The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Kingdoms of Almalur was free on PS plus this week and I downloaded. Just spent a few hours on it. It's not a great game and yet... I got totally absorbed in it. The combat is ridiculously simple and button mash-y, the stories are pretty generic, but it's good at what it does. Anyone else play this?
I started it once, but it was directly after playing Skyrim, and the game felt completely retarded. I may revisit if I ever feel like playing a game like Fable (although I do own Fable 3, and I've never played that).
It IS funny that this is the world Curt Schilling was betting everything on. It's possibly the most generic fantasy world anyone could make.
His studio didn't even make most of it. They bought the idea and the team working on it from a distressed studio.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Seriously??? The narrative I've always heard was that they actually cranked out a pretty awesome game that got good reviews but undersold (Kingdoms) and then ate fucking shit fiscally with their next project. They didn't even make that shit??

Not that I've even played it but the story behind that company fascinates me... heard a bit on the radio the other day covering the auction of his estate :fp: so depressing

they were selling like... his kids copy of Nintendogs
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i feel like it was super mario 2 style retrofit or something along those lines.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

amalur wasn't bad, it was just really rough in places. like, nobody needed that game to be that fucking long. nobody wants to sink 100 hours into a single-player MMO style game.

i dunno. i think i bought it for full price and got a solid 40 hours out of it. it was fun. ish.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I played the demo and couldn't be fucked when it was free.

I still have ICO and Shadow Of the Colossus to play through again in HD.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm lovin' it
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

The only tv show I watch live anymore is stupid WWE RAW and I watch that on Sky Sports One via the internet. Last night I was bombarded with COD: Ghost commercials and not a single one had any game play footage.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:The new Arkham/Batman game comes out this month?? Man, that kinda snuck up on me.
If you are going to buy it, go here http://www.greenmangaming.com/ and use that 25% off code on the ad. It doesn't last much longer.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:The new Arkham/Batman game comes out this month?? Man, that kinda snuck up on me.
If you are going to buy it, go here http://www.greenmangaming.com/ and use that 25% off code on the ad. It doesn't last much longer.
thanks dude! I think this is a console purchase for me though.

I am slowly realizing I am excited for this game.

:awesome: Weren't we just ragging on this game about two weeks ago. Well, it's up to you then to tell me if I should get it or not. Hoping there is a demo,though.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: I'm also a little nervous cause it's a new studio, but we'll see.
New dev + I already liked City less than Asylum = probably not getting this.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:The one thing I'm afraid of is that it's just going to be totally generic.
Well, it has some whotzis as Batman and (drum roll) Nolan North as the Penguin, so if generic is what they're shooting for, they're on the right track. Especially the fact that Conroy isn't in this as Batman doesn't bode well considering that apparently he is still doing Batman, just in some other game... it all pretty much reeks of Origins being farmed out to the B team.

And btw, I agree City was still a good game, I just liked Arkham better, partially because I'll always prefer a tighter story over plodding open-world crap, even if it's in the context of The Real Batman Simulator.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Troy Baker? I can't say I recognize the name, let's see:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1684869/

Booker DeWitt

The Default voice for SaintsRow III & IV, oh shit, I love that character.

Thumbs up to Troy. :tup:
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

living with new roomates and playing Civ 5 on King mode for the last few days. And I don't "save and go back" I play until I die, and only save when I'm quitting to come back to it. At first the screams of "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" alarmed them. Now they just laugh at me. I'm sitting at turn ~270 and I've tricked Denmark and Spain into constantly fighting each other so they're leaving me alone while I work at a cultural victory and have a decent enough standing army to deflect invasions. I also never realized that with your coastal cities you can have a ranged attack ship sit in your city port in addition to having a unit garrisoned. I -love- that you can setup trade routes and export production so new cities can immediately be connected and start producing at a reasonable click, that is fucking huge.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

watch dogs delayed until 2014... a month before it was scheduled to come out, and after being sold in tons of next-gen bundles? not a good sign. really glad i cancelled my PS4 preorder in retrospect
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

hahahahahahaha
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

As much as I love the game, the PC version of SC:Blacklist has, um, a few issues, so as hilarious as this is, I'm glad they're... not rushing this game? When it comes out, it might actually, like, work, and stuff.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Pisscubes wrote:Christ-- there was a ps4 bundle sold with this game? So, now what? Do those people get a different game instead?
it's just retailer bundles, meaning they basically just threw your console and game in the same box. i assume they'll offer you one of the other games or a reduced price on your order.

fucking ubisoft man, those guys are dropping balls all over these days
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:As much as I love the game, the PC version of SC:Blacklist has, um, a few issues, so as hilarious as this is, I'm glad they're... not rushing this game? When it comes out, it might actually, like, work, and stuff.
and yeah, this. fucking ubisoft can't make a pc game that works on launch, or for the month after launch, EVER. if you'll remember my temper tantrum regarding Far Cry 3 being utterly unplayable until they patched it.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

You'd think with their 600+ employees on each game they'd launch games smoothly.or create game mechanics they didn't rip straight from the Assassin's Creed games but no. Watch Dogs wasn't looking so hot.

Crytek posted a tweet about how by the end of Ryse's crunch time, they'll have served over 11,000 dinners to their employees. Cue a bunch of game bloggers and indie devs sending smug quips and faux outrage.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

No doubt. It's hilarious they're taking a joke so seriously. No fun in gaming!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

On one of the God of War game discs there's a long documentary about how Santa Monica Studio makes these games - everyone looks like extras from The Walking Dead by the end, and I'm 99% sure the reason they got a new director for the third one is because otherwise the staff would've killed the guy who directed 2 and put his head on a spike in the office. It was sort of funny/scary/depressing all at the same time.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I'm playing rounds of cs source almost every night, add me on steam if you wanna get down "canondocre"
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The boy is on a huge Rayman kick so we've been playing Rayman 2. It's good, but I forgot the horrors of early 3D platforming camera issues.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

hahahah what the fuck, i'll buy a third copy of that game

best worst game