The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by doomeddisciple »

I get the feeling Kirkman wants to rush through the comic section and then steer the show off elsewhere.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

I get the feeling Kirkman wants to rush through the comic section and then steer the show off elsewhere.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

devastating
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Your sadness is showing. Too soon...
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ha ha - I get the feeling AMC loves the comic book ratings and I can't wait for all The Preacher fans here have them cry when AMC shits all over their favourite comic book.

But yeah - Latina Lara Croft - fuck - it's like that whole truck rocked up on the set from a Walking Dead comic con and the Lara is Abrahams girlfriend who hasn't read the comic.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
godofdeadlydeath
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

a world of no wrote:I get the feeling Kirkman wants to rush through the comic section and then steer the show off elsewhere.
Which is just kind of fucking stupid because he doesn't need to appease the comic book fans to have a successful show. If anything, the shit that stays close to the comics for the sake of it is some of the weakest storytelling they've done. I really can't get into this half of the season at all. Maybe if they kill off Carl, I'll come back.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

But the scene with Rick hiding for his life and choking the dude out was tense as fuck.
Show needs more of that.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:I can't wait for all The Preacher fans here have them cry when AMC shits all over their favourite comic book.
I'm not as invested in Preacher as some others here, but either way, I have very little hope for that show. It can be done with a very modest budget, but AMC'll have to pull way too many punches. Jesse Custer isn't exactly going to be able to tell that cop to "go fuck himself", if you catch my drift.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

call me crazy but i think preacher is pretty un-filmable and would never work anyway..

realistically
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

It has enough unique, medium-malleable content that it could be adapted into something good with generous alterations. By HBO...
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:But the scene with Rick hiding for his life and choking the dude out was tense as fuck.
Show needs more of that.
completely pointless subplott
Image Certified Poster
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

It wasn't pointless at all.

Served as a reminder that farmer Rick can't survive, that you always have to be ready for a threat.
Also got them going to Terminus.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

shut the fuck up mallard

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

james wrote:It has enough unique, medium-malleable content that it could be adapted into something good with generous alterations. By HBO...
Yeah, I could absolutely see Preacher as a road movie type thing. Totally doable. And yeah, by HBO, not AMC.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Seventh Son
How's them beans, ma?

Post by The Seventh Son »

I caught the last four minutes of tonight's episode and was told that the last 56 minutes of my time were more well spent than anyone watching the episode. If they really gave a shit about character depth they would have evolved it slowly over the course of the last 1 1/2 seasons to give some more background. I mean, I get it, they're all on their own now and everyone is reaching a sort of breaking point and getting reflective, but they're one episode shy of having a Dr. Phil intervention. I hope next episode is all about Rick giving Carl the sex talk and him crying over his dead mother, a being who was capable of conceiving life no longer living. That'll show Mr. Three Ballhairs what it's really like to be a fucking tough guy. The character development started off so strong on this show and started waning a few episodes before Shane was killed. It was still tolerable for a long while, but now they're reaching the point where smitten girls below the Mason-Dixon line would be cheering if Daryl was eaten just because it meant something finally fucking happened.
Mari_Mar wrote:"It's on hold. I can't write right now. All my aggression is used up stretching my new pussy."
soiled depends wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Cattle Decapitation have a "representative"?!
Yeah, it's called "fuckin brutality"...I guess you've never heard of it before....
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I like that new redhead dude so far. he actually has a personality, a nice change from most of the characters. I'd gladly take more of him especially because...

happy hour with Daryl and Beth was THE WORST AND MOST POINTLESS FUCKING EPISODE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS SHOW.
The Seventh Son
How's them beans, ma?

Post by The Seventh Son »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I like that new redhead dude so far. he actually has a personality, a nice change from most of the characters. I'd gladly take more of him especially because...

happy hour with Daryl and Beth was THE WORST AND MOST POINTLESS FUCKING EPISODE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS SHOW.
Redhead is alright so far aside from the corny, "but this guy can save the whole wide world bro!" thing. And that scientist...obviously he's been keeping up with some sort of grooming, so I'm not buying the mullet. It seems like a silly idea on the drawing board that went way too far, but worse shit has squeezed through the gaping cracks in this show.

Even playing this shitty song in place of whatever straw-in-mouth horseshit they chose during the big F U MANNNN middle finger bit would have made the four minutes I caught worth it
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-eBU-fBvCQ<
Mari_Mar wrote:"It's on hold. I can't write right now. All my aggression is used up stretching my new pussy."
soiled depends wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Cattle Decapitation have a "representative"?!
Yeah, it's called "fuckin brutality"...I guess you've never heard of it before....
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

fuck man, I forgot about the song right after the episode ended... so bad. this show doesn't deserve Exodus.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

pointless maybe but i didn't think this was a bad episode at all. very good considering the rest of the season. everything worked better than it has been even though it's not exactly progressing..

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

FVBTVS wrote:pointless maybe but i didn't think this was a bad episode at all. very good considering the rest of the season. everything worked better than it has been even though it's not exactly progressing..
Yep - I enjoyed it more this week too.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

FVBTVS wrote:pointless maybe but i didn't think this was a bad episode at all. very good considering the rest of the season. everything worked better than it has been even though it's not exactly progressing..
Yep - I enjoyed it more this week too.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

You guys have got to be fucking kidding me. That was worthless

I think Rick needs to be swapped out for Rick ta Life.

Weh
Weh
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

If they're still going to show detailed accounts of people clearing a dark building for the 1000th time, at least it was those two this episode.
Image Certified Poster
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

it's weird how this show creates such different reactions in people. normally I think you guys are a bit too harsh on the show (especially compared to some other shit on TV... try to watch an episode of The Following), but I don't understand how anyone could have enjoyed last night's episode.

first, whoever plays Beth is possibly the worst actress on a show of full of average ones. secondly, we already knew like ALL of that shit about Daryl. seriously, he's talked about 90% of those details in like five episodes and we could pretty easily piece together the rest. there was not enough going on or enough discovered about either character to justify an entire episode with those two (the first fucking two character episode in the show's history, according to the talking dead). there were also like FOUR zombie close calls in the first 10 minutes of the show. they trot out the sudden zombie attack more and more and it gets less tense all the time.

the show's geography and the character's places in it is once again nonsensical, but focusing on Daryl and his family made it go beyond that into dumb as shit. if Daryl's house was in that location, why the hell was he not the leader the entire time? how was it never brought up that he grew up within walking distance of both woodbury and the prison, and probably even hershel's farm?

and then there was that lesbian from the mountain goats yelping at the end.