still totally selfish), it's safe and people are stupid for enjoying that?? Did everyone miss Ozymandias? Do you really think he made up for all that in the last episode? Fuck no. He just barely squeezed out a shot at protecting his family.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

jesse guy is going straight to jail

I'm I reading all these folks talking about YAY!! jesse U get away!!

and ToO Bad Jesse don't get his money now he's a free man!!

he's fucking fruit loops and driving 230432840 mph... no need to even show or debate him getting picked up by the fuzz.

the only "loose end" is if that yuppie couple will deliver that loot to the fuzz or the flynnster.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
godofdeadlydeath

james wrote:I liked the ending. It was disappointing but only because the series was ending, and not because of the content. I think trying to introduce something new or genuinely surprising into the last moment of a story that had run its course would have been too big of a risk. I'll really miss this series.

PS Jesse gets away. This show didn't have space ships and wizards in it, but that doesn't mean that it's ever really played by real world rules. As a fan I really wish that we could have seen him receive some sort of Valhalla ending where he escapes to paradise forever - it seems a bit peculiar to see him being given the reward of freedom from the slavery that we only saw him endure for a few episodes towards the very end of the entire narrative. Obviously he is also free from Walt now, but he's still been through absolute fucking hell and I just don't know how he's going to run off into the world and find anything meaningful... I don't know.

Loved seeing Walt with the lab equipment.
I always thought that Jesse's hell was his association with Walt. Walt is now gone, Jesse was able to defy him finally by NOT killing him, and that burden that has ruined the last two years of his life is now gone. Will be he damaged forever as a result? Absolutely, but that temporary euphoria of his initial freedom is all we really need to see for his "happy ending," and I was fine with that.

The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

episode definitely needed more big tits and fat guys eating sandwiches.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i rather felt that it ended exactly as it should have.

skinny pete and badger fucking rule so hard.

walt's last conversation with lydia was a thing of beauty.

i have no gripes.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:i rather felt that it ended exactly as it should have.

skinny pete and badger fucking rule so hard.

walt's last conversation with lydia was a thing of beauty.

i have no gripes.

if todd was so sweet on miss lydia, I don't see why team deliverance didn't just grab and gang rape her

Soy milk latte in cunt.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Did Patrick Duffy get fucked in the ass? I thought Walt's wife was sweet on him...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Bunch of television experts itt. Impressive.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

swastika shaped dick fits well in lydia's cunt.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I liked the ending. I wanted more, something more real and a little less fairy tale redemption wrap up, but it was still good and a little heart breaking (walt with his daughter was brutal). Walt intimidating Gretchen and Elliot into holding a trust for his son was probably the best part of the episode.
Warpsmasher wrote:Image
where the hell did this come from? I saw this yesterday before watching the episode and thought I had a plot twist ruined. I was so pissed, mostly because that would have been fucking stupid.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

dude did you completely miss the 'walt using science to cure vampirism' subplot?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I hope it was something "leaked" by the creators to trick people into thinking it's a spoiler

that would be fantastic
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I also didn't like how Todd went out. I was really hoping for something more frightening about him than just a emotionally retarded theodore cleaver with mommy issues. the way he just peeked out the window after the machine gun fire and said "Mr. White!" like a surprised school boy... so much potential lost in his character.