The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Happy and disturbed that Tomb Raider has a far superior shotgun compared to DOOM 3.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Chrono Jigga

Jay-Z/Chrono Trigger mashup

hahahhaha

http://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/chrono-jigga
Hah! Random (Mega Ran) has a Chrono Trigger EP or album or something in the works. This is great! So far sounds like it's put together a bit better than the Team Teamwork releases too!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:Happy and disturbed that Tomb Raider has a far superior shotgun compared to DOOM 3.
I very well may end up getting this on the way home after reading some more reveiws. sounds pretty straightforward, but pretty damn fun.
It's awesome. Yet, I wish I waited until after Bioshock to play it. Tomb Raider is like fine wine, and should be savored, but I need to rush it because I'm stricken with Bioshockmania and need to play that ASAP. I'm not a fan of juggling two games at the same time, unless one game is mindless fluff like WWE, or Serious Sam or so and so.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Which one of you dirty Mohammed anal fingering A-rabs are playing this game?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck ... of-terror/
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I think I am around half way (maybe more) into Tomb Raider and so far it is awesome, the combat system totally fits my gaming style, I hate permanent cover-and-shoot and I prefer running around shooting left and right non-stop, this game totally discourage permanent covering and shooting.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Krieg wrote:I think I am around half way (maybe more) into Tomb Raider and so far it is awesome, the combat system totally fits my gaming style, I hate permanent cover-and-shoot and I prefer running around shooting left and right non-stop, this game totally discourage permanent covering and shooting.
Almost right away a bunch of fire arrows taught me the folly of Gears of War style combat in this game. I'm grateful for that. I hope the peek-a-boo cover shit dies like the monotonous fad it is.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

something else that's cool about tomb raider's combat are the combo-like moves you can pull off when enemies get close to you. throwing sand in someone's eyes, popping them in the knee and then finishing them off with a shotgun blast to the face never gets old. it's especially awesome compared to the absolute joke that was the uncharted 3 melee 'system' :fp:
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yeah, as awesome as the uncharted games are, fuck does the melee system blow
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:yeah, as awesome as the uncharted games are, fuck does the melee system blow
I don't think I've had to resort to melee outside of stealth kills yet. I'm pretty good at the jump/roll away and shotgun/pistol/arrow to the face. Gun Kata!

I'm talking about TR, not Uncharted.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

EDIT: shit, misread the question

some situations require more straightforward combat because enemies rush at you and already know where you are, but sometimes you encounter enemies patrolling or standing around talking and it's pretty easy to do stealth kills. for me it's probably about 50/50ish so far, but i'm not more than halfway through the game

so far i have one true stealth move (a kill from behind), so i think the game encourages you to kill enemies more creatively, which can sometimes mean alerting them and drawing them out and what not. the combat is fun enough that i like doing non-stealth as much as i can, except in tough situations where you get swarmed if you alert enemies
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:yeah, as awesome as the uncharted games are, fuck does the melee system blow
I don't think I've had to resort to melee outside of stealth kills yet. I'm pretty good at the jump/roll away and shotgun/pistol/arrow to the face. Gun Kata!

I'm talking about TR, not Uncharted.
How much of the game is stealth and how much is combat? I know it gives you a choice, but what do you think the game is more geared toward?
So far, I think there was only one instance of forced stealth. As I was unarmed. But, choosing to go stealth with the bow (or silenced pistol) is a blast and when your plan goes array you are not punished for switching to a noisy shootout. In terms of a game that gives you stealth vs action hero, this maybe be my favorite yet. Better than Dishonored, and Far Cry 3, though much more linear in it's approach. I'd never call it a stealth game, though, just a game with stealth options.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

basically, if you end up getting GOW: ascension over tomb raider you're a true fool
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

You guys need to quit talking about good the game is. I'm limiting myself to Bioshock: Infinite this month. Damn you all! :awesome:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

wtf, somehow i missed that... i thought bioshock infinite was delayed until april/may or something? enbonered. it's cool there are solid games coming out during what's usually a dead time of the year.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Spooky Apparition wrote:EDIT: shit, misread the question

some situations require more straightforward combat because enemies rush at you and already know where you are, but sometimes you encounter enemies patrolling or standing around talking and it's pretty easy to do stealth kills. for me it's probably about 50/50ish so far, but i'm not more than halfway through the game

so far i have one true stealth move (a kill from behind), so i think the game encourages you to kill enemies more creatively, which can sometimes mean alerting them and drawing them out and what not. the combat is fun enough that i like doing non-stealth as much as i can, except in tough situations where you get swarmed if you alert enemies
If you use the "sense" mode (LB on the Xbox) you will see if the guard will still alert other ones when you do a stealth kill, in such case it is a waste of time and it would only make sense if you are out of ammo. I've done many stealth kills just for the fun of it but you are not required to. The problem with the stealth is normally there are 3 or 4 guards so you have to wait until they finish talking and all left except one. You can as well do an arrow headshot (no fire) and that will be still stealth then you can continue arrow-headshooting the guards that are walking away killing first the one in the back.

About the shotgun, it is massive fun. I like to let enemies come close and then kill them with the shotgun, it is pretty effective and you need only one bullet. The only problem is if you fail your first shot.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Krieg wrote:If you use the "sense" mode (LB on the Xbox) you will see if the guard will still alert other ones when you do a stealth kill, in such case it is a waste of time and it would only make sense if you are out of ammo.
thanks, i didn't know that... must have missed it on a loading screen or something. damn modern games and their two-page instruction manuals :ax:
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Anyone else pick up the new God of War game? I've probably put 3 hours I to it so far, and it's decent I guess. After playing DmC And Metal Gear Rising it just feels like its lacking something. Everything is competent, but I'm just not enjoying it like I thought I would. The only real complaint I have is that because its a fixed camera, sometimes it will pull back really far, and you literally can't see Kratos at all while you're fighting like 8 people. So all you can do is mash buttons and hope you're hitting one of them. It's a bad decision by them, and they've done it to able 4-5 times already.
i like to dissect women
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Been playing this lately. Cool visuals around the 1:00 and 2:40 mark
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

james wrote:

Been playing this lately. Cool visuals around the 1:00 and 2:40 mark
That Touhou stuff is excellent. If you like that they got Cave's Ketsui running on mame awhile back. It's worth checking out for sure.
i like to dissect women
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Ya know I've got the rom and chd and everything for that one, but for the life of me I can't get it working. I have a build of MAME that I'm assured is supposed to have all CAVE stuff supported, etc.

Guwange, ESP Ra.De and Donon Pachi are all working fine though so I ain't mad.

I was just playing with all that stuff a few days ago, odd that it comes up now.
Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

Just listened to a TED talk on video games. It turns out that they help your vision and attention span and attention to detail.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

james wrote:Ya know I've got the rom and chd and everything for that one, but for the life of me I can't get it working. I have a build of MAME that I'm assured is supposed to have all CAVE stuff supported, etc.

Guwange, ESP Ra.De and Donon Pachi are all working fine though so I ain't mad.

I was just playing with all that stuff a few days ago, odd that it comes up now.
It's been at least 2 years since I played it, but I'm pretty positive I had to get a specific version of mame that supported it. Something about mame guidelines for support means it has to be at least 5 or 10 years old before they support it. Try looking for a version of mame that says it runs Ketsui and that might work.
i like to dissect women
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Scumfucker wrote:Just listened to a TED talk on video games. It turns out that they help your vision and attention span and attention to detail.
they dont. :tup:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

abdominalpillaging wrote:It's been at least 2 years since I played it, but I'm pretty positive I had to get a specific version of mame that supported it. Something about mame guidelines for support means it has to be at least 5 or 10 years old before they support it. Try looking for a version of mame that says it runs Ketsui and that might work.
There have been issues with mame development with CAVE specifically. I think there was some sabre-rattling and the support for cave games was removed from official mame builds after a certain point, and you need to get an older version to run them.

That's the story I got anyway, although none of it mattered because I just snagged a version/configuration of mame that was tailored specifically for cave support from Underground Gamer.

Illuminati try to hold a nigga back just wanna play Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon :fp: