The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

KRB,
we have no idea how the next season might kick off.
Invariably it'll start in the prison, but i wouldn't be surprised if first episode they end up having to leave.
Gimple is the show runner! I'm optimistic.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:KRB,
we have no idea how the next season might kick off.
Invariably it'll start in the prison, but i wouldn't be surprised if first episode they end up having to leave.
Gimple is the show runner! I'm optimistic.
It could open after an unknown amount of time having passed and they immediately have to flee because the governor is ramming down the walls. That would be cool.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

am I wrong in thinking (during the scene) that the kid Carl shot looked like was gonna try some shit? he didn't put the gun down, he just approached Carl with the gun still in hand.
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

no.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

so it just had to be done and Hershel is a pussy
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

krudmonk wrote:am I wrong in thinking (during the scene) that the kid Carl shot looked like was gonna try some shit? he didn't put the gun down, he just approached Carl with the gun still in hand.
I maybe-wish that that scene had been a bit clearer. I understand that there had to be some ambiguity as to the kid's intentions and behavior in order for there to be any question as to whether Carl did a good or bad thing. Maybe it could have come from a different sort of question if it had been written differently. It was just a bit awkward; what was the kid thinking? Maybe just simple clear hesitation on his face would have explained things a bit better. He was just dangling the weapon out. Weird.

All in all not the best way to end a season... they should have just fucking showed us where the Governor was wandering off to. What happened?! Not enough.

Still a good show. Rewarding to watch. Will continue to tune in. Just... could have used a few more episodes in this season, I guess.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

I'm really not seeing too much of an issue with Carl shooting that kid. He was told to drop his gun. Drop your gun means just that, drop it. Immediately. Not "hand it to me", not "slowly advance towards me with it still in your hand", drop the fucking thing and stay exactly where you are or you're getting a bullet between the eyes. I'm perfectly happy with how that scene played out and with how the episode ended, for that matter.
"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The comic departure is welcome as Andrea redeeming herself and living into the next season would have been too contrived. Having the govenor and Tyreese still alive doesn't mean that prison raid will still not happen.

The Carl bit reminded me of the comic when Carl kills a boy for killing another child in the group. It has a similar arc/Carl evolution. Game of thrones will take two months off the wait til season 4 - woo!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The comic departure is welcome as Andrea redeeming herself and living into the next season would have been too contrived. Having the govenor and Tyreese still alive doesn't mean that prison raid will still not happen.

The Carl bit reminded me of the comic when Carl kills a boy for killing another child in the group. It has a similar arc/Carl evolution. Game of thrones will take two months off the wait til season 4 - woo!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
jen said destroy
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jen said destroy »

Carl is going to turn to be li'l Guvnah.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm behind on the comic, but I left off where the Governor takes Carl, seemingly under his wing
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Good episode, but sorta felt more like one before the finale... pacing has really always been this show's problem. You get a season like this one that, at its best, is some of the best zombie stuff ever made in any medium, but also seems padded to at least 30-40% more than it needs to be with filler episodes that are somewhere between mediocre and dogshit, and then a season finale that obviously needed to be two episodes, but got squeezed into one. I dunno. I liked pretty much everything except the abrupt ending, but it feels like nothing's resolved except we're finally rid of Andrea.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I kind of like that the Governor survived. The moment where he started shooting all of his people was awesome, and the way the episode went down, him dying would have felt a little sudden and anti-climactic. I like the idea that he might not be the main antagonist now, but a crazy nuisance who can show up and fuck things up from time to time. And Carl shooting the other boy definitely sets up interesting possibilities for how cold and crazy he can be in the future. Andrea's death was probably the best thing she's done all season. Sure, saying "I wanted to try to save everybody" as the reasoning for her erratic behavior is kind of a shitty explanation, but whatever. I really liked the shot of Daryl, Rick and Tyreese outside the room when we heard Andrea's gun shot. Thought it was a nice moment when all the Woodbury people joined in at the prison, and Carl questioning Rick over it was nice too.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

you won't find a piece of shit more willing to post spoilers than this cocksucker right here....
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

soiled depends wrote:you won't find a piece of shit more willing to post spoilers than this cocksucker right here....
Right, because everyone is using the spoiler tag on this page. At least come up with something funny or true next time. :wank:
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

FVBTVS wrote: fucking show is for assholes.

complete assholes.

:tup:
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Burpcore the GRIM wrote:I'm really not seeing too much of an issue with Carl shooting that kid. He was told to drop his gun. Drop your gun means just that, drop it. Immediately. Not "hand it to me", not "slowly advance towards me with it still in your hand", drop the fucking thing and stay exactly where you are or you're getting a bullet between the eyes. I'm perfectly happy with how that scene played out and with how the episode ended, for that matter.

EXACTLY, Car;'s little sister is there, why would he take chances? That kid's eyes were darting fast, looking for a chance, why he didn't drop the rifle.

Man, Andrea had some gnarly ass feet!
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

he had like three guns trained on him. he wasn't gonna pull some shit and get killed
SHOOTME
DO THE DEW!

Post by SHOOTME »

What a stupid finale. Leave it to The Walking Dead to save the huge assault on the prison for the finale, and the bad guys are shooting at nobody. That was very exciting. The ONLY good bits were when Carl shot and killed that kid, and when he put Rick in his place. That kind of character development was surprising coming from the half-assed writing in this show. I guess the only other good part was when they finally killed off annoying Andrea, but everything leading up to her death was retarded. She couldn't seem to talk AND try to get her cuffs off at the same time. Whatever suspense they could have had in that scene was ruined by her taking her sweet ass time to try and break free. You'd think after being cuffed to a chair for days, then having the chance to escape, she'd be pretty motivated to get those pliers off the floor as quickly as possible. But no, she's taking her time...talking and smiling at Milton, asking him a few times if he's still alive, all while letting the pliers sit on the ground. No rush. No suspense.

-How did a few smoke bombs cause a huge group of people with machine guns to flee in fear? Even the Governor ran away like a pansy. It actually made me laugh how pathetic the good guys' ambush was, but the writers of the show still made it work. So the good guy's plan was they make it look like they left the prison. Why? Then they put a few smoke bombs out in a hallway. They explode. A few zombies come out. They get shot instantly, and are no longer a threat. Then all the bad guys run in fear. Why? Glenn and Maggie (finally using the riot gear!) fire at the bad guys with machine guns as they're running away, and hit nobody. Rick, Michonne, and Daryl are nowhere to be found. That makes sense, because the three people who are the best at fighting should be hiding during the whole battle.

-The bad guys flee the prison back to Woodbury. There's at least a dozen of them, probably more like 2 dozen (although the number of people in the group kept changing dramatically throughout the episode). Rick, Michonne, and Daryl then decide that they should go after them. Three people vs dozens. Great idea! Another example of the incredibly stupid writing on this show. What would have happened if the three of them did catch up to all those bad guys with machine guns? They'd have been killed and would have stood no chance. Conveniently, the Governor shot all the bad guys himself because he was mad that they ran away with him.

-Where did the Governor go at the end? He wasn't in Woodbury or at the prison.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

I'm laughing bc I can't argue with any of the points you made. I still enjoyed it but you're right. Is it as simple as suspending my disbelief b/c I'm watching a sow about zombies? Not sure but dumb shit like this always happens in tv & movies so...

Why eat up garbage(imo) like Die Hard & the Expendables only to take your horror & comics so damn seriously? I'm actually not even mad about it and am surpised I enjoy this show so much after so long.
andy vomit
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by andy vomit »

i was pretty disappointed. at least andrea's dead.
"erections: mother nature's thumbs up."

the vomit arsonist - death industrial / power electronics
danvers state recordings - noise & pe label
Whiffleball Ace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Whiffleball Ace »

I understand the disappointment. Personally, there were a few things that I wanted to see. I did not see them. I am not angry. I am not going to set out to discredit the entire series. I think they opened up a few rather interesting avenues.

Also,

Was it just me or did it seem like there were more commercials than usual?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Whiffleball Ace wrote:
def not just you.

i'm telling you man..

I have 8 children.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

FVBTVS wrote:
Whiffleball Ace wrote:
def not just you.

i'm telling you man..
DVR supremacy. I watched Game of Thrones live first, then watched the recording of Walking Dead and fast forwarded through all of the commercials.
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

More commercials. But my DVR shows 1:05, so the show probably wasn't any shorter.

The interruptions suck, though.