The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Batman Origins:

During a recent Batman: Arkham Origins demo in New York City, I often felt as though I was receiving a pre-fight pep talk rather than a gameplay preview. “It’s not enough to just mash the buttons and counter once in a while…we want you to be doing quick-fire gadgets, dodges, grapples, slams, the works; we want you to be getting 50-60 hit combos.” began Ben Mattes, senior producer of the franchise’s forthcoming prequel chapter.

Uhhhh.... :? Not pre-ordering this either. I'm going to have to try the demo. Brawlers that get combo heavy aren't in my best interest. I like the simple elegance of the first two Batman games (and Alice: RTM).

I think I'm going to go back to my roots of buying random ass crap and try out Deadfall Adventures, 'cause I'm 100% I'll like it more than another COD.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Bill wrote:Uhhhh.... :? Not pre-ordering this either. I'm going to have to try the demo. Brawlers that get combo heavy aren't in my best interest. I like the simple elegance of the first two Batman games (and Alice: RTM)
uh.. the first two batman games were extremely combo heavy. that was the entire focus of the combat...? bill?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
The Bill wrote:Uhhhh.... :? Not pre-ordering this either. I'm going to have to try the demo. Brawlers that get combo heavy aren't in my best interest. I like the simple elegance of the first two Batman games (and Alice: RTM)
uh.. the first two batman games were extremely combo heavy. that was the entire focus of the combat...? bill?
No, it was a nice and smooth system. If it was combo heavy I didn't even notice. I don't want something out of a Killer Instinct, which I fear they are hinting at.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:the Arkham games combat is a PRIME example of "If ain't broke, don't fix it". These idiots have an awesome combat system and decide they're going to fuck with it? Argh.
I agree. Another thing I need to do before I get a new console is replay Arkham Asylum with the 3-D glasses.

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:uh.. the first two batman games were extremely combo heavy. that was the entire focus of the combat...? bill?
No, it was a nice and smooth system.
... yeah, a nice, smooth system based around combos. i mean there's even a combo meter on the screen in both games. and what about that quote above makes you think it's going to be like killer instinct?

don't get me wrong, this game will probably suck, but not because the developer is telling people previewing the game to try to do combos in combat instead of mashing buttons.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

If I have to sit here listening to Cubes say one more time that Heavy Rain was a good game I'm going to fucking lose it
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

if i have to sit here listening to the bill say one more time the arkham games haven't been combo heavy i'm going to fucking lose it

let's all just fucking lose it together
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:uh.. the first two batman games were extremely combo heavy. that was the entire focus of the combat...? bill?
No, it was a nice and smooth system.
... yeah, a nice, smooth system based around combos. i mean there's even a combo meter on the screen in both games. and what about that quote above makes you think it's going to be like killer instinct?

don't get me wrong, this game will probably suck, but not because the developer is telling people previewing the game to try to do combos in combat instead of mashing buttons.
The Killer Instinct thing is a guess. Could also be the bad guys are all bullet sponges that require some sort of 50 hit scenario to take down properly. Maybe some other outside the box "thing" forcing an elaborate 50 + button assault. Regardless, I'm with Geoff:
Pisscubes wrote:the Arkham games combat is a PRIME example of "If ain't broke, don't fix it". These idiots have an awesome combat system and decide they're going to fuck with it? Argh.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

dude there are youtube videos of people doing like 1,000 hit combos in both arkham games. STOP IT

“It’s not enough to just mash the buttons and counter once in a while…we want you to be doing quick-fire gadgets, dodges, grapples, slams, the works."

all of that stuff is in the first two games. have i stepped into an alternate reality here? and why are you guys more concerned about this than the fact it's being made by a new developer? FUCK
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:dude there are youtube videos of people doing like 1,000 hit combos in both arkham games. STOP IT

“It’s not enough to just mash the buttons and counter once in a while…we want you to be doing quick-fire gadgets, dodges, grapples, slams, the works."

all of that stuff is in the first two games. have i stepped into an alternate reality here? and why are you guys more concerned about this than the fact it's being made by a new developer? FUCK
The changing of the combat system is an appendix to the new developer concern. Yet, I'm starting to become concerned why you care so much about my opinion on what constitutes a heavy combo system. To me, if I have to chain a whole bunch of different buttons into some sort of Guitar Hero-esque rhythm just from memory in order to hurt the AI without getting countered into dust, then it's a heavy combo system. If I can get away with using basically one button, even if I can land a punch 5000 times, isn't a heavy combo system.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:To me, if I have to chain a whole bunch of different buttons into some sort of Guitar Hero-esque rhythm just from memory in order to hurt the AI without getting countered into dust, then it's a heavy combo system.
yeah but they never said that, you're just speculating wildly.

in fact here's a quote from a preview: "The combat for 'Arkham Origins' is totally unchanged from the previous games, because if it ain't broke...don't fix it."

another quote, from edge: "Arkham Origins’ combat, meanwhile, is still built on Rocksteady’s familiar, rhythmic foundation, in which you chain attacks and counter-attacks against throngs of thugs, while identifying and subduing advanced enemy types with more specific techniques."

and i'm questioning you because your abject denial of objective reality is fascinating to me

ENOUGH
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Is THE BILL the type of guy who plays every game on easy?
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Batman video game checklist:

- Kevin Conroy
- Mark Hamill
- Arleen Sorkin
- Silver Age ft. Justice League like they fucking said they would
+ Multiplayer

sounds great
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

double post because of thread needs right now
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
yeah but they never said that, you're just speculating wildly.
Yes, yes I am. Hence why I need to play a demo first before I think about buying this game. Sure, their are many other reasons to play the demo before I'd jump into this game, but I'm focusing on the so called combat enchantments.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:so called combat enchantments.
i'd buy this game in a second if there were combat enchantments. magic batman > young batman
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Is THE BILL the type of guy who plays every game on easy?
No, I play on the hardest setting but use the GameShark® so I have infinite lives and invincibility.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
i'd buy this game in a second if there were combat enchantments. magic batman > young batman
If young Batman was the Adam West series Batman, then we might have something.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:
riley-o wrote:If I have to sit here listening to Cubes say one more time that Heavy Rain was a good game I'm going to fucking lose it
dude, I've said it was a GAME I REALLY ENJOYED
And I've said, repeatedly, that this is totally fucking unacceptable.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Can I use a controller if I don’t have a Steam machine?
Yes. It’ll work very well with any version of Steam.

If this thing is as they claim, then my present mouse/keyboard discomfort issue is solved. I could fuck you right now, Valve.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Really loving my Vita. Rounding the bend on Gravity Rush (I fucked hope, chapter 17) and on to Rayman Origins. Wipeout 2048 in between. PS+ free games 4 lyfe.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i got one recently too. i mean yeah it's a little light on games but the ones that are out are pretty fantastic and this crossplay stuff paired with ps4 remote play seems really cool. plus they just recently added ps1 classics support so after i finish the game i'm on, i'm totally playing SOTN again :mastoman:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

also i'm thinking of picking up dragon's crown soon for vita as that seems to be most people's preferred version. and portable spelunky? :mastoman:

i'm glad i waited for that price drop
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.