Black holes might be intelligent

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: Black holes might be intelligent

Post by FVBTVS »

Necrometer wrote:...or only until you apply Batman's machine that takes bullet fragments and debris and gives you a fingerprint
:lol: that fucking bullshit
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

it's real :x
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:cheers:

this is completely skullfucking me right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_inflation
In theories of eternal inflation, the inflationary phase of the universe's expansion lasts forever in at least some regions of the universe. Because these regions expand exponentially rapidly, most of the volume of the universe at any given time is inflating. All models of eternal inflation produce an infinite multiverse, typically a fractal.
Alan Guth and Andrei Linde just said at the press conference that the inflaton field decays randomly and non-uniformly, and that as it decays, there remain regions of the universe where it hasn't decayed and which continue inflating. Linde said "this inflation must go on forever".
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

fuck! i just came to post that.. :D
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I almost rage-trashed my headphones into the floor in response to that woman's leading thought

I just shut the video off

please tell me she pulls the mask off to reveal Ken M
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:invcross:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

No Cunting Elves
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
smooth
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smooth »

what kind of fairy math are they using
The Talmud wrote:Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

is this old news?

Big Bang theory could be debunked by Large Hadron Collider

Scientists at Cern could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely, with no Big Bang
Now scientists at Cern in Switzerland believe they might find miniature black holes which would reveal the existence of a parallel universe.

And if the holes are found at a certain energy, it could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely with no singular point where it started, and no Big Bang.

The theory was postulated to reconcile Einstein’s theory of general relativity – which deals with very large objects, and quantum mechanics – which looks at the tiniest building blocks of the universe. It takes its name from a suggestion that gravity's effect on the cosmos is felt differently by varying wavelengths of light.

The huge amounts of energy needed to make ‘rainbow gravity’ would mean that the early universe was very different. One result would be that if you retrace time backward, the universe gets denser, approaching an infinite density but never quite reaching it.

The effect of rainbow gravity is small for objects like the Earth but it is significant and measurable for black holes. It could be detected by the Large Hadron Collider if it picks up or creates black holes within the accelerator.

“We have calculated the energy at which we expect to detect these mini black holes in gravity's rainbow [a new theory]. If we do detect mini black holes at this energy, then we will know that both gravity's rainbow and extra dimensions are correct, Dr Mir Faizal told Phys.org.
and 2013 article from sci-am

wiping out the "let there be light" moment goes a long way to killing god, right? :invcross:
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I do recall hearing about it but yeah, good post
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

james wrote:neil degrasse tyson fucking sucks
He does. Or at least anything interesting he has to say is for free. I got cajoled into buying a ticket to see him do a "lecture" at Jones Hall in downtown Houston a couple of weeks ago with a few friends because I figured I had nothing better to do that night. None of us knew what it was about, I mean it COST MONEY so it's probably an okay time. Wrong. The motherfucker sets up a presentation based solely on shit he likes to point out in dumb movies. THE WHOLE THING. He practically read his fucking Twitter timeline, pandered for giggles and woo'ing from the peon audience and barely elaborated on anything scientific before going on to the next shitty movie, or even commercials, and pointing out something "scientific" and asinine they got wrong or right. It was the ultimate hosing. i am so ashamed of myself. Fuck him.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

that sounds dreadful :ax: :ax: :ax:
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Of course I was skeptical before going, and basically was everything I feared short of him coming out on stage to a smoke machine and bro's jumping up fist pumping going HOO HOO HOO
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

As if I couldn't be any more convinced of his status as a shitty pop icon, some girl I hadn't seen in years who was known as the TOWN BIKE back in the day recognized me leaving, and she was wearing some shitty shiny blue dress like she was going to a ball. She approached me and said hi and I asked her what she thought and she squawked "It was greeaaat" and I walked off to lead her away from recognizing anyone else with me.

Then I left for Big Bend the night after and camped the next 5 days. Alright I'm done. Fuck... :tdown:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I'm going to restate my take on this one, which I've decided to name the "kissing cousins" hypothesis. because that 1% figure for abiogenesis is a massive overestimation and the cost of deeeeeep space travel is so great, the only exo-life we'll ever run into will share a common ancestor with us.

harnessing power on the scale of a star and beyond is so incredibly silly and seems cooked up by physics shut-ins who have read too much sci-fi (or maybe not enough?). fun to think about, but irritating when it's the basis of people's earnest approximations of what's cooking out there...
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

No Cunting Elves
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

possibility 10
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »