The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Ghost Dad »

Uh...enemies or pvp players?? And what particular bonfire are you referring to?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Yeah, besides making sure you aren't over-encumbered, there's not much you can do about that.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

heh....

Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

aw. Basically, you go though the basement where the old blacksmith is...first! you need 20,000 souls to buy a crest from him. THEN you go though the basement, though the darkroot forest, unlock the wall that you bought with the crest, and destroy the wall to the left of it (its a falsie, with a bonfire). After unlocking the wall, you'll run though the forest to the left, whereby 4 dip shits will start chasing you...you run to a clearing on the left, then run back to the entrance, where, if you go to the right, you'll come to a tiny ledge that you can stand on, but can't be followed on. Now all you need to do is face the opposite of the wall with your shield out, and the idiots will run over the side of the ledge, deflect off your shield, and fall to their doom, netting you a cool 7000 souls. Then you go back to the bonfire, rinse and repeat until its no longer a viable farming technique. It takes some practice, but once you get the rhythm down, you'll bee able to make the runs in under a minute.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

YA gotta spend money to earn money. Economics 101, COLLEGE BOY
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Gonna get back into Dark Souls tonight. Took a break for a couple months but now I'm ready to dive back in. Looking forward to spending a ridiculous amount of hours on this tonight.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:YA gotta spend money to earn money. Economics 101, COLLEGE BOY
What does the crest even do? If I had 20,000 souls I wouldn't need to farm souls. :|
Well, if you can do what he says at least 4 times then that's 28000 souls. 8000 more souls than you had before.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

It unlocks the door that leads to the area of the forest where you do the grinding. If you want fast, cheap souls, you could always go up the ladder to the bridge of the red dragon, run up to said bridge, then back down quickly so that he blows fire and kills the enemies (netting you 300 souls, I believe), you can then just jump back down to the bonfire. Once again, once you get the pattern down, you can make the runs really quickly (30 seconds for this one).
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

If by easy you mean using magic against him and letting one or 2 npc's take all the damage, then yeah, he's easy. He's right about the butterfly though, that thing is a push over.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i didn't think he was hard. plus he was easy to get to.

i'd fight 3 sifs again then have to take on havel at whatever bullshit level i fought him at :oops:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

sif's easy if you have decent endurance and can block his shit. you get inside and hit him and there's a huge gap between his attacks. definitely one of the easier bosses.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Really? I beat havel before the taurus demon. I found him just as tough as the 1st black knight you run into. As far as sif goes, I've always had that sun knight with me every time, so maybe he's not that bad.

We can all agree on O&S though :wink:
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Havel's easy if you have a bunch of firebombs.

The first time I went in that tower I saw his shadow and thought it was the shadow of an eyestalk of some sort of AD&D SLUG, Giant monster and freaked low health, no estus me the fuck out; I think I fled the tower and was ambling along the streets of skeletontown back to the bonfire when WHAM out of nowhere this big gray scaled hulk pops out of nowhere and one-shots me with some sort of aboriginal warclub.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you can also just circle right against havel and attack him after his attack misses
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

You guys ever do the bottomless box glitch?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Pisscubes wrote:Hey guys. Not much going on. Oh, what's this? What did I just pick up...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Fuck yeah :cheers:

Goatus- what's that glitches entail?

Doad- have you beat o&s solo before? Ornstein goes down fast with pyromancy, but super smough and his wacky hammer is just too much. Every strategy ive seen on him says to just roll under him when he jumps, but his lightening hits you regardless. That boss has me punching my couch every time. Now, if you have some charcoal pine resin laying around...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Just quit and reload.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

no, you can quit to the main menu and when you restart it'll load at the exact same spot
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

yeah i didn't find that out until most of the way through NG+

not quite on par with none of that schwartz shit but still
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:no, you can quit to the main menu and when you restart it'll load at the exact same spot
Wait.

You're not telling me I can save, say right before a Boss, and if I die, just reload and be right before the boss again, are you?
i didn't mean that, i just meant if you need to pause the game you can quit the main game screen and then load it back up at the same spot

HOWEVER

not that i'd ever do this, and supposedly it could corrupt your game, but if you die in a boss fight and are getting really pissed off, you can immediately quit to the XMB/dashboard and when you restart the game it'll load right outside the fog door
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I wouldn't recommend doing this :ax:
Spooky Apparition wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:no, you can quit to the main menu and when you restart it'll load at the exact same spot
Wait.

You're not telling me I can save, say right before a Boss, and if I die, just reload and be right before the boss again, are you?
i didn't mean that, i just meant if you need to pause the game you can quit the main game screen and then load it back up at the same spot

HOWEVER

not that i'd ever do this, and supposedly it could corrupt your game, but if you die in a boss fight and are getting really pissed off, you can immediately quit to the XMB/dashboard and when you restart the game it'll load right outside the fog door
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

ghost dad :(

yeah, do so at your own risk for sure. only to be used at those moments where you're about ready to give up on the game anyway.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:OK, but in the end, if I die in a boss fight I still have to fight my fucking way back there, yeah?
not if you quit IMMEDIATELY upon dying... like your life bar goes to zero, you start to fall over, then you hit the guide button to quit out of the game entirely before it can autosave your death. then when you restart the game you'll be outside the boss fog

so it's basically a way to get multiple tries against a boss without having to make the trek back to it, but you do have to wait for the game to start up again and of course risk corrupting your save
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i definitely used that trick against king allant in demon's souls a few times. didn't have any negative consequences, except to my pride
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I think its what fucked up my file before Gwyn. Do so at yous own risk.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spent most (99%) of the game hollow.