NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Zerohero »

The happy amigos all opting OUT--- I have to guess that only means they are definitely all staying put and taking lesser contracts and hoping those dollars by more amigos.

No way Wade gets a max contract elsewhere..so opting out only makes sense if that's the plan.

?? :idea: :?:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

oh that was clearly the plan the entire time: even as wade and bralawn are tremendous egotists, they know the window is closing and need to get better/more role players that aren't 78 years old.

really they need a.) another wing defender 2.) whatever iteration of mikemillerbot 2.0 is available on the open market and 3.) their draft attempt at getting a latter-day patty mills to pan out so they're not banking so hard on either cole or super nintendo chalmers in key spots (napier is a pretty bad defender but they have enough rim protection to lose a point in man and rotate over to recover, plus he's had nba range for about twelve years now)

isn't it the case that the bulls become the odds-on favorite to win the east if they land melo? as much as i hate that ball-stopper of a cunt, he'd be an improvement over bloozer and is actually a competent rebounder (and an underrated passer, lol no seriously though)
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

TF@work wrote:oh that was clearly the plan the entire time: even as wade and bralawn are tremendous egotists, they know the window is closing and need to get better/more role players that aren't 78 years old.

really they need a.) another wing defender 2.) whatever iteration of mikemillerbot 2.0 is available on the open market and 3.) their draft attempt at getting a latter-day patty mills to pan out so they're not banking so hard on either cole or super nintendo chalmers in key spots (napier is a pretty bad defender but they have enough rim protection to lose a point in man and rotate over to recover, plus he's had nba range for about twelve years now)

isn't it the case that the bulls become the odds-on favorite to win the east if they land melo? as much as i hate that ball-stopper of a cunt, he'd be an improvement over bloozer and is actually a competent rebounder (and an underrated passer, lol no seriously though)
this is only fantasy... but daydreaming that Lebron and Bosh "tricked" flunky Wade to opt out, now Heat not even bothering to sign him at all, leaving that entire contract worth of cap space free...

wade finding out no one is paying him 48 million for 2 more years...

What would a worn out Wade REALLY get on open market? 12 mill? if that?
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

he's a two that doesn't have a perimeter game to speak of, and has to play a manicured schedule, but he's still very good insofar as overall efficiency at the position (good rebounder, good post game, adequate defense for an old 2). $10 seems fair; harden's pulling in $13-17 for the life of his contract, dragic's getting $7, derozan's getting $9.5, ellis is getting $9, and hayward is underpaid right now
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

TF@work wrote:he's a two that doesn't have a perimeter game to speak of, and has to play a manicured schedule, but he's still very good insofar as overall efficiency at the position (good rebounder, good post game, adequate defense for an old 2). $10 seems fair; harden's pulling in $13-17 for the life of his contract, dragic's getting $7, derozan's getting $9.5, ellis is getting $9, and hayward is underpaid right now
and because of his old wheels, even a team that might pony up for a season I think would only give him one (1) season.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

i'd give him two if it's $12/$8 year-by-year. i think he's still got five more productive years coming off the bench, but $10 is a big number for a 63 game/22 minute guy (ginobili makes more but also is a more natural perimeter shooter and doesn't have that hitch in his giddyup)

turns out the wrong guy on the heat tried to reimagine themselves as a three point tyrannosaurus shooter. if wade worked on his stroke and got to .360 from three, he'd more than make up for his limited availability
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

His defense late in the year was garbage. I don't see how Lebron can do it with him, Bosh & Napier (This guy is going to kick fucking ass esp if Lebron rejoins). Then again they did get to the finals for the fourth straight year.

Jason Kidd: once an asshole, always an asshole
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

defense is all about effort, and it's hard to do when you're on two bum wheels. coming off the bench helps some, plus that means he's doing much of his damage against the other team's second line too. again, he was/is way overpaid for that role, and i'm thinking that's a key issue when it comes to renegotiations this time around.

the only guy on the heat that earned his near-max is lebrþn, and that should be how it shakes out. i'm torn about how good melo would fit: he's going to be a liability on defense at any position, but he can split time at the 3/4 just like lebrøn, and put his superior defense on the superior offensive player, so that mitigates the ouch-side. melo can dump in points better than anybody on the heat today, and would objectively work well re: spacing, since he's a 37% three point shooter all told. that said, he needs to create his shot and isn't super at moving and finding space without it, which is not the strength of the heat. adding that much firepower to a good team isn't a bad thing, but it may be some initial subtraction by addition. but they were able to work out the redundancy in lebrùn and wade's game... so who knows, i'm a fucking idiot generally
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

TF@work wrote:defense is all about effort, and it's hard to do when you're on two bum wheels. coming off the bench helps some, plus that means he's doing much of his damage against the other team's second line too. again, he was/is way overpaid for that role, and i'm thinking that's a key issue when it comes to renegotiations this time around.

the only guy on the heat that earned his near-max is lebrþn, and that should be how it shakes out. i'm torn about how good melo would fit: he's going to be a liability on defense at any position, but he can split time at the 3/4 just like lebrøn, and put his superior defense on the superior offensive player, so that mitigates the ouch-side. melo can dump in points better than anybody on the heat today, and would objectively work well re: spacing, since he's a 37% three point shooter all told. that said, he needs to create his shot and isn't super at moving and finding space without it, which is not the strength of the heat. adding that much firepower to a good team isn't a bad thing, but it may be some initial subtraction by addition. but they were able to work out the redundancy in lebrùn and wade's game... so who knows, i'm a fucking idiot generally

I don't see Anthony as a good fit for Miami... its not like hes gonna come off the bench and spruce up the non-bench they got. That said, it'll be more fun if he does join and they struggle for same reason...adding a 4th high priced player sucking up all the cap space.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Am I the only one noticing how nonexistent Wade's defense was in the playoffs? Apparently. Effort shmeffort.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

defense is effort. there's no skill you can develop defensively that isn't dependent on the physical ability to get in position--and that takes effort. he's not able to put in the effort he could before, and so he's not able to challenge ball handlers or shooters the way he did in the past (which was never great, but was at least competent)

statistically speaking, he was more efficient offensively this year as compared to last, but his defense fell off a cliff. if they only need him to come in and drop 12/4/4 in 24 minutes off the bench, then his concrete shoes don't matter as much anymore
Natas

Post by Natas »

TF@work wrote:defense is effort.
Thanks, John Wooden
TF@work wrote:he's not able to put in the effort he could before, and so he's not able to challenge ball handlers or shooters the way he did in the past
I know, and that is why he sucks, especially on defense. There's a whole long vid on youtube of his bad finals defense (haven't watched it cuz I saw it live)
Natas

Post by Natas »

I admit, watching 'Melo fascinates me. He is all kinds of insane. Imagine if he did play on Miami. You can't tell me he wouldn't have games of just shooting threes with no conscience and occasionally getting ten to fall on a given night. Not that I really care but I guess it'd be interesting. Hmm might actually root for a team like that but ain't gonna happen. that's the onl;y scenario I can see him being more efficient though. Takes so many bad shots: Even though he is a great bad shot maker he ain't never gonna shoot %49-50 from the field.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

turning melo into an outsized two is actually kinda interesting of a concept. think about him in the catch and shoot, even if that's not his game right now. you play it soft, he's burying an open shot in rhythm. you play him tight, he's gigantic and can punish you off the dribble--and then he'll get to the line and make 85% of them. that seriously might work??!??!!? relegate him to baseline help-side on defense and drill it into his head that he's just gotta jam up the lane and put up some hands when time comes.

did i just talk myself into this being a cool and good idea?
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

finna tweet dat shit @ 9PM
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Miami got destroyed in the finals because of defense and a lack of depth. They need someone in the middle who is going to be able to go up against Duncan or Howard and who can out-rebound someone like DeAndre Jordan. Anthony would do nothing to help that. And their bench is still bullshit.

I keep reading insane things about Wade, like Miami giving him a five-year contract. The only reason Miami will give him anything is out of loyalty and PR. He's only worth 5-7 million in the east. Aside from some of the more dogshit lottery teams, who would shell out that much for him in the west?
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

This is a good off-season. Are those dickheads staying in Miami? Even if they are, it'll be interesting to see what happens to Carmelo, Love, Lowry... Rondo, is he still likely to be moved?
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Nick Young just signed with the Rockets. Sorry Ed
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Ray wrote:This is a good off-season. Are those dickheads staying in Miami? Even if they are, it'll be interesting to see what happens to Carmelo, Love, Lowry... Rondo, is he still likely to be moved?
dollars to donuts says they'll shop rondo during the season; can't have two non-shooters in the backcourt

i'll follow rondo wherever he goes. his game can be described by every single tlc song and album ever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:This is a good off-season. Are those dickheads staying in Miami? Even if they are, it'll be interesting to see what happens to Carmelo, Love, Lowry... Rondo, is he still likely to be moved?
:idea:

on NBA latino day, would that make them,

LOS DICKHEADS :lol:
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Feel better with Kyrie Irving signing long term... 5 years + this year, 6 total.

Talented kid...still doesn't know how to really lead or play PG, but perhaps this new coach from europa will learn' 'em. if not, much bigger trade value with him locked down for 6 years than one of these rental for a season or less guys.

Love is getting traded for sure, but I don't think it'll happen before the season, and I don't think he'll sign and trade...he want's the full on free agency thing next summer.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Zerohero wrote: Love is getting traded for sure, but I don't think it'll happen before the season, and I don't think he'll sign and trade...he want's the full on free agency thing next summer.
dooble edged sword: love's expiring might make sense to a contender needing that extra piece, but what assets would they be willing to give up for zero guarantee that he'd be there the following year? nothing nearly as good in return than the wolves could get for a sign and trade, and he (and his agent) can survey the 2015-16 payroll/lineup situation already: if he's worried about winning, he's not signing to a team that's still rebuilding in the draft. that leaves a very limited number of teams that have movable assets and would retain a lineup for a long enough term necessary to both pay love what he wants and keep that team competitive. love is hamstringing his own options the following year (i.e., teams with cap room) if he doesn't consider the sign and trade. i still think golden state is the smartest landing space for all parties involved and makes them instantly title competitive.

the knicks/mavs trade didn't get all that much play out here in lakerville, but assuming they retain the necessary pieces, aren't they a drastically better team with chandler back in the lineup? they were the only ones that gave the spurs a real kick in the nuts these past playoffs, and i think they're even more dangerous with chandler's rim protection and pick and roll effectiveness back in the lineup.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

TF@work wrote:
Zerohero wrote: Love is getting traded for sure, but I don't think it'll happen before the season, and I don't think he'll sign and trade...he want's the full on free agency thing next summer.
dooble edged sword: love's expiring might make sense to a contender needing that extra piece, but what assets would they be willing to give up for zero guarantee that he'd be there the following year? nothing nearly as good in return than the wolves could get for a sign and trade, and he (and his agent) can survey the 2015-16 payroll/lineup situation already: if he's worried about winning, he's not signing to a team that's still rebuilding in the draft. that leaves a very limited number of teams that have movable assets and would retain a lineup for a long enough term necessary to both pay love what he wants and keep that team competitive. love is hamstringing his own options the following year (i.e., teams with cap room) if he doesn't consider the sign and trade. i still think golden state is the smartest landing space for all parties involved and makes them instantly title competitive.

the knicks/mavs trade didn't get all that much play out here in lakerville, but assuming they retain the necessary pieces, aren't they a drastically better team with chandler back in the lineup? they were the only ones that gave the spurs a real kick in the nuts these past playoffs, and i think they're even more dangerous with chandler's rim protection and pick and roll effectiveness back in the lineup.

I think Golden state is a good fit, and it's cali, but Love still ideally would like to wind up on the Lakers...who stink like a bag of dicks right now, but perhaps they renovate the roster...and wind up with LBJ and love next year. The biggest thing fucking them is Kobes 9324294842083028 billionty contract.

I still don't fully understand how they can even pay him way above max salary which looks like they are. On top of being crazy paying that for him and his way too many road miles injured self.

Getting Randle in the draft though was a great pickup...I liked what I saw from him more than the other big shot prospects.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

la is straight up toxic right now, and it's all because of kobe. even if they release and stretch nash's contract, that'll only free up $6 million over the next three seasons, which gets you what? parsons or hayward and a bench roleplayer? so that's kobe as an ancient 2, your pick of a rangy white guy at the 3, rookie under-the-rim banger at the 4 (not a bad thing), and two league minimum guys. fuuuuck. can $28 million, after stretching nash, put together a competitive team?

lots of crap on the market at the 5 (udoh, hawes). arguably the least inefficient player that wouldn't cost too much? cole aldrich. if that's your open market pickup, bad place to be right now.

lots of cagey vets in the backcourt available. get barbosa. resign farmar and meeks (both proved their value on a shit team last year). xavier henry also demonstrated value. hill is staggeringly inefficient, let him walk. this team is fucked.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Fuck you reigh

My stupid sports app couldn't load quick enough and I had an anxiety attack

FUCK YOU