The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Ghost Dad »

Who was it who got through half of the game without realizing that you can dash?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

that was schwartz... pretty sure he got through almost the whole game that way :lol: :lol: which is actually pretty impressive
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

goddamn :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

oh man that trailer is so good
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Been reading comments about those screenshots and it's mostly people bitching about the graphics. :roll:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dark Souls superfan Epicnamebro says DS2 is better than the the first. :bean: Could be because he's working on the strategy guide. :lol:
Everyone is asking for impressions that I'm not allowed to give yet. What I can say: Dark Souls 2 is awesome. I like it a lot more than 1.
https://twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/ ... 8025967616

Dark Souls art book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/192677 ... d_i=507846
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Think I'm going to go into this one blind, gang. No more links, screenshots or trailers for me.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:Think I'm going to go into this one blind, gang. No more links, screenshots or trailers for me.
Seems like a good time for the media blackout, now that you mention it. I've said this before, but my one regret with Demon's Souls is that I didn't do this, and Dark Souls turned out to be WAY more fun because I had seen basically nothing beforehand.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I try to stay blind but the hype is too strong. Although, I am kind of glad I slept through the beta tests.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

anyone need a new avatar?

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha that rules.

Rumor going around cheating in DS2 will result in being banned from online play. Hope it's true and effective.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

a ton of new footage is coming in by the hour, so i think it's time for the media blackout.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i never did. i rolled mid-weight with good shields and spears. it matters more if you use faster/shorter range builds
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

my first time through the game, i really only practiced parrying on the way back to my bloodstain, or when i was backtracking through an area or helping other players. so basically when there's a small chance i'll die accidentally and i don't care if i do. but once i knew all the enemies and areas i parried every chance i got.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I wouldn't restart for that reason, you can just unequip your items until your roll speed is faster and/or find lighter equipment. Pyro class isn't bad, but any class can use pyromancy because it's not tied to your stats. you can potentially have a maxed out pyromancy flame as a level 1 character.

for upgrading: I'd recommend sticking with either strength or dex at first so you're getting a bigger damage boost early on and you're capable of using better weapons, and then leveling up the other one if you want to use a weapon that requires certain strength + dex stats. aside from that, a combination of vitality (HP) and endurance is probably your best bet early on.

tiny non-spoilery dark souls 2 news: apparently there's an item you can get that allows voice chat with people who come into your game. even though it'd be cool to be able to talk to friends in your game, there'd better be a mute button ... hearing a bunch of "PRAISE THE SUN FAGGOT LOL" would totally destroy the atmosphere.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

dominichorton wrote:later a pc port i think
They're being really cagey about the PC release date and haven't announced it yet. People are saying 1~2 weeks after consoles, which is fine, but some retailers list the PC version coming in May. If May is the release window, no way I am buying it at full price. :-x :sad: :-|

That voice chat thing sounds awful. I dont mind easier co-op with friends and certainly don't want to see "SUMMONING FAILED" a thousand times so I hope the online has been improved.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote:I've finally figured out that a spear is a really good weapon since I get to stay hidden.
Pisscubes wrote:I still want to get the dragon tail sword again if I can...

lel.. gt gud fagit
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

That merchant is an inconsequential fuckface. I wouldn't piss off any of the others, but him, nah, just buy everything else you need from this point in the game from the burly blacksmith and the dude on the side of the stairs near th londo ruins...also, level your helmet and armor first, and get all of the silver knight gear in anor londo for MAXIMUM POWER.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Kinda? You can get a decent amount by letting the dragon on the bridge kill the dudes with firebreath, jump down to the bonfire and repeat. In the middle of a game of Ghosts, someone else tell him about those dorks in the forest you can keep killing
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

You can level up ridiculously fast there (in the forest), to the point that if you spend a solid hour grinding you can almost make the game too easy early on.

The more fun, if less efficient, way to grind in Dark Souls is to put your summon sign down and help other players get through areas. Sometimes players will stake out an area, invite someone into their game to coop with, and take out other human invaders and get huge amounts of souls. that's dependent on location and how active the game is at that time though.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Take that katana you looted off of the Undead Burg merchant and level up your dexterity. Fuck the Drake sword. That shit is crap after a while, but the katana will scale with your dexterity.

It's probably already been mentioned, but your starting class doesn't amount to fucking shit. It's how you level your character. You want heavy armor and weapons, then go strength. Magic, go intelligence. Miracles, go faith. NEVER level resistance. It's a waste. I've built like 1 strength character and it bored the shit out of me after a while. I level dex and go with bows and dex scaling weapons. Go to the dark souls wiki and see what weapons scale best with what and go for a build based sort of around that.
Learn to parry.
Learn to roll and dodge.
Wear light armor (or anything that lets you fast roll).
Reck shit.
If I find you on PS3 and you throw a "well, what is it?" gesture at me I'll fucking eviscerate you.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Wait, did you get rid of xbl?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Pisscubes wrote:Quick question: Does the master key open the door to the prime farming area in the forest or do I really have to grind 20k for the special key? :betternotstartanyshit:
have to get the crest. it doesn't really take that long. don't forget the hidden bonfire
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, just practice killing those tree fucks by the hidden bonfire to get souls, and don't be afraid to use your stockpile of soul items. you'll make back that 20k in like 5 minutes.

you can also venture to the right of the locked door and try to take on some of the stone giants... just get the hell away when they kneel down. you'll see why :betternotstartanyshit: