The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Wang Mandu »

I still think we made the right decision. :fonz: Those last 10 minutes of suspense and dread in TD should be in nearly every episode of The Walking Dead but I don't think the writers have the creativity or will to pull it off.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Also as a parent - I would be pretty worried about that amount of blood on the seat.
As a parent, I know that lugging a fucking car seat around is the most despair inducing way to move a baby around. I'd rather be et by zombies.
Here's a tip, find a sheet, tie the baby to your body, done.
The baby should have been on darryl's back the last five episodes.
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

watching this shit and true detective in the same day :lol:

both make me want to repeatedly punch myself in the face for completely different reasons
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

featherboa wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:
Also as a parent - I would be pretty worried about that amount of blood on the seat.
As a parent, I know that lugging a fucking car seat around is the most despair inducing way to move a baby around. I'd rather be et by zombies.
Here's a tip, find a sheet, tie the baby to your body, done.
The baby should have been on darryl's back the last five episodes.
Ha ha - we only used the capsule for the first kid - didn't even bother with that for the second.

Daryl could single handedly put Baby Bjorn stock through the roof if he did it - Like a zombie version of Shogun Assassin meets Master Blaster from Mad Max beyond Thunderdome.

True Detective is also - more - amazing - but are we going to spend another (half) season bitching how the zombie apocalypse with TV actors isn't as good as a HBO series with movie stars set in a more real world believable scenario? Will it stop you tuning in? Will it slow the momentum of TWD? I think the ratings point to no.

Anyone read the comic lately?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
thank fuck they killed the stupid tiger off
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Whiffleball Ace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Whiffleball Ace »

Hershel's head was absolutely ridiculous. I hate "normal" Michonne. I'm sick of Rick and Carl bitchin' at each other. The music (along with the dialogue) is getting progressively worse. Despite these things, I'll watch. This show has become a ritual of slogging through weeks of shit to get to a pretty cool finale, and I'm ok with that because the rest of TV (save for HBO) really sucks.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

somehow didn't know the series returned last Sunday instead of tomorrow...

episode was a bit too slow moving. Carl's 20-minute arc from independent Carl to still-needs-dad Carl wasn't the most effective character development I've ever seen, but I do think whoever plays Carl is improving as an actor. That Michonne dream sequence was weird.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

I just rewatched Day of the Dead again for like the 20th time, and I'm convinced that zombies shouldn't be a thing every again in any format.

Cop shows, on the other hand, are a good idea for TV, and somehow not played out yet. How strange is that?
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

elephants gerald wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:It's possible tyrese and the kids picked up Judith.
rick and carl had a moment about the dead kid already. there was blood on the seat. they fucking broke down. they KNOW that she's dead. they're not going to meet up after the mid-season break and just find that she's ok and someone snatched her. it would just be a tone-deaf move. shit storytelling.
mallard'd

this show sucks. or it sucks now, at least. maybe it always sucked and I wasn't cranky enough to see it.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

show is better than ever for one reason

elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

total megababe. those eyebrows
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Wife has been making me watch this shit first instead of True Detective. I'm now bitter at this show because it's not True Detective. Unfair, but it's flaws seem magnified to me now. Any chance the King in Yellow is creating the zombies?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Alright I was in a terrible mood last night so my viewing experience was absolutely not objective or fair at all - but holy fuck was that shit annoying. I fell asleep halfway through so I have no idea what happened really, but I have this impression of at least 2 child actors mumbling horseshit to the soothing sounds of a baby crying for an entire hour

who fucking scripted these ideas
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

it was pretty annoying, and i was in a good mood. the walkers that appear out of nowhere right behind people... seriously, they need to get rid of that shit. they've now added a dumb modifier to it, which is that the 100% silent stealth walkers also forget how to bite someone once they've grabbed them.

wtf was up with that bus full of people? how could everyone in the bus turn into zombies and not a single person even tried to escape? how did glenn get out of the bus and ONTO A PILLAR and then pass out when he could barely walk? did maggie forget she also a missing sister? how could everyone have gotten so scattered when they were only on foot? does the geography of this show make ANY sense? will the actress who plays tara run away and live on an island with me?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Maggie's entire bus assault annoyed me to no end. Why not take out the window zombies first to thin the herd? And when they tried to make her bad-ass by bashing the zombies head into the bus... :roll:
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Spooky Apparition wrote:does the geography of this show make ANY sense?
no. escheresque.

and tyrese is fucking totally cool with lori now? alright. I know that shit will come up later, but uh...
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

elephants gerald wrote: and tyrese is fucking totally cool with lori now? alright. I know that shit will come up later, but uh...
I don't remember Rick having a chance to tell Tyrese the truth... Even if he did know, I'm sure he would just be thankful to have another adult there. But no, I really don't think he knows.
*burp*
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

oh yeah I think you're right actually

nitpick rescinded
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:
elephants gerald wrote: and tyrese is fucking totally cool with lori* now? alright. I know that shit will come up later, but uh...
I don't remember Rick having a chance to tell Tyrese the truth... Even if he did know, I'm sure he would just be thankful to have another adult there. But no, I really don't think he knows.
*Carol - Lori is in a zombies tum tum.

I am annoyed the baby is still alive.

Comic spoilerish predictions
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The little bunny stabbing psycho girl is the male kid in the comics Carl kills. Also predict "Terminus" is the Cannibal camp and not the Neegan/Hilltop community
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

The Bill wrote:Maggie's entire bus assault annoyed me to no end. Why not take out the window zombies first to thin the herd? And when they tried to make her bad-ass by bashing the zombies head into the bus... :roll:
Whole scene might have had more impact, if they didn't show Glen alive and at the prison in the preview.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

The whole thing sucks fucking balls.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

has everyone lost interest now? has everyone stopped bothering to defend this excrement?

retarded mullet scientist can't operate a gun properly after months (?) of post-apocalypse

the actress who plays michonne falls short in a valiant effort to emote

carl is growing up into a worse actor than he had been previously, somehow

not even on showtime / can't be saved by nudity

this took me three sittings to watch. and why I did it I can't tell you
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

im finally now caught up. i quit in the middle of the second to last episode when the kids were in the forest because i coulndt fucking take it anymore. zombies just popping up out of nowhere and shit catching people slipping is so hilarious and pathetic and predictable it warrants a drinking game..

show fucking sucks

that fat hicks fucking awful dyed red hair? that chicks generic tomb raider getup

someone shoot me
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

It's the post mid season break lull.

I think I am the shows most worstest apologist here and even I have rolled my eyes a fair bit in the past two weeks.

I'm holding on for something grim!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I gave up after the first episode back. I wish the show was better and may return to it a few months later.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I get the feeling Kirkman wants to rush through the comic section and then steer the show off elsewhere.