Nerdly Board Games?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Nerdly Board Games?

Post by james »

a world of no wrote:ugh.. you provided a bullshit reason that was obviously uninformed angsty childish and pedantic.
More adjectives, no points! Nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-six methods of execution remain available to you!
a world of no wrote:i'm sorry if i didn't give you the requisite 400+ word counterargument that your diseased psyche requires to go to sleep and forget about shit, but i just honestly could not give less of a fuck anymore.
You should be! All that my diseased, younger brain (which is clearly in better working condition than yours) would have required here is an argument. You do not have one. This isn't the sort of thing that can even receive a definitive argument - it's an issue of taste. The only treatment we can give it is discourse, and I absolutely love discussing this stuff with you guys! I don't mind when people think things that I don't think! You should adopt a similar perspective and stop badgering people in every thread, padawan!
a world of no wrote:stop posting in this thread.
I will not! But I will not continue disrupting it with this selfish, valueless exchange. Half-orc cleric Jame decrees that ye are henceforth Foe'd; I will no longer be able to see words that you write. +2 short sword of misery claims another victim - goodbye internet nobody!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

ugh... i was drunk and sleep deprived last night. i'm not bothering with this stuff anymore for two reason:
1. despite appearances i do not want to fight with james (and your replies in this thread make me feel bad for goading you last night)
2. despite appearances i hate arguing legitimate stuff that i enjoy on the internet, because it always sucks. always. everyone that participates in shit like that instantly and utterly sucks all semblance of fun out of the topic, rendering it a useless boring shell by which the participants fuel their argument ego.

i'm going study a few hours and then play call of cthuhlu today with the wife. i'm very much looking forward to it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
no hit points
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

a world of no wrote:i was drunk
:vuvu:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

no excuse. i was on a tear last night. unfortunately i feel like i broke james with that comment on his psyche. i feel bad about that now. i feel bad about ruining one of my favorite threads. just lots of regrets at this particular moment.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

oooooooooohhhh ive been there too. often surprised at how lucid my arguments were considering...
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

It's been a while since I've checked into this thread.
Sorry... my iPhone refuses to take photos in focus anymore.

Shadows Over Camelot
I loved it. Will definitely be playing this one again. Fun, not overly complex... but still engaging for all.

Cards Against Humanity
Always a fun party game. Just ordered myself a copy + 3rd expansion.

City of Horror
I wasn't in love with this one. That said it was a first run through and the owner hadn't really gone through a full game before. It's another zombie invasion game. Didn't hook me... but will try again once the rules feel a little more natural.

Munchkin Cthulu
Had friends with kids over and played this. I had heard good things about it. It's an alright party game but it didn't change my world.

Settlers of Catan
I've had so many people tell me how great this game is. I totally didn't understand the hype after playing it. I was totally winning and wasn't really having much fun doing so. Maybe I need to give it more time... but I totally wasn't feeling it.

Mage Wars
Loving this game right now. It's similar to Magic™ but with board movement and without the need to empty your bank account. I haven't delved into building my own spellbooks just yet, but I can see that adding a new fun dimension to the whole thing. It removes the dumb luck aspect of Magic™ and gives you the ability to cast any spell you can afford out of your entire spellbook. Highly recommended.

Dungeon World
I'm really loving DW. I'm currently playing two different campaigns with two different GM's. One as a Chaotic Elven Ranger and the other as an Evil Human Fighter. I can see how this game would be VERY dependent on a good GM. I happen to have 2 of them... so it rules. It's essentially a dungeon crawl version of Apocalypse World.

I've mentioned this one before, but it was out of print for a while and found it on Amazon and just picked up my copy.
Super fun party game. Love it. Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards Duel At Mt. Skullzfyre.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
As yet to be named card game
I've been toying around with a card game off and on for the past few months. I've got a couple weeks off of work and am trying to get a playtestable version done in that time. Wish me luck!

If you care to hear me drunk on a podcast with my girlfriend talking about gaming and metal, check out the Jankcast we were on here...
http://jankcast.com/archives/2245

I'd check out some of their other episodes too if you're into nerdly pursuits. I've discovered a lot of games I wouldn't have via their podcast. I've got a running list of stuff I still need to check out because of them. I don't dig on the AP casts... but the others I'm totally down for.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Assplay!!! wrote: As yet to be named card game
I've been toying around with a card game off and on for the past few months. I've got a couple weeks off of work and am trying to get a playtestable version done in that time. Wish me luck!

If you care to hear me drunk on a podcast with my girlfriend talking about gaming and metal, check out the Jankcast we were on here...
http://jankcast.com/archives/2245

I'd check out some of their other episodes too if you're into nerdly pursuits. I've discovered a lot of games I wouldn't have via their podcast. I've got a running list of stuff I still need to check out because of them. I don't dig on the AP casts... but the others I'm totally down for.
awesome! if you need playtesters once you get it developed enough let me know.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want in on that, too
Hostage Grenade II wrote:Plastikman is actually not made of plastic
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

Playing Mage Knight tonight for the first time since last hurricane season. I'm really just bumping this to make it that much easier to leave this godforsaken page in the past. Help me.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

Idget Child wrote:Playing Mage Knight tonight for the first time since last hurricane season. I'm really just bumping this to make it that much easier to leave this godforsaken page in the past. Help me.
:tup:
What Mage did you end up playing as?
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

TOVAK
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

Are you confusing Mage Knight with Mage Wars perhaps... or is it one of the expansion Mages (which I don't have yet)?

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

has Kevin's Kabin Konvalescence begun? eager for deetz
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

Assplay!!! wrote:Are you confusing Mage Knight with Mage Wars perhaps... or is it one of the expansion Mages (which I don't have yet)?
Tovak is front and center on that Mage Knight box. Get real.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2qamid5.gif[/img] wrote:i want backjammon reports mon
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

FUCK THOSE NERDS I CAN HALP

Really quick game that can work for two-players: Blink

Slightly longer but not too nerdly:

- Carcassonne (but can be more)
- The Pillars of Earth
- Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries (2-3 player version and frozen by icewinds)
- Quirkle (also accommodates for more than two players)
- Ingenious (see above)

You could always collaborate with her and play Forbidden Island...

If she keeps losing to you, tell her to stop being so god damn stupid...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

starts tomorrow, picking up 1/2 barrel keg tonight.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

Idget Child wrote:
Assplay!!! wrote:Are you confusing Mage Knight with Mage Wars perhaps... or is it one of the expansion Mages (which I don't have yet)?
Tovak is front and center on that Mage Knight box. Get real.
I misread your original post... My brain read it as Mage Wars on the last page as I had just posted about it.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

TheDOAD wrote:hahahaha

also while this is up top, What's a good game for me and the old lady to play together 2 player that is not too nerdly? Easy rules and she can win sMOetimes (i always win)

EHAM AND STEVE HALP
carcassonne as mentioned
gloom
haggis

does she like game of thrones(no longer nerdy)? if so, the hbo a game of thrones card game is pretty fucking sweet. i picked it up on sale this winter and have been playing it with semi-gaming fans of the show. it's basically a simplified version of the living card game made by fantasy flight, with pretty photos of the actors and shit. 2-player only. play as stark or lannister. plays 30minutes to an hour.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... ard%20Game

best part is if she digs it you can get and play the full version of the game (best). win.

that's all i got right now.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

Jaipur is an awesome 2p game. lil racist but whatevs
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

kevin. bumpdates.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

did too much shit before the sun went down and were too tired to bame much, played egyptian rat screw, apples to apples, and euchre. without electric light it was too dark to play much shit, and we were keepin' it real.

honestly we just talked and joked, hadn't seen each other in so long that was best in life.

rocket stove worked okay. gonna look at woodgas stove.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

thread is dead without doad and eham. :(

haven't played much of anything lately but netrunner and some magic. no time for hour+ games.

Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

just played settlers of catan for the first time- had a gay old time flinstone stylee. :tup:
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

I've only played Catan a couple of times.
That said... Do not understand the lure.