The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by riley-o »

Unfortunately Pinwheel is commonly considered the easiest boss in the game :(

Really the best way to beat the four kings is to just tank cat right into Mordor; go for maximum damage weapons and maximum defense armour and wade through molasses swinging hard rather than trying to finesse them.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

yeah, that's why I went after Pinwheel. I'd read he was a snap. Walked straight through the catacombs like they were nothing and beat his ass in under a minute. Felt good after three consecutive and humiliating deaths in the abyss.

I have some high damage weapons, but I feel like I'm just not fast enough to tank the kings. Will try again once I get through the first part of the Demons Ruins. Won't even bother with Lost Izalith for now.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Don't need speed to defeat the four kings. just high damage and defense. the Iron Flesh pyromancy will help tons, plus some green blossoms for stamina regeneration
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

That's basically what I was trying to say but my brain's really been working at a low fucking capacity lately
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

twohand claymore (or other greatsword, or anything long) plus power within. gank one, heal, repeat.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

guess I should try using spells and pyromancy, eh? game is hard without them.

finally cut them down though.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Pyromancy is great because you don't need to level up your stats. I usually max it out as soon as possible, and buy all of the spells I can find. It's a great addition to any build.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Did anybody else get a patch yesterday?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Guess not. Also, can't get DSFix to work. Back to PS3, then. Shoulda known better than to buy a game that requires GFWL.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

spacehamster wrote:Guess not. Also, can't get DSFix to work. Back to PS3, then. Shoulda known better than to buy a game that requires GFWL.
what doesn't work about it? do you have that quarter screen thing going on? READ THE FUCKING MANUAL.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

spacehamster wrote:Guess not. Also, can't get DSFix to work. Back to PS3, then. Shoulda known better than to buy a game that requires GFWL.
huh? was it working prior and just stopped, or you just now tried it for the first time? did you open the ini and set it up? do you normally give up this easily?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

It crashes at startup with DSFix installed, stops crashing as soon as I remove it. I did fiddle with the ini a bit, but I don't see what there is in there that could cause it - other than turning off AA in the game before installing DSFix because there's a conflict there, which I also tried. Did a whole bunch of googling that revealed it's an issue most likely related to GFWL. Kept trying things for about an hour. Maybe that constitutes giving up too easily, but I already have this game, I just wanted to see what all the fuss with DSFix and the prettier graphics was about, so I really can't be bothered wasting my time with this shit.

It also crashed again a bit later when I played it a bit without DSFix, by the way.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

I really fucking suck at fighting invaders. I tried Shwartz's build with maxed out stamina, and the rest in strength, with a +15 bastard sword, and i still get clobbered in no time flat. Anybody on xbox live wanna join me sometime and show me some pointers? Gametag: SaproJerrod. It's the one aspect of the game that I haven't improved on at all. I also see dudes teaming up to trick unsuspecting invaders from time to time, too. That would be fun.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

you always seem to have pc issues that are always the fault of something else that you simply can't be bothered with. i have yet to hear anyone blame crashes directly on gfwl, so that just sounds like a lazy excuse for "i have no idea and i'm not going to bother trying to figure it out, so lets blame the drm" that lazy casuls like to do.

take 10 minutes of your life and try to do the following: you have to set the correct resolution for DSfix. should be the first graphical option. for example, mine is 1920x1080, so that's how mine is set. next go down to depth of field and read what the fuck it says at the bottom and "do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!" as that causes problems similar to the one you're bitching about. i had to experiment with it before i found 810 worked best for me, otherwise shit would crash or the menu would be really blurry.

Code: Select all

########### Graphics Options

# internal rendering resolution of the game
# higher values will decrease performance
renderWidth 1920
renderHeight 1080

# The display width/height
# 0 means use the same resolution as renderWidth/Height
# (use for downscaling - if in doubt, leave at 0)
presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0

############# Depth of field

# Depth of Field resolution override, possible values:
# 0 = no change from default (DoF pyramid starts at 512x360)
# 540 = DoF pyramid starts at 960x540
# 810 = DoF pyramid starts at 1440x810
# 1080 = DoF pyramid starts at 1920x1080
# 2160 = DoF pyramid starts at 3840x2160
# higher values will decrease performance
# do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!
dofOverrideResolution 810
try those two and leave everything else default and see if it works. make sure your aa is disabled in game, your resolution is set in game, and i've read that setting to "borderless fullscreen mode" in DSfix has helped with some issues as well. if you can get it to play without crashing then start to mess with aa and unlocking fps. this game is so much fucking more awesome completely maxed out, making it totally worth the effort. stop acting like you don't want your hand held through this shit when you obviously do, quit being a baby, and just fix it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a world of no wrote: take 10 minutes of your life
:lol:

You're really cute when you're in PC supremacy mode. Yeah man, that's the problem - I didn't know to open up the ini file and set the resolution. Of course.

I've already done all of that and spent at least an hour yesterday googling for solutions and trying to get this shit to work. It doesn't. I'm done.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

why the fuck would you try to mod a game and then complain about modifying plain text ini files like it's fucking sanskrit?

come on here, you're not getting anywhere with this "oh like i'm supposed to know that" schtick
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

fuck you spacehamster

you fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:why the fuck would you try to mod a game and then complain about modifying plain text ini files like it's fucking sanskrit?

come on here, you're not getting anywhere with this "oh like i'm supposed to know that" schtick
I have no idea what this has to do with what I just posted. Literally no idea. Please explain to me where I complained about modifying ini files. I'd really like to see that. Honest.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

FUCK YOU BUDDY
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Spacey you just have to understand no one RELAXES by playing this game, if someone is coming to the Dark Souls thread their asshole is already clenching and unclenching in pavlovian-induced rage.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So basically, I'm having problems with dsfix because my butthole's too loose. Works for me.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

spacehamster wrote:So basically, I'm having problems with dsfix because my butthole's too loose. Works for me.
dude your tight butthole is loose butthole. amiirite guys?
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

spacehamster wrote:So basically, I'm having problems with dsfix because my butthole's too loose. Works for me.
This is not the first time you've complained incessantly about how your pc fucking sucks because something completely unfixable happened to just you, and anyone that tries to help you is full of shit pc master race idiots because if you couldn't fix it no one else can either, so "Fuck pc gaming I quit forever for the third time this month."

Why do you even bother? Delete steam and move on already. Stop with the pc tales off woe and misery and just quit.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a world of no wrote:something completely unfixable happened to just you
Yeah, that explains why I couldn't find anything anywhere about this problem. Like, not a thing. Google just pointed and laughed at me, actually.
Why do you even bother? Delete steam and move on already. Stop with the pc tales off woe and misery and just quit.
Most stuff works fine. Last thing I had a serious problem with was BL2, IIRC, and it later turned out that was actually a hardware problem. I'm sorry I occasionally say bad things about stuff that doesn't work. This seems to offend you quite a bit.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

spacehamster wrote:I'm sorry I occasionally say bad things about stuff that doesn't work. This seems to offend you quite a bit.
dude.. you come in here and practically cry about it. people give you advice, and you tell us "i did that, and it didn't work. i hate this shit." and other tantrumesque replies.

last bit of advice and i'm done with your smarmy shit. go to the dark souls steam forums and look for help. there's a fucking sticky there about dsfix that will probably tell you what you can do, and if not just ask someone or search for a fix.

my point is that fixes exist no matter how much you may think otherwise. stop bitching about it, fix it, and stop being such a defeatist baby about this shit.