Breaking Bad on AMC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Re: Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Friendly Goatus wrote:where the hell did this come from? I saw this yesterday before watching the episode and thought I had a plot twist ruined. I was so pissed, mostly because that would have been fucking stupid.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/heres-wh ... st,103184/
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

well never mind then
pAppY
CYBORG TAX COLLECTOR

Post by pAppY »

Zerohero wrote: the only "loose end" is if that yuppie couple will deliver that loot to the fuzz or the flynnster.
What's our confirmation that Walt died from the gunshot, and wasn't just laying there injured when the fuzz rolled in?
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

pappy, don't be a smartass.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

dddd
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

caldwell.the.great wrote:The real victory is that he went out with part of his Walter personality in tact. He wasn't just Heisenberg or some comic book super villain.
What was the deal with him talking to himself like gollum and making a deal with the devil(?) in the first scene?
Image Certified Poster
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

sometimes you need a lil guidance from sweet lord hitler.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

HAHAHAHA HITLER HOLY SHIT THATS STILL FUCKING FUNNY
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

featherboa wrote:
caldwell.the.great wrote:The real victory is that he went out with part of his Walter personality in tact. He wasn't just Heisenberg or some comic book super villain.
What was the deal with him talking to himself like gollum and making a deal with the devil(?) in the first scene?
talking to himself like Gollum?

it was Vince Gilligan's way of foreshadowing Walt's intentions I guess - like he thought there was enough karmic energy in the universe left for him to get back to New Mexico and save his family.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Friendly Goatus wrote:HAHAHAHA HITLER HOLY SHIT THATS STILL FUCKING FUNNY
Forever a classic...
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The Jim Rome of comedy.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I enjoyed it.
Honestly, I don't need every series to destroy my fucking soul with its final episode. And I especially don't need some bullshit M. Knight Shyamalan twist, either.
It was safe, but it was also good. The entire 2nd half of this season has already been so crazy that I think it was a realistic end to what has happened.

I think the only thing that I was sad was that it wasn't longer. Would have liked a solid 90 minutes to flesh it out a little more, but that's just me being greedy. It didn't necessarily need it. I just wanted it.
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

That's what she said.
This Means War
The Brutality Continues...

Post by This Means War »

ungodlywarlock wrote:I enjoyed it.
Honestly, I don't need every series to destroy my fucking soul with its final episode. And I especially don't need some bullshit M. Knight Shyamalan twist, either.
It was safe, but it was also good. The entire 2nd half of this season has already been so crazy that I think it was a realistic end to what has happened.

I think the only thing that I was sad was that it wasn't longer. Would have liked a solid 90 minutes to flesh it out a little more, but that's just me being greedy. It didn't necessarily need it. I just wanted it.
+1

Also - Call this number:

505-842-4205

Do it.
hard paranormal dong wrote: one of these days im going to upload my fist onto the internet, i just hope one day you accidentally download it.
This Means War
The Brutality Continues...

Post by This Means War »

dominichorton wrote:busy signal :(
Try again. Worked for me.
hard paranormal dong wrote: one of these days im going to upload my fist onto the internet, i just hope one day you accidentally download it.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

heh
http://www.avclub.com/articles/of-cours ... ak,103228/
UPDATE: Since some jerk website posted the number, causing the line to get all tied up with busy signals, we'll just tell you what happens. The number leads to a voicemail greeting read by Robert Forster. Proving that, as we learned last night, "vacuum cleaner repair" is not just a term of art, Forster briefly talks about his services and gives you the store's hours, then asks you to leave a message—though it hangs up on you before you get the chance to do so, leaving you forever stranded with your problems. Anyway, listen for yourself, if you can ever get through.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Cryptoplasty wrote:The Jim Rome of comedy.
I wonder....

is that worse that The Dennis Miller of Sports Broadcasting...

[push]
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I would take Dennis Miller over Jim Rome any day, and that's saying a lot.

Jim Rome is one of the worst people alive for a variety of reasons that don't need to be discussed in this Breaking Bad thread.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

god i love this so much
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was just dumb to expect the last episode to act as a "finale" - they were making an epic here, and you don't end an epic with some silly twist on the last page. If you look at Ozymandias as the "finale" and this as the denouement, it all works beautifully. And I'm sure once I watch the whole last season again in one sitting, it'll work just fine.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

If you were a nobody and you were going to die soon and suddenly you get power I bet you would embrace it with full force.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Am I missing something here?
I think the point is that he's overcompensating for what happened with Gray Matter Industries. He starts out as a middle-class underachiever, feeling like a failure. He's had his life's work and his college girlfriend stolen from him by a guy who was supposed to be his friend, and now he's an overqualified schoolteacher that gets humiliated in front of his friend by his macho cop brother in law. When he becomes Heisenberg, he's doing something that matters in a twisted way, something only he can do because of his knowledge of chemistry, and people are intimidated by him. He likes that too much to let it go. And if you've watched until the end...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
...that's why he finally comes to the realization that he didn't do it for his family, but for himself - "because I liked it, and because I was good at it."
So past a certain point, it's really not at all about the money anymore, but about the thrill of finally being somebody, even if that somebody is a murdering drug lord.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Thanks for spelling gray correct in this instance guys.

Fucking drives me insane when others in here were calling it "Grey Matter". I have no idea why, but it bothered me.

I'm with Pisscubes about The Sopranos though. Looking back at that show, the writing is amazing. Breaking Bad is great too, but not quite on that level IMO.
Last edited by DR. THRAXX on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

grey/gray....neither is wrong regarding the color IIRC.