fargo (series)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Re: fargo (series)

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Got caught up this weekend...show rules, and funny how they didn't tied it in with the movie until the 4th? episode.

This last episode was fucking devastating for the grocery king...and the plague of fish just put it over the top.

The fog shootout was intense, and Hebrew hammer's death was pretty brutal.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

I'm intentionally not reading this thread because I fully intend to watch this show and will not tolerate any spoilers.

The reason I'm posting is because:

1. Every single fucking person here should be watching another FX original series — The Americans. It just ended its second season last week and it might be the best show on TV right now. Nobody watches it. It just got renewed for season 3, so you jerks had better bone up on the series before it starts a full year from now, or whenever the stupidly-long hiatus breaks.

2. The FX teasers are so good. I don't know who does them, but I instantly want to watch every single one of the new shows based on the hilariously-vague teasers alone. The Fargo ones were great; The Americans ones OK. The Bridge probably had the best teasers, and I'd be lying if the ones for The Strain weren't building my anticipation to ridiculous levels (bonus props for shoutout to The Plague). And Tyrant? No idea what it is, but I'M WATCHING IT.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Not sure if I missed something but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
How did Billy Bob Thornton know what Fargo guys to massacre in that building? I know the realtor was the one who told him but how would he know those guys were after him? Wasn't the murder of Sam Hess just a weird off-job he did before going to do the real job (the supermarket black mail scheme)
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i think he just sort of killed everyone man. god this show is so good
formerly ghost boner
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Whee of the Dead wrote:Not sure if I missed something but...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
How did Billy Bob Thornton know what Fargo guys to massacre in that building? I know the realtor was the one who told him but how would he know those guys were after him? Wasn't the murder of Sam Hess just a weird off-job he did before going to do the real job (the supermarket black mail scheme)
Yeah, it was a one off move. Thornton is an animal that does what he wants and loves to fuck with people. He doesn't need a reason to be brutal. But I think Billy Bob was just going to kill everyone in that building, and didn't care if they were innocent. He's so weird that it makes it that much more awesome when he becomes vicious. That building scene and the part with the two FBI agents afterwards was awesome. Not showing the shootout is the whole "less is more" thing.

Lester is my favorite character. He's morphed from a weasel to a sociopath. Adam Goldberg's walking through the blizzard last week was just awesome. God do I love this show. So, so good.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

how did we just post the same thing at the same time?
formerly ghost boner
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
1. Every single fucking person here should be watching another FX original series — The Americans.
The Americans is great. I catch it a little bit when the wife is watching, but it's on my list of shows to catch up with. Tyrant and The Strain look good, too. (The Strain in a cheesy horror way.) Hopefully Sons of Anarchy finishes strong this final season.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

ghost boner wrote:how did we just post the same thing at the same time?
cause I think we really needed to get our points across
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

that rules. this show rules. it rules. i rule
formerly ghost boner
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

fffuuuccckk that last episode was good. that moment when you can basically see Lester transform into a new man when he walks past his screaming brother in the cell... :tup: :tup: the police station interview with Lester and Bill was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing at how Bill basically did and said the exact opposite of what a cop should do

I'm sorta lost on what Malvo is even doing at this point, or why he's doing it, but I don't even care. I just know he's a badass
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
1. Every single fucking person here should be watching another FX original series — The Americans.
The Americans is great. I catch it a little bit when the wife is watching, but it's on my list of shows to catch up with. Tyrant and The Strain look good, too. (The Strain in a cheesy horror way.) Hopefully Sons of Anarchy finishes strong this final season.
With Marilyn Manson, I don't see how.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Fuck fuck FUCK is this show so good!

I thought the diner dad was going to get it from Billy Bob.

I'm thinking Lester kills Billy Bob. (Or the deaf guy.)

Its hard for me to decide the best new series this year, Fargo or True Detective.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

That was certainly dick move of the year.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WAHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW DOING!!! GOD DAMN THAT EPISODE RULED SO MUCH
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote:JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WAHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW DOING!!! GOD DAMN THAT EPISODE RULED SO MUCH

ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

hahaha. "im gonna put my whole thumb in your butthole tonight"
formerly ghost boner
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

"You know someone died in this house? Lester complained of hearing woman's footsteps."

There was no need to say that other than being a dick. :awesome:
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

That was great.

Also:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was thinking that Lester had some chance of redemption but the end of the episode just seals his descent into evil for good now.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

did you guys also get a twin peaks vibe from that episode? both me and my friend felt it
formerly ghost boner
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Whee of the Dead wrote:That was great.

Also:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was thinking that Lester had some chance of redemption but the end of the episode just seals his descent into evil for good now.
I think Lester is more of a survivor than evil or anything. He did something horrible, and has been trying to survive since then. That's what I think came up at the end, he knew something was up, wanted to test the waters, but didn't want to put himself in danger.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

I wish they showed Lester's wife a little more. She was obviously lying to the deputy for Lester, but they never touched upon that again.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

I don't understand his motivation for confronting Billy Bob in the bar... I assume he's cocky now and naive to what could happen. This show makes my week.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

ghost boner wrote:did you guys also get a twin peaks vibe from that episode? both me and my friend felt it
I got more of an "Blood Simple" or "No Country for Old Men" vibe.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

anyone else notice the father-in-law from the movie sitting in the diner?
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

good finale. is that it? hard to see this going anywhere