The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

I'm sitting here bored at work pondering if I really want to continue play that Secret of Mana. I really didn't like the power bar at all. Probably a sign that not all classics are going to be my classics, and just cut it off before I waste anymore time on it.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

illusion of gaia?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:illusion of gaia?
I'd have to emulate it of the PC and I'm not in the mood for all that right now. I'm just doing Wii Virtual Console titles. Unfortunately, Gaia is not one of them. By the way, I was gifted a ton of Nintendo Wii points years ago, so it's not like I'm throwing money around playing the Wii versions. I think I'll do this. If the Wii-HDMI adapter gets to me by the time I go to play a game next I'll start Super Metriod. If not, then Resident Evil 2.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

whoa, whoa, whoa.... i've got a PS+ question. do you get to keep the free monthly game(s) FOREVER as long as you're a PS+ subscriber? or after the month is over, does the game "expire" and you no longer have access to it?

if you get to keep them forever i can't believe i haven't signed up yet. NEED INFO
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:whoa, whoa, whoa.... i've got a PS+ question. do you get to keep the free monthly game(s) FOREVER as long as you're a PS+ subscriber? or after the month is over, does the game "expire" and you no longer have access to it?

if you get to keep them forever i can't believe i haven't signed up yet. NEED INFO
As long as you're a ps plus member, you get to keep them.
But, they're not transferable to the PS4, right?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

they'll surely have PS+ on the PS4 too though, right? man, i was all ready to plunk down some digital sony cash today and now you guys have me questioning it.

related:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57587 ... d-at-$349/
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh, I haven't even addressed all that stuff. But, no I will NOT pay a mandatory monthly subscription to either console. They pull that shit, then I'm getting a Wii U and some sort of outrageously expensive PC. Sony and Microsoft can get on deeznuts if they be so brazen.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

E3 next week :mastoman:
The Last of Us pre-order'd :bean:
No automatic download for non PSN+ subscribers :ax: :nopizza: Better be a pre-load because PSN download speeds blow.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: The Last of Us pre-order'd :bean:
Why?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

last of us has multiplayer now?? weird that the game's coming out in like a week and there is no info about it...

EDIT: oh, looks like some MP info was just released. sounds like basically team deathmatch with a few small twists. pffft
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

canon.docre wrote:reaching the point in Fallout NV that everything I do seems to piss off and cause me to fail missions I picked up from other factions. Just going to follow the Mr. House storyline and fucking kill everyone else in my way. Gotta wrap up this playthrough, I've gotta nuke my OS and reinstall everything and this isn't a legit copy so I can't just hang onto my save files.
Wait why not? I always backup those save files every time I format... do you mean that you won't be able to reinstall the program cause you don't have the disc?
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote: The Last of Us pre-order'd :bean:
Why?
Because it looks pretty good?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

james wrote:
canon.docre wrote:reaching the point in Fallout NV that everything I do seems to piss off and cause me to fail missions I picked up from other factions. Just going to follow the Mr. House storyline and fucking kill everyone else in my way. Gotta wrap up this playthrough, I've gotta nuke my OS and reinstall everything and this isn't a legit copy so I can't just hang onto my save files.
Wait why not? I always backup those save files every time I format... do you mean that you won't be able to reinstall the program cause you don't have the disc?
I'm playing a cracked copy, my experience is that save games won't fly on another pirated version because they tend to all be some antiquated specific version of the game.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Gotcha. That may well be the case. I've always kept the same ISO files floating free on an external to be re-installed at a later date... I was just curious because I recently restared Fallout myself, so I'm in that zone.

Might be time to dig up one of those bethesda threads again :awesome:
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

maybe I just haven't been keeping up with the fedora thread like I should, but this is the first I'm hearing of this amazing atheist dickhead

three seconds in to the rebuttal, I look down and see this top comment:
Dodu Dindon 10 minutes ago
A western tumblr feminist complaining about how video games are oh so unfair to women.
Meanwhile, in Derpazekistan, a five-year-old girl was just raped by her father-husband. And not a single fuck was given.
:fp:

sounds familiar
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Get all that shit out of here, Geoff....

Fine.

I'll out shit you then.

BEHOLD:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Because it looks pretty good?
Based on walking around a bit in the demo while the game spews dialogue, then killing five zombies? Plus the fact that the trailer at the end of the demo is literally ALL cutscenes and ZERO gameplay doesn't bode well. This is, after all, a Naughty Dog game. I'm not saying I won't buy it, but I'm holding off until I find out more. Still never finished UC3 because yawn.

Speaking of games I never finished, I fired up Borderlands 2 again today. No crashes so far, and I think I'm pretty close to the end. Maybe it was my busted RAM, or maybe I'm just having one of my no-crash days with the game. Had those before. I really hope it was the RAM, though, because man, I like this game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:Speaking of games I never finished, I fired up Borderlands 2 again today. No crashes so far, and I think I'm pretty close to the end. Maybe it was my busted RAM, or maybe I'm just having one of my no-crash days with the game. Had those before. I really hope it was the RAM, though, because man, I like this game.
yeah, borderlands 2 is freaking great. i haven't enjoyed a game this much in a while. and it seems HUGE. probably won't even get last of us on day one because i won't be close to finishing B2.

the DLC coming out at the end of june sounds really cool too. supposedly it has tons of references to other games/RPGs and even sidequests that are sorta like parodies of games (they mentioned a dark souls mission, for example).
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

spacehamster wrote:Based on walking around a bit in the demo while the game spews dialogue, then killing five zombies? Plus the fact that the trailer at the end of the demo is literally ALL cutscenes and ZERO gameplay doesn't bode well. This is, after all, a Naughty Dog game. I'm not saying I won't buy it, but I'm holding off until I find out more. Still never finished UC3 because yawn.
holy fuck :fp:
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

jill got some manhands
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

ordered Etrian Odyssey IV. hope this shit's fun
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Eternal Darkness 2 Kickstarter = dead :lol:

The Last of Us reviews should be out soon. Hearing it is the "Citizen Kane of gaming" :wank: :lol: :nopizza:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Jesus-- I wanted to play the fucking game until I heard that fucking tired bullshit.
:lol: If it was the devs proclaiming it that, sure I'd cancel my pre-order right now. Game reviewers suck at writing with a few exceptions here and there.

I'm hoping the game doesn't follow The Walking Dead ending...that was nicely spoiled for me today by some faggot.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

i'm using project64 and some games run like molasses. is this just a thing?

also, can anyone recommend a dreamcast emulator?
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.