The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

but i hope it's not true :?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i paid 74 bucks for the snes mortal kombat back in the day..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Wasn't one of the awesome things about these new systems how much quicker and easier it is to program for them ? :confused:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and it had different fatalities that were safe for kids and grey sweat squirts instead of blood.

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

chrono trigger was like 80
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

I remember paying 60 for it on sale... didn't buy it until six months after it came out though.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

N64 games were up around $90 and some even more. I remember virtua racing for genesis coming out at $100. It was just the cost of producing the carts and the cost of shipping compared to discs. I'm glad those days are mostly gone.

I've played through a few games lately. Played through dmc and it was pretty awesome. The fight with bob was one of the coolest things I've seen this generation by far. Way better than metal gear rising, which I also finished. It was ok, but it just looked kinda shitty and it was too damn easy. Except the final boss which was so fucking cheap I nearly broke a controller. Tomb raider was alright. Started to drag on a little bit, but it wasn't bad for being a total uncharted rip off. Head shotting people with the bow felt nice. Lastly I'm playing crysis 3 right now. Not really enjoying it, but I've just played a little bit of the multiplayer so I haven't unlocked any weapons or anything yet.

I also decided to region mod my sega genesis to play a few mega drive games I have. So I put a switch on there to switch from NTSC to JPN NTSC. For the hell of it I switched the power led from red to blue. I also swapped the one on my nes from red to an rgb one that cycles colors. Things you'll do out of boredom.

Games
i like to dissect women
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i wasn't the only kid dumb enough to drop $100 on virtua racing, right?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

abdominalpillaging wrote:I've played through a few games lately. Played through dmc and it was pretty awesome. The fight with bob was one of the coolest things I've seen this generation by far. Way better than metal gear rising, which I also finished. It was ok, but it just looked kinda shitty and it was too damn easy. Except the final boss which was so fucking cheap I nearly broke a controller.
:lol: Nah, young shaver. The reason it looks shitty is the framerate is twice that of dmc but I guess something trivial like that is lost upon you console heathens. Last boss ruled, separates the scrubs.

And fuuuuuuck $70 games, especially when you'll have to fucking pay to play online or even download a demo the day it's released. $70 = I'm out or waiting for price drops for all games. I'm already kind of sick of paying the console tax on digital PC games, an extra $10 will make me want to download now and buy later at $5-10.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Wang Mandu wrote:
abdominalpillaging wrote:I've played through a few games lately. Played through dmc and it was pretty awesome. The fight with bob was one of the coolest things I've seen this generation by far. Way better than metal gear rising, which I also finished. It was ok, but it just looked kinda shitty and it was too damn easy. Except the final boss which was so fucking cheap I nearly broke a controller.
:lol: Nah, young shaver. The reason it looks shitty is the framerate is twice that of dmc but I guess something trivial like that is lost upon you console heathens. Last boss ruled, separates the scrubs.

And fuuuuuuck $70 games, especially when you'll have to fucking pay to play online or even download a demo the day it's released. $70 = I'm out or waiting for price drops for all games. I'm already kind of sick of paying the console tax on digital PC games, an extra $10 will make me want to download now and buy later at $5-10.
No I can easily discern frame rate differences. Frame rates do not bother me as long as they're locked at least 30. Funny thing is, even with mgr running around 45 in spots dmc was far more responsive control wise. Not to mention I've played dmc running around 150fps down sampled from 1440p running 8x msaa. Especially at that it shits all over mgr. mgr just isn't made as well as I expect from platinum. Not to mention mgr on hard difficulty didn't even last 5 hours.
Last edited by abdominalpillaging on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like to dissect women
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

We will have to agree to disagree. It's crazy to compare a downsampled PC game to a console game. In Platinum's defense, they pretty much saved that game and created it in less than a year and a half.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Wang Mandu wrote:We will have to agree to disagree. It's crazy to compare a downsampled PC game to a console game. In Platinum's defense, they pretty much saved that game and created it in less than a year and a half.
No, I know that comparing them directly is crazy. I'm just saying Dmc is a much better game overall. It is impressive that they developed mgr in such a short time considering they basically threw out everything fox team had developed and started from nothing. After bayonetta I expect more from platinum, and what we ended up with was pretty mediocre. Not to mention that mgr out cornied the entire devil may cry franchise in one fell swoop.
i like to dissect women
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

FVBTVS wrote:and it had different fatalities that were safe for kids and grey sweat squirts instead of blood.
i'm reading masters of doom right now and it said nintendo lost an estimated $100 million to sega because everyone bought the bloody version instead. (so nintendo made mk2 even bloodier than the sega version...)

oh, and i'm glad i got to quote you

because at one point you mentioned the gabriel knight puzzle where you wrote on the tomb wall with the brick.

THAT'S the bad-hard example for all time.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah pretty much. what the fuck was that..

I have 8 children.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

right over there wrote:i'm reading masters of doom right now
I really enjoyed the book. There's some really cool videos of the iD office while they're actually developing doom on YouTube you should check out.
i like to dissect women
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

A good dad would have told his girl that women have no place on a construction site...
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Speaking of gender bamingz, what was the implied rape scene in Tomb Raider that everyone was so offended by?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:Speaking of gender bamingz, what was the implied rape scene in Tomb Raider that everyone was so offended by?
I think it's implied at the beginning when that Russian binds her hands.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i'm pretty far in, and i've yet to see a rapey scene
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, apparently the Russian guy groping her for about half a second was it. Oh well.

I'm a few hours in and quite liking this game. It's nothing mind-blowing or anything, just nice to look at and fun. And definitely better than Uncharted 3, although it has its fair share of annoying story-forced QTE sequences as well.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Nah, wouldn't want to patch Aliens or release some sort of redemption, Gearbox. Lets release some more BL2 DLC instead. I guess it doesn't matter personally as I sold it already. Gearbox should get the rights to Shenmue III and Starcraft: Ghost.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

abdominalpillaging wrote:
right over there wrote:i'm reading masters of doom right now
I really enjoyed the book. There's some really cool videos of the iD office while they're actually developing doom on YouTube you should check out.
yeah, i like it too, although it doesn't seem he had much of an editor - every few pages he reintroduces things he previously mentioned as new information.

i went on youtube to find robin williams on letterman talking about playing quake, but it isn't out there.

luckily, this is :fp:
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I see that these next two weeks feature the release of the PS3 and 360's golden boys, or GOWden boys, consecutively. Man, and I could care less. Probably the only two AAA action titles I didn't pre-order for this year. Gears is extremely doubtful, but maybe I'll pick up God one day dirt cheap after I finally play through the PS2 releases. Any-who, that leaves me two weeks to beat Tomb Raider, or should I say two Fridays. It's possible I can grab an additional hour or two else where. All attention will be paid to Bioshock. Obey Bioshock.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:
oh god yes :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
still can't get over how awesome this is. really excited about the map/mission editor too.

I need it now
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Interesting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/11/ ... -pre-order

Basically a little console that works with steam and can be upgraded.

It's a great idea. But the price isn't practical for something that only does games.
Yeah, interesting. Still too many questions. Is it Windows, Linux, Other? Can it only play Steam games and not G.O.G. or emulated MAME stuff? And if it is Linux, doesn't that desperately shorten up Steam's older catalog? No disks means no No One Plays Forever, or Undying right now