The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by guardianoftheblind »

he's right; it's fucked
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I hope to god they fix the pve backstab lag. Don't just stand there while the move is registering you dumb fuck! MOVE.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

^that too
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Wang Mandu wrote:Man, I cannot wait for the new backstab mechanics. I'm so tired of getting sucked into backstabs when I'm not even close to the invader.
lagstab. shitty connection on the part of the stabber. no fun for sure.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2AL1rm01Ak<
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a world of no wrote:Enjoy Dark Souls while you can, because I don't think anyone is going back after this thing comes out in less than a month.
I wouldn't be too worried... I just played through Demon's Souls again, and there's still tons of messages everywhere, they actually get recommended more than in Dark Souls (although that's been the case from day one), and I could always find people to co-op with if I wanted to. The game seems to be just as active as when it first came out. My guess is there's going to be a drop for the first few weeks when DkS2 comes out, and then things'll go back to normal on the old games.

Meanwhile, on spacehamster's platinum mission: farming the fucking silver knights in Anor Londo for their weapons may have been the most annoying thing I've had to do so far. Over the course of about an hour with 10 humanity and silver serpent ring (i.e. maxed out item discovery), I got four shields before I had the sword and the spear. Guh.

Priscilla's tail only took two attempts. Now I just need Seath's tail and a bit of minor covenant stuff and then run through the game again until I've killed Sif twice, basically. I also need to maybe step away from my PS3 before my ass fuses itself to the couch, ahem.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

spacehamster wrote:
a world of no wrote:Enjoy Dark Souls while you can, because I don't think anyone is going back after this thing comes out in less than a month.
I wouldn't be too worried... I just played through Demon's Souls again, and there's still tons of messages everywhere, they actually get recommended more than in Dark Souls (although that's been the case from day one), and I could always find people to co-op with if I wanted to. The game seems to be just as active as when it first came out. My guess is there's going to be a drop for the first few weeks when DkS2 comes out, and then things'll go back to normal on the old games.
Yeah, but Demon's Souls has dedicated servers, and decent fucking PvP combat format. Dark Souls has neither. It's laggy, difficult to connect with anything for the most part, and there's some wonky fucking shit that goes on as a result. DS2 is going to fix all of that, so I would be surprised if there's not a big fucking drop for both previous games, as it looks like the perfect improvement blend of both titles. Also, GFWL is going tits up in the next couple of months, and I don't think a replacement system has been named yet. Bandai is probably hoping that DS2 will kill all demand for online DS and let it just slip away.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Some rumors going about saying that some Japanese sites state that PC version of DS2 will be released in March.

I might cancel my PS3 preorder...
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

speaking of which...

preordered the black armor edition and strategy guide today, and found out my lady is out of town for a week starting March 12 Image
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

a world of no wrote:Some rumors going about saying that some Japanese sites state that PC version of DS2 will be released in March.

I might cancel my PS3 preorder...
I'll.believe it when they formally announce it. It's about a month away from release, they still haven't set a date, and when NB reps have been asked, they twiddle their thumbs and say, "Well....." I know it won't be the same day but I can't wait. These first few weeks with the PS3 community are going to be awesome.
FVBTVS wrote:get gud scrub

Pretty much. That character was Magic based and so far I have pumped up his Intelligence in favor of Vit and End. He's fragile. :sad: I'm probably 50/50 in pvp with other characters.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Couldn't best Artorias in singles combat and am way too much of a man to summon help, so I went back and rammed my Moonlit Cockhorn through New Londo Ruins, The Archives, Demon Ruins, and Lost Izalith, blew giant soul-spear loads on The Four Kings, Seath, Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, Centipede Demon, and Bed of Chaos, leveled up a bunch, bought Crystal Soul Spear from Big Head Todd, and fucking blasted Artorias' face right off his stupid head.

And then promptly got repeatedly ganked by those goobers in Oolacile. Fuckin game rules
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Looks like I have Endgame Blues again. You know, that feeling at the end of a playthrough when there isn't anything left to do really except fuck around with other people, so you kind of need to get it over with, but you also know as soon as you do that you'll lose access to basically everything. Same thing in Demon's Souls at the end of every single one.

So I've been leaving summon signs around the Schmuck and Hornpeen boss area and killing sentinels to buy Twinkling Titanites and max out the shadow set cuz, well, cuz. No takers, though. Maybe because it's Wednesday afternoon? Heh. I'm sort of half-heartedly wanting to level up the sunlight covenant before I leave, but I only need five more medals, and AFAIK I can just pick those up in the next playthrough, so it's kinda pointless. I think I just need to man up and go kill Gwyn.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

IIRC that means you're about to get to the Infamous Archers of Perpetual Frustration. i.e. it's a good thing your girl's not home tonight because you and your TV are gonna have a little extended shouty-time.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

you don't, there's a bonfire at the bottom of the big adjustable elevator right after the balance beam part.

archer recommendation: iron flesh. IRON FLESH.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Of coure not, just take the elevator down across the bridge and over to the front of the castle
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote:Tell me there's a closer bon-fire than the one across from the elevator at the beginning to the archers. PLEASE don't tell me I have to go through that fucking balance-beam above the cathedral floor bullshit EVERYTIME I have to re-do the archers...
just set the elevator stairs to lead you directly across to the main stairs? Spawn at the main bonfire, run up the stairs, go down the circular elevator, run straight across the bridge/walkway, go up the big stairs. Sentinels there to fuck your butthole.

And Mike, are you doing white summon signs at O&S, or are you trying to PvP? PvP you're going to get better hits at Oolacile township, the Burg (ganks), Kiln, and Darkroot Garden/Forest areas. I just finished a 50 sl build last night that I'm going to try out today, though I haven't opened up the Kiln or Township yet. I should probably beat O&S so I can get around faster... Not sure.

Most of the invasions I've had so far have not been very challenging though. I usually cap at 100-125, so this is a long-lost realm of shit for me. I may not like it yet. May have to get some red orbs.
Last edited by a world of no on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote:WHEW. I don't have iron flesh. :( In fact, I have almost no spells at all.
Get a shield with high stability and run up that motherfucker and get in the face of the right archer and put that shit in his face. He'll stop shooting and come at you, and you just block. You keep pushing up on him and there's a good chance he'll bounce an attack of your shield and fall of the ledge like a faget lol.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Oh, so the first bonfire in the Tomb of the Giants is now warp-able. I'm sure glad I noticed that after dying about ten times heading down there for various reasons. lol.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

that was one change I loved and wished it would have always been like that. IIRC Duke's Archives got a new warp as well. You could always just warp somewhere, do your shit, and then homeward bone back to the initial area you were in, but having it work both ways was still a big help. invading in TotG was always fun but I hated having to make the trek down there for that.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:invading in TotG was always fun but I hated having to make the trek down there for that.
Honestly, I kind of appreciated how not being able to warp anywhere except straight down to Nito's altar made the Tomb of the Giants sort of like the dark basement you were scared to go to as a kid, but if I have to go down there to grab an ember or farm humanities from the Butchered at Birth mascots, yeah, I'd rather not have to slog through the Catacombs everytime. Although of course the upside is that now I've figured out how to get down there in like 3 minutes, killing maybe two skeletons at the most. So there's that.

And yeah, I think warping to the bonfire on that balcony at the end of the Archives is new.
Pisscubes wrote:During one of those playthroughs No posted, I saw the Duke's Archives.

That shit looks impossible. :(
It's just really slow and annoying. I think there's a disconnect between how simple and wide open it all looks and how difficult it actually turns out to be - you really have to figure out exactly where to go when and what order to kill all the enemies in because you're being shot at with arrows all the time and if two of those fucking crystal goblins gang up on you, chances are your guard'll break and you're dead.

Also, Gwyn's a faggot and nobody wants to co-op. Guess I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. And by that I mean taking advantage of the fact that I have ALL OF TEH SORCERIES and 40 INT. Grrr.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

dominichorton wrote:the duke's archives are not that bad at all. the mimics are honestly the worst part.

naaaaah man i don't know. i dont even remember the mimics in the archives.

my first time, the archives kicked my ass worse than blighttown and anor londo
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

geoff's getting face raped in the archives :twisted:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

what level are you? it might not be too bad..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i feel like archives requires more patience, as a gameplay mechanic, than any other area. but i havent played it maybe as many times as other people here. and yeah once you get the general layout of the place and know where you need to go/dont need to go it was considerably easier but my first time i just didn't even want to do it anymore i thought it was so onerous
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, I think you're right about patience. even after going through that area a ton, if I try to rush through I'll almost always die. the key is to use the environment to lure enemies and sort of funnel them toward you. then it's pretty doable, but slow going. the dumb moving stairways still confuse me...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:Guess I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. And by that I mean taking advantage of the fact that I have ALL OF TEH SORCERIES and 40 INT. Grrr.
Sorcery? Pht. Melee. Done. Christ. Only took me a dozen attempts to figure out the trick with the pillar. Seems a bit cheap, but I haven't found any other way you can hit him safely than to bait the grab attack, especially when I was dealing with sorcery and the casting delay most of the ranged spells have. So eh.

Also, I've been meaning to say this for a while now, whoever's responsible for the olde-tymie English dialogue in this game needs to be fucking shot in the face. "Thou hath returnd'st"? Fucking either get your verb conjugations right, I mean remotely right as in DON'T CONJUGATE PARTICIPLES or leave the writing to the quasi-literate. It's really a shame because there's a clear pattern as to which characters speak this way, so it would all make sense if it wasn't done so hilariously bad that it throws me out of the game everytime. And now I shalt'st trieth againing with the NG-eth pluss'd-plusseth.