The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by FVBTVS »

i was like 80somethign with a completely incompetent dex build and low endurance(24 :lol: :fp:) . i'm giving myself the gift of looking absolutely everything up that i want now so maybe i'll come back in three months and declare this the easiest game ever man.. :fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

how many of you fools are doing dark souls 2 100% BLIND? i'm talking no build tips, no hints about where to go next, no boss tips/strategies, nothing.

unless they throw in a bunch of gimmick bosses with obscure shit you have to do to beat them, i'm gonna try. i've got no shame around saving myself hours of rage in that case
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:how many of you fools are doing dark souls 2 100% BLIND? i'm talking no build tips, no hints about where to go next, no boss tips/strategies, nothing.
Only way to do it, man. My #1 gaming regret of all time is still that I read too much stuff while I was playing Demon's Souls, and I'll never make that mistake again. I may have cheated a few times during the first Dark Souls, I really don't remember, but I definitely always first tried to do everything without help. It's so much more rewarding this way, especially with the open world structure that makes the game more about exploration and discovery. So what if I spent the first 3 hours getting slaughtered by those skeletons with the curves swords because I walked the wrong way.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i dont know. i'd like to think i'd do it 100% but even given how clueless i kinda was i dont think i could argue i didn't get some kind of help from time to time from friends just watching me, or at least in the beginning. i had two friends also playing the game fresh and so early on we were all kinda pointing stuff out like a mini wiki that we didnt feel was too spoilery. but once we went in different directions and they went on and beat it way way before i did that kinda stopped. i got a little help just understanding upgrade paths better and which weapons to take to which smith once i'd gotten all the embers and stuff. my friend pointed out a better titanite slab farm path than the stupid ass one i was doing. which smith sold twinkling titanite. shit like that. but a build tip can be an enormous boon or it can be like 'yes you lose all those shards and souls if you do that' :wank:

so many of the little side questlines in this game petered out into nothingness or irrelevancy for me and i would've liked for them to makes SOME sense and not be retardedly japanesely opaque so that i could enjoy them somehow. the argument for spoiling stuff is there if you don't want to have to play the game a third time to get that one thing right at the right time. the sun knight dude i ended up killing in lost izalith because he attaacked me? what? the round armor dude i dont think i saw again after anor londo? fucking game..

unless there's a cash reward achievement for 100% blind and kinect will read my mind for internet spoilers then i dont doubt i'll spoil 5-8-10% of the game if i have to. i do approach these games as much as possible with enjoying the failure rate as much as i can but i dont like being completely fucking arbitrarily jerked around as much as i used to :lol:

and hell man if the story rendered more useful information and was presented in a not retarded way it wouldn't be so bad.

oh i killed lautrec when my friend(i think) said that he murdered the firekeeper. and the drake sword was spoiled for me. and i'm pretty sure streven helped me a lot when i asked Image

everyone post your spoils
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

dominichorton wrote:fuck that final battle was frustrating before i realized i could just bolt past those black knights... :fp:
did you ever bolt through em only to have them stab you through the fog wall while you were fighting gwyn? :evil:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Spooky Apparition wrote: and i used the glitch of course
which glitch
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:how many of you fools are doing dark souls 2 100% BLIND? i'm talking no build tips, no hints about where to go next, no boss tips/strategies, nothing.
I'm going with the PC version but Namco is going to be a bunch of dicks and not release it day and date with the console versions. Fucking xasthur fans. :ax: It better only be a week or so delay. My only info is going to come from spitballing ideas, cheering and laughing with you guys about our triumphs and failures. When I played Dark Souls, I went back through the original thread as I was progressing through the game...was a lot of fun.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

My only spoiler was this thread in my first playthrough and that was more like a support group than anything else. To see and get all the shit in NG+ is different i think but whatever. I'll play part 2 the same way
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

FVBTVS wrote:
which glitch
you serious bro???//

you pick up the gold-hemmed robe (i think it is) over in the far corner of the boss arena, which wakes ceaseless up. then you lead him back to the start of the boss arena and once he swings at you his arm gets stuck and you can kill him with one hit. i've never actually beat him legitimately and still don't know how. he broke me

looking up stuff like accessing the painted world or the extra stuff you and riley mentioned doesn't detract from the experience IMO because i want to see everything in these games and it's almost impossible to discover some of it on your own. "retardedly japanesely opaque" is a solid description.

but goddamn i'm looking forward to slowly working my way through new areas again scared that i'm going to die at any second. even more than the boss fights, that's what i love most about the souls games
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:
which glitch
you serious bro???//

you pick up the gold-hemmed robe (i think it is) over in the far corner of the boss arena, which wakes ceaseless up. then you lead him back to the start of the boss arena and once he swings at you his arm gets stuck and you can kill him with one hit. i've never actually beat him legitimately and still don't know how. he broke me
oh! no i didn't fight him in the open i ran to the little L shaped hallway and ran back and forth in there baiting him to attack either side and just chipped away. it wasn't easy because he could still do damage through the walls and shit though. every time i took him head on in the open i'd just get pasted by something in one shot.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Ceaseless Discharge... like a man...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8y7g0c4 ... be&t=3m35s<
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

FVBTVS wrote:oh! no i didn't fight him in the open i ran to the little L shaped hallway and ran back and forth in there baiting him to attack either side and just chipped away. it wasn't easy because he could still do damage through the walls and shit though. every time i took him head on in the open i'd just get pasted by something in one shot.
i tried that and he'd still kill me... must not have been in the right spot. and that method in the video above definitely never worked for me, he'd just fucking obliterate me with fire. screw that guy

dominichorton, what build did you pick? i started out as a knight or something but switched to the royal and the soul arrow made things much easier early on. magic in general seems way more powerful in demon's souls
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

haha i've been hoping to watch this one too but as it stands i cant really be expected to invest that much time. if someone would maybe cut it down to 20-30 minutes i'd be okay but :?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suV2wJ0K3s8<
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm 40 min into the Dark Souls one and it's hilarious and everything but at my lowest moments I've thought most of the things dude is saying
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

no man. dont go there. he is a completely irredeemable sack of shit. :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

He's the id of my gaming spirit
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I hope not, riley. darksidephil is the worst asshole ever. laughingstock of most of the darksouls community.

there's being new to the game and then there's being DSP. nature's DLF.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus wrote: laughingstock of most of the darksouls community.
I'd consider that a good thing.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I should have clarified that with the PVP community. not as insufferable as the majority of all video game players every where in the world to ever have existed.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Yeah a lot of it is like "I just died for no reason. I JUST DIED FOR NO REASON." or he complains about the game being inconsistent and unfair when he just does really stupid shit and you have to go "shut up asshole :wank: "

And then when he doesn't realize for days that the d-pad is involved in the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

or doesn't lock-on to an enemy until Anor Londo :lol: :lol: :lol:

but then there's shit like the dude in Blighttown shooting you with toxic darts where he's like, "that's bullshit, he's shooting me dead-on from miles away and it's certain death." where I'm like, "Yeah that was definitely some bullshit !"

and I feel like those sorts of thing are the vast majority of the complaints ? There's definitely a lot of things that are like, why should he know how to do that ? Some fuckface had the gall to post a "RtFM" !! Have you cunts ever taken a look at the manual ? It's like four pages including the advertisement page and the blank NOTES page.

That's all I'm saying really. Basically yeah he sucks but he takes overwhelming shit for everything he says when over half of it is relatable to anyone who didn't play the game with a walkthrough.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

while we're posting dark souls rage stuff:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3AY-ZNsmI<

also, as far as games go, the souls community is great. always willing to help newbs, consistently good youtubers, some of the most comprehensive wikis. and you never have to hear them talk online. if it's bad, I'm curious what games have good ones.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:drooly:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Wish they'd stop dicking around and announce the PC release date.

Trailer is :mastoman: