The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by a world of no »

pinwheel is the easiest boss in the game. easier than torch wielding hollows.

next bonfire is not too far away, but it's not easy getting to. if you don't have a skull lantern, sunlight maggot, or light spell you're going to be in big fucking doodoo if you go up that ladder out of the pinwhell pit and don't follow the shortcut back.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

okay cool thanks. i have a light spell and i've been debating putting two more into intelligence to use it and i have a skull lantern also. there's still some little details and areas i feel like i missed in the catacombs before i press on.. kinda bullied this area due to being stronger than i expected so i'm looking forward to what's next..

i found some coffin and got into it and entered into a new covanent with some gravelord bro and got a big sword and gave him an eyeball but i dont know what it all means. :ax: :invcross:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

oohhh that sword is a good one. on my first playthrough i upgraded it to +5 and raped. plus it looks really cool.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

gravelord sword for gravelord covenant. good mid-ng thrusty sword. eyeballs are how you fuck other players up. use it and you'll infect 3 random players with black phantoms. best place is in anor landor or sens, because black phantom snakes and silver knights is fuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

anyways, those three infected players have to find your sign and invade you and kill you to kill off the "infection" you caused in their world. so if you use that eye do it somewhere that it won't be easily found (ie sens or anor) and enjoy being a fucking bastard asshole.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

dude, i got gravelorded in the chasm of the abyss and there were TWO of those chained demons (you fight one in the big open room before going down into the chasm of the abyss) on the walkway above the first crowd of humanity sprite things. it was absolutely brutal, but i got lucky because some other player killed the gravelord.

i'm really hoping for more sadistic covenants like the gravelords in DS2, and better implemented so there's more action. i gravelord sometimes and most of the time no one even invades me
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

gravelord covenant is the true evil of all of the covenants. i also rarely got invaded, but it was fun to know that i was fucking someone's shit up. my new roll is a dorkmoon, which doesn't get much due to motherfucker never indicting reds. IF YOU GET INVADED INDICT THE MOTHERFUCKER SO BLUE HAS SOMETHING TO DO!

i've resorted to suiciding lately just to up ranks. it's funner than i thought it would be. people don't know how to react to passive back turning naked players asking for a backstab.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i do have a few more cautious inquiries about first time builds and does/donts that i'm guessing i'd want to know but i'm still hovering at wanting to know as little as possible while also knowing i already know things i dont know i know just by virtue of letting it linger out there for so long.. :betternotstartanyshit:

so the gravelord thing is more of a pvp thing from what im gathering of the juggalos?

i do want to play human more (in this last leg of the game) for its item discovery and souls benefits but my record ov getting invaded is like 3-10 or something like that. i always get shanked by specialized maniacs.

the weird worm bro at firelink was sleeping before i killed pinwheel and now he's awake again. did i miss something interesting?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

the only pve covenant is the chaos covenant. everything else is either pvp or coop.

unhollow and go offline is your only bet? pretty much. i did it once while trying to low level o&s and i needed solaire. every fucking time i went human i was invaded by some twink or hacker, so i just firewalled the net and did my thing. you can as well. nowadays it's almost necessary in some instances... sad.

frampt will wake up if you hit him with something.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yep. They do high damage but once you leanr their attacks, they are easy. Just make sure to take out the hedge trimming scarecrows first. Those fuckers like to sneak up on you. Also, get ready for some of the best boss battles ever.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

http://gameological.com/2013/07/fiddle- ... lollipops/

First person dark souls anyone? (Probably a repost)
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i need to just start using this thread unashamedly for questions if im not going to consult the www from now on. my friend convinced me to make 'the fury sword' with my +10 iaito with whats her names soul and now im stuck with a chaos blade and he's really sorry.. :ax: :ax: :ax: :fp:

plus beer
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

chaos blade shits on the furysword for moveset, and overall awesome that's not fire damage. pump up your humanity for extra pain.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

dominichorton wrote:seath on first run at him, nito on second run at him. power within is everything.
i feel like i am gonna be fucked at the demon ruins.
take your time. lure shit out one at a time. place isn't really bad. i remember being all scared of the centipede demon because you have almost no room to move around. once it got near me i just hacked the shit out of it, game over
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

i never got kalameet's tail... shit sucks. what's your soul level? maybe we can help one another out.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

finished my first playthrough
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
took a couple of tries, but once I got it Gwynn went down with a snap. And that ending??? Oof. Will play through again at least once or twice, just to bring on the age of darkness. That has to be more satisfying than a half-finished movie of an over-sized campfire getting lit
only regret is not trying for another white slab so I could get my Occult Claymore up to +5.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

have you guys seen these videos where people finish the fucking game in under an hour (game time) - no glitches, no fucking with the game. just straight up speed, short cuts, and some luck with drops?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the fucking Blighttown drop had my jaw on the floor - skip to 12:42 for that shit
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

that guy has some insane runs. his shield only run is nuts, but his blindfolded (with assistance) run is a whole new level of holy fucking shit.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

caldwell.the.great wrote:finished my first playthrough
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
took a couple of tries, but once I got it Gwynn went down with a snap. And that ending??? Oof. Will play through again at least once or twice, just to bring on the age of darkness. That has to be more satisfying than a half-finished movie of an over-sized campfire getting lit
i can't remember every detail cause it's been a while, but IIRC the other ending isn't that much better as far as scope, length, cool stuff, etc. i mean both endings make sense thematically and are as conclusive as anything in the dark souls plot, but i recall feeling a little let down after hoping either would match what i think is one of the best opening cinemas ever
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

killed nito

it was pretty rough going for a while there until i isolated the skeletons and tried my divine halberd on them. :ax:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

centipede demon was a fucking asshole

lost izalith is scary :oops:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the area beyond the lord vessel just opened up but i've just been dicking around and trying different shit out.

seriously thinking long and hard about cancelling some girly girl type plans tonight to stay home and farm titanite slabs in new londo..

i want the zweihander to be +15 :evil:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

FVBTVS wrote:seriously thinking long and hard about cancelling some girly girl type plans tonight to stay home and farm titanite slabs in new londo..
:invcross: :invcross: :invcross:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i got a fucking SLAB on my very first run of the night on the 3rd to last dark wraith of the sequence.. :lol:

i aint even mad right now guys

im addicted to upgrading weapons for no reason.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dark Souls II is getting a PS3 only beta.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

when??

:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do