NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Natas »

MAMMA MIA...!

The NBA's impending television deal with ESPN and Turner will be more lucrative than initially expected. The league is expected to announce a whopping nine-year, $24 billion arrangement that will kick in before the 2016-17 season, according to Rich Sandomir of the New York Times.

That's nearly three times as much as the current deal, which runs for $930 million a season and expires in 2016. Under that arrangement, ESPN pays $485 million per season, while Turner pays $445 million. Under this arrangement, ESPN will pay $1.4 billion per year, while Turner will pay $1.2 billion, according to Sports Business Journal.

The price was expected to rise given the league's growing popularity, but this is still a surprise. Previous estimates suggested the new contract would be worth close to $2 billion a season, but these new figures are closer to $3 billion.

The league also won't invite a new rights holder into the proceedings, spurning FOX Sports, who were rumored to put in a bid. However, it plans to introduce a new live streaming service in partnership with ESPN, according to the Wall Street Journal
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:MAMMA MIA...!

The NBA's impending television deal with ESPN and Turner will be more lucrative than initially expected. The league is expected to announce a whopping nine-year, $24 billion arrangement that will kick in before the 2016-17 season, according to Rich Sandomir of the New York Times.

That's nearly three times as much as the current deal, which runs for $930 million a season and expires in 2016. Under that arrangement, ESPN pays $485 million per season, while Turner pays $445 million. Under this arrangement, ESPN will pay $1.4 billion per year, while Turner will pay $1.2 billion, according to Sports Business Journal.

The price was expected to rise given the league's growing popularity, but this is still a surprise. Previous estimates suggested the new contract would be worth close to $2 billion a season, but these new figures are closer to $3 billion.

The league also won't invite a new rights holder into the proceedings, spurning FOX Sports, who were rumored to put in a bid. However, it plans to introduce a new live streaming service in partnership with ESPN, according to the Wall Street Journal
they need a better streaming service.. last year was a fucking disaster, it was always punkin' out or "technical difficulties" .

will probably take advantage of the Free LP week to evaluate if they improved anything or just sat around doing nothing. Product hasn't changed too much last few years.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Yeah I didn't know you had any performance issues until you PM'ed me (happens to the best of us). My LP was fine I just hate that dumb music during the commercials.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Yeah I didn't know you had any performance issues until you PM'ed me (happens to the best of us). My LP was fine I just hate that dumb music during the commercials.

holy crap that SAME damn song for scoreboard for like 3 years..
duhn duhn-
duhn duhn

duhn duhn

repeat x 2304714713047

the cavs preseason game had this bump music created by someone to be metalish upbeat high energy HEY GUYS HAVE A GOOD TIME... but I recognized the riff: it was Mayhem's Deathcrush.

it was disguised, and song wasn't no brutal black metal production, but that was the riff. no if ands or buts..............
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Deathcrush?? you have to find this and post it....
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Deathcrush?? you have to find this and post it....

I'll see what I can do.. or if you watch the Cavs/Heat sunday (I think ) game in brazil, perhaps it'll be cavs feed and they might play it.

I'm not makin' it up... first time I heard it was like thats LIKE the deathcrush riff. 2nd time, there was no mistakin' it. That riff is just a little menacing--and not the ordinary rock riff.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i'm thinking about jumping into lp this year, but the volume of horror stories is really making me think twice. not sure if the app for samsung's bad smart tv interface is reliable, which would compound things. we're getting ourselves an apple tv by christmas but still.

teams to watch if i do the pass: cavs (duh), wiz, maybe suns? maybe golden state worriers? i need to pare it down to like four, maybe five.

edit: just saw that there's a five-team lower tier price. lolololol okay so help me round out my lineup mens
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:i'm thinking about jumping into lp this year, but the volume of horror stories is really making me think twice. not sure if the app for samsung's bad smart tv interface is reliable, which would compound things. we're getting ourselves an apple tv by christmas but still.

teams to watch if i do the pass: cavs (duh), wiz, maybe suns? maybe golden state worriers? i need to pare it down to like four, maybe five.

just to clarify, my gripes are with the Broadband version of LP. I assume TV viewers don't have this problem. And it was mostly last year...year before didn't have any issues. The one upgrade was getting to CHOOSE which teams feed, handy for games with annoying announcers (ie. Boston, Toronto, and San Antonio).

Wiz is a team I would consider.. last year had Cavs (because i'm a fan, Orlando :fp: poor choice--like another east time zone team , Houston :tup2: , Portland :tup2: and Golden State :tup2:

I think Wizards would be possibly my extra east team choice. (I get Knicks and Nets on regular tee vee, all the games)
Natas

Post by Natas »

I think it's five teams or all. Buy it and don't be a faggot because I really don't want to argue with you while I am watching games and you are reading bbref. Yes you will be more unbearable than ever but it'll be fun, and you get to watch the late west coast games (which are so, so much better) unlike me.

I have it on apple tv and it rules. Best $199 you will ever spend. Works fine on ipad as well.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

viddy a little of the sixers tonight... Noel 10 points looked good.. buncha boards and blocked some shots.

Looks like that they thunk they were getting.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

fuckin hornicans trading noel away for a point that has never shown himself to be consistently above average

still can't believe that shit; like you can't draft or trade for a league-average point guard literally every single season

if i do the five for league pass, i think detroit is the ultimate eastern team to choose. the return of stan van! meeks/butler/augustin/martin/singler heaving corner threes! drummond and monroe in the low post! inside-out zippidy dobbidy doo! seriously they should at least be fun; when you stock like six dudes that in aggregate shoot 37% from three and nearly 40% from the corner, that is huge.

EDIT: current five - bobcats, pistons, suns, ???, ???
pelican'ts? rockan'ts? nuggers? blozers? jizz? nothing atlantic though lol fuckin garbage division
Natas

Post by Natas »

What did I tell you about using bbref for arguing? Pistons will be a dumpster fire. HosGrenade said the same thing last year. They are the new Wizards/Kings. Unlikeable selfish morons, the type that give the league a bad name. Greg Jennings AND Josh Smith? Again? Guys who chuck at will? Including threes? I would love it if Notorious SVG got them to play right then you can quote this but doubt it. I can't wait to see Josh MSith STRETCH THE DEFENSE with his 7 3pt attempts per game! And Jennings' mercurial style creating shots for himself and teammates
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

stan van has pretty much always stocked teams with three point shooters and low post galoots, and his track record is his track record. his presence alone with that lineup is worth at least a 35% win bump.
Natas

Post by Natas »

He didn't stock anything. Riley traded for Shaq, and Howard was there long before him in Orlando.
Are we calling Smith & Jennings three point shooters? I'm sure they take half the attempts but that's it.

Oh, but the League Pass is totally worth the extra $50-$80 to watch all 30 teams instead of just 10 (5 X 2)
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Natas wrote:Are we calling Smith & Jennings three point shooters? I'm sure they take half the attempts but that's it.
Toilet Fleet wrote:meeks/butler/augustin/martin/singler
oh man it's so abundantly clear to me now: you hate advanced metric sites because you're illiterate

my time is mostly sucked up by kids and kid-related things so i won't have time to watch enough games to justify the full-freight league pass, even if it is only an incremental per-available-game increase. plus the days/times where i do have free hours are generally days/times with nationally televised games. and that's not counting my two-team local blackout. why do you hate my money so much.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:
Natas wrote:Are we calling Smith & Jennings three point shooters? I'm sure they take half the attempts but that's it.
Toilet Fleet wrote:meeks/butler/augustin/martin/singler
oh man it's so abundantly clear to me now: you hate advanced metric sites because you're illiterate

my time is mostly sucked up by kids and kid-related things so i won't have time to watch enough games to justify the full-freight league pass, even if it is only an incremental per-available-game increase. plus the days/times where i do have free hours are generally days/times with nationally televised games. and that's not counting my two-team local blackout. why do you hate my money so much.

I'm pretty much in the boat of "five teams" + national games are more than enough games. There really doesn't wind up being all that many games I'm dying to see that aren't national or involved two teams I didn't even pick, and when they do I can watch a illegal stream feed anyway. Plus, for a team like Detroit, that I am not even considering or even Philly that has some guys I'm curious to see-- They are going to crop up as opponents of those 5 teams adding up to at least 10-20 games anyway, which is more than enough of a look at 'em, but vs opponents you are already interested in.

If a team like Pelicans was in that 3rd way out west time zone I'd be all over 'em. But I find I get more out of my money maximizing those west teams. Pretty cool to have late night game almost every night and that most of those teams are quality.

starting to think, Cavs, Blazers, Golden State, Clips (my wife always bugging me last year WHY didn't you take Clippers :ax: ), and Suns.

Part of me wanted to take the Rockets again, they were a fun watch, but I think they aren't as good and those central time games are only 1 hour later than the east. San Antonio should be on enough nationally so don't think that warrants a wise choice.

Wouldn't even rule out lakers as that 5th team, but fun of watching them lose I think will wear thin.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i've got local RIP Richard Pryor RIPout to deal with so no clips highlight reel shit for me :nopizza:

and yeah no lakers either but idgaf really, if i want to see a game i'll go someplace that has time warner sportsnettvchannelgamesport

here's my thinking so far
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
atlantic: lol fuck off forever kvnts :D

central: okay, so i'm gonna be smarter about this. as much as detroit and the stanvan experiment is, picking indiana prolly. they'll fall back to earth in that division which means better games, plus they're rarely on national tv for being as good as they have been.

southeast: atlanta is a solid candidate, prob in the mix for playoffs again, and only orlando has fewer national games. i'd rather watch the horncats 3 fewer times total for more interesting players imho.

northwest: portland's gonna be on national tv a lot this year. okc is too. toss up between watching utah figure shit out and javale mcgee getting healthy so denver will throw me ten or twelve ridiculous highlights this year.

pacific: obvious choice is suns.

southwest: tossup between memphis and 9 national games and new orleans hornicans with 10. better team vs. DA BROW. i don't know what to dooooooooooooo
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:i've got local RIP Richard Pryor RIPout to deal with so no clips highlight reel shit for me :nopizza:

and yeah no lakers either but idgaf really, if i want to see a game i'll go someplace that has time warner sportsnettvchannelgamesport

here's my thinking so far
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
atlantic: lol fuck off forever kvnts :D

central: okay, so i'm gonna be smarter about this. as much as detroit and the stanvan experiment is, picking indiana prolly. they'll fall back to earth in that division which means better games, plus they're rarely on national tv for being as good as they have been.

southeast: atlanta is a solid candidate, prob in the mix for playoffs again, and only orlando has fewer national games. i'd rather watch the horncats 3 fewer times total for more interesting players imho.

northwest: portland's gonna be on national tv a lot this year. okc is too. toss up between watching utah figure shit out and javale mcgee getting healthy so denver will throw me ten or twelve ridiculous highlights this year.

pacific: obvious choice is suns.

southwest: tossup between memphis and 9 national games and new orleans hornicans with 10. better team vs. DA BROW. i don't know what to dooooooooooooo
Only Atlantic team might be worth a view is the Rapturds, and holy dogshit do they have THE worst, by far worst announcer in Jack Armstrong. He takes annoying to a new stratosphere. Make the homers in Boston listenable by comparison.

Utah's appeal, by contrast is I really like their announcers, and Denver too are good. Blazers are good... Golden State-- I like the team more than the crew.

Announcers I guess less of a factor given new LP lets you choice which teams broadcast. Watching crappy cavs last few years wound up picking the other teams crew quite often, just because I was sick of hearing the same BS every game.

San Antonio is shockingly bad. Like how good and perfect they seem to play on the court the announcing is b-team all the way...homerish AND annoying. Every team is going to have some homerism to 'em, but when you tag annoying to it, its a deal breaker.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Toilet Fleet wrote:okay, so i'm gonna be smarter about this. as much as detroit and the stanvan experiment is, picking indiana prolly.
aHA!!

Why not the Bulls?

Still predicting a Suns fall from Grace even though deepest backcourt in the league. Dragic & his little bro, Bledsoemucheneededatransfusion, G Green, Isiah T.... fucking crazy. Maybe they don't need a good frontcourt at all. Shit that might be fun as hell.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

bulls are on national tv almost 4 times more often than the pissers. stop trying to sabotage my savings account goddammit.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

hey natas what do you think about lauren holtkamp?

more like lauren hotkunt amiright
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

bland ed wrote:hey natas what do you think about lauren holtkamp?

more like lauren hotkunt amiright
I'd get in her dockers.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Well I did some research and I guess you found her best picture. I got distracted by watching videos of this gal:

:drooly:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

listened to the clips/jizz on the way home last night

exum: get a handle, boy. a 0.5 ast/to ratio will keep you glued to the bench. in college. in siberia. lit it up from outside though. is it just me or do the jazz have ninety-six legit perimeter shooters? real reedy in the middle. definite fifth team candidate. love too watch gordon hayward underplay his contract :D
Natas

Post by Natas »

DeMarcus Cousins' goal this year is to get five not get more than five technical fouls

Myboi

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
#BonnerUp