The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Spooky Apparition »

october 1. supposedly it's multiplayer focused so they ensure kinks are worked out, but i can't decide if i want to try to get in on it or go in 100% fresh when the game comes out...

a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

oooohh... so getting that.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

jesus christ gywn is a fucking kike
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Parry him. Love the battle music.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Wang Mandu wrote:Parry him. Love the battle music.
Parrying is the one skill I can't master. Also, my PvP win ratio is probably .5%-1%. I didn't have much trouble against Gwyn, though. Black Dragon Kalameet was WAY harder.
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Jerrod wrote:
Parrying is the one skill I can't master. Also, my PvP win ratio is probably .5%-1%.
i'm the same on both accounts. and this is pretty embarrassing to admit but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i play offline 99% of the time to avoid pvp battles :oops:
gwyn was tough on my first playthrough but i think i beat him the first try second time around. i think i was really overleveled or something because i just blocked most of his attacks.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

^pretty much. dude's a massive vagina
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

hyperviolence wrote:
Jerrod wrote:
Parrying is the one skill I can't master. Also, my PvP win ratio is probably .5%-1%.
i'm the same on both accounts. and this is pretty embarrassing to admit but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i play offline 99% of the time to avoid pvp battles :oops:
gwyn was tough on my first playthrough but i think i beat him the first try second time around. i think i was really overleveled or something because i just blocked most of his attacks.
I'll get close to killing another player sometimes, like get a successful backstab in, or a couple of well timed hits, but motherfuckers always come back and 1-2 me to death. I'm trying to practice more lately in PvP, because I realize that's how I'll get better at it, but GODDAMN! My only recent win is where a guy back-rolled off a cliff by accident.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

terrible..
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

so skeletons are supposed to be hard to kill, right....?

oh god i'm fucked
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

those things suck at low level, but if you can bypass them to get to nito and join the gravelord covenant you get the gravelord sword. lately when I start a new build I rush to the great scythe and suicide/bone back to firelink, farm for titanite from knights and/or blighttown/depths(need ember) and crank that fucker up for extra sl1-5 murderfun.

THIS! 3 minute mark for run to the catacombs.

or you could just get the rapier and level it up. high, high criticals with that shit. backstab/parry to the top.
Last edited by a world of no on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

kickpuncher wrote:so skeletons are supposed to be hard to kill, right....?

oh god i'm fucked
i remember using clubs early on and having better success at very low levels. also separating the pairs when you pull them is taxing too but you dont want to fight them more than one at a time..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

:awesome:
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

re-purchased the game for ps3 the other day. just got all of havel's gear. i didnt realize there was even a slower setting, one where you can't even roll whatsoever. i have his ring though. just gonna pump up STR to 50 for his shield and then END and VIT. tank style.

gonna try a lightning zwei as well. or just +15. i dunno. i did a +15 uchi in my first playthrough and i just want to experiment, even though people tell me to do a +15 over lightning
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

I read that the lightning Zwei is stronger. I have a +5 lightning, and it does almost as much as my +15 Great Club (A Str rating and 50 Str).
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

yeah, i went lightning route. +3 right now. farming the sentinels before O&S just because i'm there already.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

guardianoftheblind wrote:re-purchased the game for ps3 the other day. just got all of havel's gear. i didnt realize there was even a slower setting, one where you can't even roll whatsoever. i have his ring though. just gonna pump up STR to 50 for his shield and then END and VIT. tank style.

gonna try a lightning zwei as well. or just +15. i dunno. i did a +15 uchi in my first playthrough and i just want to experiment, even though people tell me to do a +15 over lightning

+15 is way stronger considering you can still add resins to your weapons so you get your A strength or dex bonus' with your +15 and add even more damage with with a resin as opposed to lightning and fire weapons which have no stat bonus' at all
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i can always undo the lightning so i'll see how i like it
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

There are wikis that can help you determine the best upgrades for a weapon depending on your stats.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/zweihander

Zweihander +15 325/0/0/0 C/D/-/-
Lightning Zweihander +5 325/0/0/325 -/-/-/- 70/10/50/70

The +15 will scale with your strength, but it's only a C scaling (don't have the numbers), making that 325 larger. Elemental upgrades do not scale, so there's damage reduction. I would go lightning route though, just because not many armors that people typically wear are good defense against lightning. Otherwise +15 and resins.

Now if you've got your strength to 50 you should go for the demon greataxe (+15), as that fucker has a S rating in scaling. One hit fucking murderfest kills. Look through the weapons and any with an A or S in the strength scaling will do you just fine.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/demon-s-greataxe
Demon's Greataxe +15 285/0/0/0 S/-/-/-
"Strongest weapon in the game in physical damage, it has 654 AR at 46 STR in normal upgrade path+15."
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

thanks yeah, i looked at that stuff

just got the zwei to +5 lightning and it's raping. my slow tanky ass just killed O&S 3rd try solo. i'll definitely get that axe as well once i get my str up
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just beat 4 kings. gonna do the painted world now. and the DLC as well
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

a world of no wrote:Now if you've got your strength to 50 you should go for the demon greataxe (+15), as that fucker has a S rating in scaling. One hit fucking murderfest kills.
most damage i've done in dark souls was the demon greataxe +15, and casting darkmoon blade and power within. IIRC i did like 1,200 damage, maybe more.

that was my 'accessing the DLC for the first time' playthrough and the greataxe alone, nevermind the DMB and PW, made the game ridiculously easy until artorias. i could never get the timing down with those slow swings.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i have that axe at +13 right now, cant wait until it's +15 and im at 50 STR