The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Wang Mandu wrote:
storm shadow wrote:I haven't followed this scandal that closely, but as an MGS fanboi I can comfortably say that--provided this isn't all some elaborate viral marketing ruse--recasting Snake is the gayest thing Kojima has ever done.
I believe it's Big Boss in MGS V and Solid Snake and/or all Snakes were done by David Hayter. But they had Hayter voice both Big Boss and Solid Snake for some retarded twist reason but Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss's saliva or .....my head is starting to hurt. Kiefer's voice is too distinctive for a video game. All I'm going to be picturing is Jack Bauer cosplaying as Liquid/Solid/Mullet Snake and hoping he'll start screaming and torturing people.

But hey, at least it isn't Nolan North or that Bioshock Infinite / The Last of Us guy aka Nu-Nolan North.

:lol: Day 1.
Yeah it makes sense for Hayter to voice Big Boss and Solid Snake since the latter is a clone of the former (of course, this doesn't really explain why Liquid and Solidus have different voice actors). I tend to use "Snake" as a generic term to refer to all the Hayter-voiced characters.

It's just such a bummer because Hayter has SUCH a distinctive voice and has done the character across so many games. His gravelly tone is as intimately associated with Metal Gear as cardboard boxes and codec conversations. It'd be like if a new issue of Superman came out and for some unexplained reason Superman is now Puerto Rican.

And I'm totally on board for Killer is Dead too, Killer7 is the only Suda51 game I've ever really liked (although Shadow of the Damned was fun). Most of his work is just way too self-consciously zany for me, but Killer7 really had a unique and creepy vibe that I loved.
james wrote:portable auschwitz
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

hahahah, i completely forgot about that. jesus christ :fp:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

It seems like they're banking on people being basically game junkies willing to do whatever it takes for their fix of new gaming. Or maybe part of their attitude is "the current generation of gamers won't like it, but the next generation will accept it because they've grown up with it and never knew what it was like to take your copy of Mike Tyson's Punch Out to your friend's house and play it on his Nintendo." And maybe they're right ? I don't know. Gamers are notoriously whiny while also being notoriously weak-willed when it comes to these things. It's not like Diablo 3 or the new Sim City didn't sell despite basically being digital versions of Judaism. I know for me it's just not worth it to get a new console right now when there's so many games from this generation I still haven't played when so far all this new console has is more games I haven't played with very modestly better graphics, and then some sort of special different enhanced version of being on the internet while watching television.. ? Nothing's really selling me here.

The tech leap from PS1 to PS2 and XBOX and then the jump from SD to HD with the PS3 and 360 were huge steps, and the graphic and content differences between Nintendo to SNES and Genesis really shouldn't need to be spelled out for anyone who was alive for it. Same with the SNES/Genesis transition into the PS1/N64 era. Maybe I'm off base here but it seems like this transition doesn't feel at all necessary; sure you can build a more powerful system and I'm sure it'll be better down the road but nothing I've seen so far has felt like a revelation or anything that makes the current generation look old and stale and painful to play. And in my mind at least that's what drives sales for these things. What do I want that am I going to get for dropping $500 on this new system that I don't already have on my current one ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:They mentioned a bunch of new IPs so they have to be pretty confident in at least a couple of those titles.
Is Rare making all of these? What a bust! Under Nintendo they had Donkey Kong Country and Golden Eye. Under Microsoft Viva Pinata, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

riley-o wrote:The tech leap from PS1 to PS2 and XBOX Dreamcast...
Image i agree though. i mean yes the current consoles are underpowered, but they've still been able to handle functional versions of games that run on PCs which are more powerful than the PS4/Xbone are anyway. in that sense, without a bunch of awesome looking exclusives, you're basically dropping $400-$500 to get better particle effects and textures in exchange for the absolutely ruinous BS that microsoft announced yesterday.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

storm shadow wrote:It'd be like if a new issue of Superman came out and for some unexplained reason Superman is now Puerto Rican.

And I'm totally on board for Killer is Dead too, Killer7 is the only Suda51 game I've ever really liked (although Shadow of the Damned was fun). Most of his work is just way too self-consciously zany for me, but Killer7 really had a unique and creepy vibe that I loved.
I'd go see that new Superman movie if he was Latino!

Yeah, Killer7 ruled...what a mindfuck of a game and I'm not sure I can recall much of it :lol:. I love the Engrish title, "Killer is Dead." I always wanted to play the No More Heroes Games and finally picked up a cheap copy of the 360 re-release but the menus were in English, the dialogue was all English yet the tutorial prompts were all in Japanese. I couldn't get past the opening tutorial because of the language barrier, lol. Probably for the better because I imagine those games lose a bit of the fun factor without the Wii controls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:XCOM and and Uncharted 3 on PS+ this coming week. Goddamn it I just bought XCOM!!!! :ax:
what do you think of XCOM (if you've played it yet)? i've seen a lot of you guys mention that but i've never really looked into it. even with the forthcoming console-pocalypse next week, i just need one more little nudge to get plus

also, potentially :mastoman: worthy: http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4404922 ... m-database
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Pisscubes wrote:PS+ is the fucking best and Xbox is for homosexuals.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Yeah Cubes I was kind of just putting my words in your mouth there. PS+ is seriously amazing, it's almost to the point where if you actually buy games you're just a chump.
guardianoftheblind wrote:Image
Don't be a philistine bro, that wall is studded with 24-carat gems like this:
riley-o wrote:Gamers are notoriously whiny while also being notoriously weak-willed when it comes to these things. It's not like Diablo 3 or the new Sim City didn't sell despite basically being digital versions of Judaism.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:It's cool because of the LACK of action, if that makes sense. You always get to stop and think and be tactical.
:tup: that makes total sense. i can definitely get overwhelmed by RTS since i suck at them, so that definitely appeals to me. PS+ all but confirmed

GOTB, dude, what's the alternative to walls of text? memes? pics/vids that we can find on any site? one thing i *like* about game discussions here is it's more than one-liners and "THIS SUCKS" or "THIS IS AWESOME." embrace the text, friend
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

Gunther wrote:
kickpuncher wrote:donwloading all the Ace Attorney games right now
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
does that make me gay?
The only lame part about this is you're just now doing it and you should actually own the games. All of them. Besides that dumb edgeworth one. Best games ever.
i know this thread has moved on, but yeah, i'm pretty ashamed of my physical DS collection (fucking Guitar Hero DS). still had the flashcart though and the controversy surrounding the new 3DS one kind of got me interested. also loaded this rad looking mech game

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

That looks exactly like Metal Warriors... and sounds a lot like it too :shock:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

looks like i know what little boy jame is booting up tonight
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
THE hfjdh jdbf lsnf nkn

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Hahaha I think I already have that on my external - I've never looked into the simple ds series but I'm pretty sure that I've got them all :awesome:

It's been a while since I turned on my poor lil DS
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

:evil: :twisted: :invcross:
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

fuck, i totally forgot about MGS5 and castlevania LOS 2

fuck

awesome
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Decided to finally sit down with Red Dead Redemption, a game I've started at least half a dozen times but never played for more than a half hour. It's sort of weird it took me three years to finally be in the mood to play it but after just recently getting home from the desert, the setting is freshly interesting ! I love the vocabulary in the script. Unfortunately the game's frozen on me twice now which is more than a little frustrating.

Oh no more text
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i dont mind text.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

its the weirdly unedited rehashing of ideas back and forth speculative meow meow meow that gets a little :roll:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
:tup: that makes total sense. i can definitely get overwhelmed by RTS since i suck at them, so that definitely appeals to me. PS+ all but confirmed.
It is a great game. The controls are simple to learn and overall it is a lot of fun to play. There is not a whole lot of.micromanagement which keeps the combat flowing. Two pieces of advice: get Satellites up as fast as possible and never have the last squad member advance the map (will make more sense when you play).
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: of all the people to complain about not self-editing
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

that's fair! :lol: